Sign in to follow this  
FAF_DRAKO

It's a Sad Day for the ArmA 2 Community...

It's a sad day today for everyone in the ArmA 2 Community...:mad:

This was posted at Dev-Heaven main site by Xeno:

Domination officially closed!

Added by Xeno 1 day ago

The Dom project is now closed.

After the constant bashing from various people in the BIS forums over the years I've lost my remaining motivation to continue.

It seems that respect is something which is lost in these times, specially respect for people who do all the work in their spare time for free

and try to improve the situation for others (and mostly for the public servers out there).

Thanks to all who liked Dom and thanks to all for making it the most played online mission (by far).

Seems that the gameplay was just what people were looking for

(and yes, it were you, the players, who formed it, and not a single person or group who think(s) his/their kind of gameplay is best)

Files section will stay open for some time.

Dom 4, while 98% done, won't make it into public.

Once the last public MP mission maker is gone you'll notice that you can't play addons.

It must really suck to do this much work for free and feel like no one in the ArmA Community cares. I may be out of line for posting this here but since it seems all the whiners here caused this... I'm hoping that Xeno will see how many more of us here appreciate his hard work. I'm hoping that this may hopefully influence Xeno to reconsider eliminating Domination series as I was really looking forward to his next Domination 4.

Xeno... I can't speak for anyone else but I truly appreciate everything you've done for the ArmA community... beyond just the Domination series. I really do hope you reconsider your decision which may be influenced by just a few bad apples here in this community. I'm sure many here will agree with me.

This is just another example of people who think their opinions of mission are even slightly relevant. Time and time again we see addon makers do things for free and time and time again we see people slag them off because they want something else. Learn how!

I think Vilas said it best when he said

Maybe it's that the OFP era community has retired and the CoD community era has begun? Demanding 12 year olds who must have something now! - Vilas

I must admit Domi is my choice when I want a quick MP fix and my buddy is too busy to whip up a mish with me.

RIP Domi

I fail to see what Domination has to do with ArmA2 or OA in general. It's a 3rd party mission as all the hundreds or thousands out there too.

If Xeno feels that he must stop it because people complained about it - well then, it's his project and he does what must be done.

It's surely not the end of days. :)