//Init.sqf
Player moveInCargo Plane1;

MyPath = compile preprocessFile "path1.sqf";

MyPath2 = compile preprocessFile "path2.sqf";

rec = [] spawn Mypath;

titleText ["PILOT: Hey wake up, were landing now", "BLACK OUT", 1]; 

sleep 4;

titleText ["", "BLACK IN", 0.7]; 

But this script executed 30 seconds after the mission start via a trigger does not work properly, the title text does but only last's for half a second and i do not go in car1, all names are correct

//moveincar.sqf
titleText ["", "BLACK OUT", 0.9]; 

Player moveInCargo "car1";

sleep 3;

rec2 = [] spawn Mypath2;

titleText ["", "BLACK IN", 1]; 

EDIT: I added a "Player setPos getPos moveh1;" and put the player right next to the car I wan't him in, but sleep still won't work, it's titletext thing looks like he's blinking and last's about half a second

Edited by ArmAriffic

so is it car1 or moveh1? make up ur mind :) Also in the init you move him into Plane1. Should you not get him out first before going into Car1?

moveincargo.sqf is initiated by a trigger 30 seconds after the mission starts, i'm creating an intro type mission

//moveincar.sqf
titleText ["", "BLACK OUT", 0.7]; 

Player setPos getPos moveh1;

sleep 5;

titleText ["", "BLACK IN", 0.7]; 

thats the new one, it does not move me in cargo ether, i did it like that so the player is not in the plane

sleep 5; will not work

Edited by ArmAriffic

Change this

to this

Player moveInCargo car1;

Maltti

it was right in front of me lol, kinda sleepy now that's why i didn't see it, thanks

any idea about sleep 5; not working

it was right in front of me lol, kinda sleepy now that's why i didn't see it, thanks

any idea about sleep 5; not working

Sleep commands don't work on init fields/scripts. I see that the 5 second one is not in an init field or script, but I see one in the first script up there :)

Sleep commands don't work on init fields/scripts. I see that the 5 second one is not in an init field or script, but I see one in the first script up there :)

oh ok, thanks

you can run sleep in init fields by using spawn command, it basically creates a "script" running.

It can now take any commands used in any script.

Example in init of any unit:

_null = this spawn {sleep 5; hint "i have slept for 5 seconds"; sleep 2; hint "i slept again for 2 seconds"; waitUntil {!alive _this}; hint format["%1 is dead",_this];};

Note that spawn requires you to collect whatever outside info to it as any other script.

above i used this wich relates to _this inside the "script"

Could also have used [this] but then you would have to declare this inside the spawn with _unit = _this select 0, or simply just use (_this select 0) instead of _this in the hint format part.

Its ok for any script, but its better to use a real script if its used alot or is big, but its a matter of taste i believe.

Put -showScriptErrors in your shortcut to get feedback on the lines you may have mistyped or in which you have used improper syntax.