Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Favourite BI city in the series?

I enjoy a bit of urban combat, and I've always had a soft spot for two cities in this series.

Corazol.

With it's 2 level highways and it's strategic importance. The AI seemed to handle the roads quite well, and the undulations mean they can sneak around. The mountain to the West makes it easy to pummel the armour in the town which is a bit of a shame - doing tanks up close and personal is much more of a rush. :) Would love to see this properly in the current engine.

Chernogorsk.

Possibly the best BI city ever. Seemingly properly designed by a real town planner it has an authentic feel to it. Because it's coastal, your flanking options are limited and the high buildings mean you can't get airsupport really close in - all adds to the fun. Perhaps the highpoints (the church and the silos) offer too commanding a view over the town for inveterate campers.

What say the rest of you?

Corazol was great, loved bagango as well, Montinac ofp, nice little town with airstrip just to the north, really nice little town.

Bagango would definitely feature in my favourites too.

lipany

and cant remember the exact name, but it was a town full of high rise buildings and had an industrial town feel to it on nogova

, Montinac ofp, nice little town with airstrip just to the north, really nice little town.

Montignac not Montinac Jeza ;) That was my favourite too until Resistance came out with Lipany :p

Bielow

Zargabad, besides having the most gorgeously detailed, authentic and interesting building models in any videogame, has a certain mystique since I can't run it at over 15fps.

If Zargabad wasn't so laggy it would be that, but it is so my favorite are Bagango then Chernogorsk

Have you people forgotten about Dolores?!

I like Berezino a lot more than Chernogorsk, myself. Maybe even Elektradzavodsk as well. ЕлектразаводÑк

My favourite 3 were Corazol, Ortego, Dolores (In order from best to worst).

Paraiso was nice but was too 'in-land' for my liking :P

Simply flying/driving/boating past these three was satisfying enough to keep me entertained for a while!

---[Edit]---

Berezino was also quite nice but it took quite a while to get to Krasnostav airport via car because of the dirt-tracks although come to think of it, it's the same case in the cities from Sahrani. BIS just makes the most beautiful coastlines :D

Edited by SASrecon

Ortego for me.

Smash through it from the front, game of footy round the back when you're done.

Montignac not Montinac Jeza ;) That was my favourite too until Resistance came out with Lipany :p

Bielow

lol cheers, spelling after several pints drops away fast!

Aye ortego was great actually

I always liked Mercalillo. The hills with the ruined tower to the North and the fields to the South and East with the coast to the West.

Always enjoyed attacking the town through the fields using the hay bales for cover. Just had a very WW2 feel to it.

Corozal, Berezino, Chernogorske (of course lol), and Zargabad (some of the funnest urban pvp I've had was in that map).

I always liked Mercalillo. The hills with the ruined tower to the North and the fields to the South and East with the coast to the West.

Always enjoyed attacking the town through the fields using the hay bales for cover. Just had a very WW2 feel to it.

Same, I love that town. I still make missions their all time with CAA1. There are plenty of places for enemy troops and armor to hide while you dodge enemy fire in the hay.

I like Cherno and Feruz Abad too. Zelenogorsk is my favorite. So many different things can be done with that city.

Chernogorsk and Vybor... I just think the fact that it's next to the airfield and is inland makes it really cool and believable.

Chernogorsk is a good urban area, with a surprising amount of variety in a small town. Zargabad is also good, I am writing this coming off a great HC battle there where I had some real trouble with the AI putting some really effective fire down one of the long main streets. I also like lots of the little villages in Chernarus and Takistan. Chardarakht West has seen quite a few really hairy defensive battles on my machine, so it deserves a mention.

Dolores

Three goddamn bridges. And not too low for an aerial fly-through. Result is Camel Rage.

Bagango

In terms of diversity it's the best town ever.

Vybor

Very nicely built little town.

Corazol. Loved the giant trench/ravine that ran between the city border.

Nostalgia wants me to say Montignac, but that's not really the case anymore. I'd have to agree with Celery and say Bagango would be my favorite, followed by Dolores. Oh how I miss Sahrani...

I think Chernogorsk and Zargabad are the most detailed and realistic towns BIS have made so far, but both cause major performance drops. Also, just because I find them realistic, that doesn't make them great for gameplay like the aforementioned two from Armed Assault as well.

Which city is between Corazul and Dolores ? The one with the big street slicing it in half, with a big castle ruins overlooking the city?

That's my fav. Bloody awesome to sit there and snipe around. :)

Do you mean Modesta? In that case, it's a ruined Church rather than a castle, but yes, fought many awesome firefights there too. :D

Here's a map of Sahrani, if anyone wants it.

Edit: Read "Dolores", thought "Bagango." Don't ask why. :p

Edited by Zipper5

Oh, great! Nah, i meant Ortego. You just gotta love it. :)

Dunno how many times we setup a FARP on the big hill to the north of it. (the one with all the plants so you cant see who's advancing on you) :P

I must say Obregan is one of my favourites. It had the beautiful fields to the west and hills to the east. The bridge was a good place to take out convoys. I do miss Sahrani...

From nostalgia I would say Montignac or St Pierre.

Theres so many small beautiful places in Chernarus I wouldnt dare to choose anyone. It feels Im still exploring that place.

Well I won´t pick OFP or Amra ! Maps, otherwise nostalgia is going to overwhelm me. Well and I haven`t played them for a very long time..

Arma 2:

Chernogorsk: With is industrial compley and the nice Town center a really good place to fight

Elektrozavodsk: A City divided in two parts, the city center with its main streets and all those backyards, and the industrial/harbour complex.

Berenzino: A Factory, a sawmill, the city itself, many places to fight. Can be a real nightmare thought if you are attacking

Zelenogorsk: So many opportunitys for attackers and defenders alike! Wonderfull place to fight

Solnichniy: A small village of great strategical importance. Don´t think that you control the town if you are above the quarry.

Krasnostav: A very tricky place to fight, the defender can be easily flanked, but the attacker can be flanked as well.

Vybor: Lots of space, Tank country.

OA: Zargabad: Imho the very best city BIS ever build. Absolutely great for Urban Combat.

Feruz-Abad: Of great strategical value with many defensive positions

And some others too