Sign in to follow this  
TheMrPatrick

Menu problem, need help.

I have this very annoying problem where the button in every menu start "flickering" after some time of playing. It looks like something is scrolling ultra fast trough my menu. I can still click buttons with my mouse. But I can't use some things, like the video settings where you have to make some selections like * low, medium, high *. I can't click them thanks to it. And also the autofilling of words in MP finishes every word it sees. Which makes chatting impossible.

I have done some searching on Google and some forums without any result. Is this a known problem?

Try in troubleshooting section of the forum. But no, I've never heard of it before. Try different mouse/keyboard and/or disable some startup software/services. Sounds weird.

Sounds like your tab key is being pressed constantly. Are you using the Steam overlay, by any chance?

When Im in the editor and open the Steam overlay it happens to me aswell, but it stops when I click with the mouse somewhere or maybe it's when I press tab, cant remeber.

Welcome to the forum TheMrPatrick

This sounds similar to a bug I get quite often when playing Domination after I have died. Basically its like the game remembers what the last keyboard Keys you where pressing as you died and keeps activating them. E.G. you open the map after you choose respawn and it keeps scrolling through all the left side map options over and over. Same with the "gear menu" or the repspawn interface.

A way I have found to fix this is to press all the normal keys you press while in game. It seems that if you press the "Stuck" key again it will stop it from happening. I use the arrow keys for movement in game, so after I die and I have this bug I press all directions on my arrow keys and that usually stops it.

Edited by -=seany=-

I had his issue and all I did was unplug and plug in my usb mouse to get rid of it. (it was like mighty mouse was spinning the wheel)

Full DVD, no Steam here.

i need your help or anyone my arma 3 has a problem the main menu keeps scrolling so i can pick a server or any thing do you know a fix. i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game but it did not fix the game i just got this game and then it started acting up all of my screens off the main menu scroll i don't know what the problem is but if you have any ideas that would help i cant even read any of the servers cause it scrolls by way to fast and its not my mouse because it works find any where else this is the only game i have a problem with the scrolling.