Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

hi

i have a problem with the tyres modules, i cannot use new tyres?

i break a uaz, i choose changes tyres but it do nothing??

Edited by Dalia

I have strange problem with R3F, it's not fully working, I only don't have option in action menu to carry objects like Hbarriers, sandbags, etc., but I can do it with MGnests, barrels (everything else is working fine). I even used folder from R3F example mission to run it, but without any results. But i found out if I will put R3F execVM in init just above "execNow "core\init.sqf";" line, it will work, but I will get scripterror saying something about '_this' in Crp caching script (main.sqf), which will make mission not initialize completely. How I can fix that problem with R3F?

Wolffy, would it be possible to add by default all of the modules to the mission parameters, so that they can be turned on/off whilst setting up the mission? This would make it much easier to test.

I had a play around doing it myself last night and managed to disable the ambient civilians & traffic by editing a few files, but I don't know if I did it the right way.

hey enders!

idea is nice! you can easily enable/disable the modules by commenting the lines out, eithout changing code much. Fe., if ya wanna disable "revive" edit the lines in

\support\modules\modules.hpp

to

#define RMM_AAR

#define RMM_CAS

#define RMM_CNSTRCT

#define CRB_FLIPPABLE

#define RMM_JIPMARKERS

#define RMM_LOGBOOK

#define RMM_RECRUITMENT

//#define RMM_REVIVE

#define RMM_TASKS

#define CRB_TWNMGR

#define RMM_TYRES

#define R3F_LOGISTICS

nah need fi changing code inna descr. or fumbling around with the files.

guidance

Dave

The Tora Bora one for you guys!

Mission: Tora Bora Reality v1.45

Versions: MSO 3.4 and VTS 3.5

Developer(s): MSO team, VTS Team, ported by me

Required Add-Ons: CBA, ARMA OA, Tora Bora

>> VTS included

>> Added Al Zarkawi moving thru the mountains ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LJBW6V31

have fun ;)

Out of interest, what spec servers are you guys running this on? I get massively different results from locally hosted tests compared to our dedicated server - on local LAN host, there's a ton of civ, ambient air and things run very smoothly. Stick it on the dedicated server and all that ambience goes very quiet, we get quite bad lag spikes and after about 48 hrs the machine crashes with an out of memory error.

I can't tell whether this is an ArmA2 issue, or the dedicated server config, or rubbish server specs (it's a Killer Creations hosted one) or MSO causing the problem.

Out of interest, what spec servers are you guys running this on? I get massively different results from locally hosted tests compared to our dedicated server - on local LAN host, there's a ton of civ, ambient air and things run very smoothly. Stick it on the dedicated server and all that ambience goes very quiet, we get quite bad lag spikes and after about 48 hrs the machine crashes with an out of memory error.

I can't tell whether this is an ArmA2 issue, or the dedicated server config, or rubbish server specs (it's a Killer Creations hosted one) or MSO causing the problem.

16AA Server Specs (We have 2 servers)

Dedicated

HP Blade BL460c

2 * Intel Xeon® CPU E5420 @ 2.5GHz (2 Physical Processors) - Quad Core

16GB RAM PC2-5300 DDR2

2 * 146GB SFF SAS HDD's (RAID 1)

Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 (64-bit OS)

100MB (1-to-1 connection)

The 'Arma2OA.cfg' file has the following settings...

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

MinBandwidth=20000000;

MaxBandwidth=70000000;

MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinErrorToSend=0.0024999999;

MaxCustomFileSize=2000000;

AToC=0;

I've not logged onto our current mso mission for a few days but it has been up and running for a number of days now (I'm guessing at least a week, possibly 10 days).

wow nice, wtb free hosting on my work server...!

Did you disable anything in particular on your MSO to save mem/bandwidth or is it pretty much vanilla? If so, then it would indicate our problem is server side.

It's still running right now, but has gotten a bit laggy, though we reckon that's on account of unchecked Terrorist Cells (been a busy couple of days this week :)) that we haven't killed. There are now 600 units, 300+ of which are terrorist cells.

We did however decrease the speed in which the terrorist cells grew to a third of what it was - probably contributing to longer play time.

;1915789']We did however decrease the speed in which the terrorist cells grew to a third of what it was - probably contributing to longer play time.

What is that figure?

I have set parameters in the next release to be:

1 recruit per cell per - 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hrs and 3hrs.

I've turned TCells off altogether and half the ambience stuff in a bid to see if I can make it run longer. Unless it's one of the addons - though nothing in the server.rpt file would suggest that's a problem - I fear it's the measly 2Gb RAM on our server which is causing us to suffer.

Edit: and no luck. Still bombs out on us after a day or so. I give up, I don't know enough about servers or arma2 server configs to fix this. I'm afraid it's back to regular missions for us :(

Edited by friznit2

What is that figure?

I have set parameters in the next release to be:

1 recruit per cell per - 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hrs and 3hrs.

It was 3 hours I believe. Enders knows more :) Will point him this way.

Hello,

First off I would like to thank you for giving the community the MSO. It's amazing!

I have a few questions. What do the different colored flags mean that are over the towns? In addition to that what does it mean when a town's hatching goes from white to blue and then white again.

I looked through the documentation but did not see much that addressed it.

Thanks

Knight31

2nd Ranger Bn

The flags over towns are the civvy's happiness with us :D

White = neutral, red = angry, green = happy!

Towns hatching, white unchecked - blue means clear afaik! :cool:

Thanks Knight31.

I have a few questions. What do the different colored flags mean that are over the towns? In addition to that what does it mean when a town's hatching goes from white to blue and then white again.
The flags over towns are the civvy's happiness with us :D

White = neutral, red = angry, green = happy!

Towns hatching, white unchecked - blue means clear afaik! :cool:

The flags are:

White/Black = neutral or not ready

Red = a civilian has hurt themselves and they are angry/scared

Green = happy!

The hatching is:

If civilians or BLUFOR spot enemy = RED

BLUFOR have "seized" an area (this may not necessarily mean you've killed all OPFOR, just that you outnumber them) = BLUE

White hatching just means its unknown.

The 15th MEU runs this on their server and they found out that the helos and jets that fly around cause units to get spawned then recached. After a while it builds up and server freaze or crash happens. They grounded all the aircraft and server has no performance problems at all. Mission ran for about 5 hours before I left. No double spawns, no disapearing enemy, no AI warping.

Might want to set it so only ground units spawn enemy if possible.

I have a new caching system in the next release. We'll reassess and see what the results are.

Was hoping to release Sunday past, but as usual there are certain items that are taking longer than expected.

Nice wolffy! provide a testing package and i will go over it!

Thx!

dave

Two quick questions: how do you setup the number of lives available per player ? Is it possible to have an "infinite" setting ?

I've read the 2 manuals but I was not able to locate this info.

Thx!

You can set that in the parameters before mission start - number of lives and how often they regen. Infinite is an option.

Running this again on a shiny new test server with extra RAM. Made a few tweaks but so far seems to be stable...fingers crossed.

Ok guys - I'm putting a request out for any good coders.

I am halfway through making a module of Norrin's Revive, but there is an issue with it using references to player object names instead of just unit objects. If any coders out there want to give it a crack, I'll give them what I have and they can get the credit for making it work! :)

Secondly, in the SR5 Reezo's IED Detect thread, its been stated that Ambient bombers does not work on dedicated server. I've merged all that code, but if that is the case, then it is useless for MSO until its fixed. Any volunteers willing to give it a crack?

Happy to help anyone who wants to try fixing either of these, with real-time support over Skype chat. PM me if you're interested.

Ive been trying to get SR5 Ieds (on a dedicated server) to work with your mission for about a week now. No luck yet though. You can manually put Ieds down, but that obviously takes out the random factor of MSO. Ill let ya know if I get anywhere.

In my mso edits there is norrins revive and its working, disabled yours since 3.3 cuz of rmm-revive not working with some params (think yu fixed that). also there are no server errors related to this revive method, but certainly there are some bugs! i disabled some features tough, like dragging i think to have it not conflict with other features esp. related to the wounding system. But since im no good coder, it was more a workaround than a proffesional implementation - but its working :)

I think the difference highhead, is that I'm making it a module that you just turn on and it works, rather than implementing revive the normal way, where you have to name all your units, modify the revive-init.sqf, put down the gamelogic, etc.