Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

can i get some help Arma2 rpt report

Hi all been working on my map for weeks with no errors all has been fine now in the last week my map keeps crashing in editor ive added nothing that was not all ready on map.

I have tried with no cba it crashes

with cba crashes

The only way it does not crash is if i run my insurgency mission i made with ace and slx works fine for hours but if i use my bare map it crashes or if i use ace and slx on bare map still crashes

Here's rpt if any 1 can spot what's going on really need a fix as its near release next week but cant if i can not sort it out cheers all

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;baf;pmc;@cba;addons\@hellskitchen" -nosplash -cpuCount=4

Exe timestamp: 2011/04/06 00:07:07

Current time: 2011/04/25 18:15:00

Version 1.59.79384

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[78,34.929,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[78,35.039,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[78,39.079,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[78,39.279,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 14"]

[190,41.268,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[190,41.321,0.1,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,4,156],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[190,41.336,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

[1352,70.541,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[1352,70.637,0,"MISSINIT","","hellskitchen",false,true,false]

[1352,74.438,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[1352,74.503,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 1"]

[1460,77.76,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[1460,77.813,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,4,156],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[1460,77.82,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

There is no crash logs in what you posted. What you see is only XEH/CBA logging.

Hi SmokeDog...

I'm afraid that rpt doesn't really say anything about your island at all... XEH is just part of CBA initialising itself, and theres nothing in CBA which should interfere with or influence a terrain in any way...

You say your island crashes when you run it just by itself?? - the rpt from that might be a bit more informative... it's always best to make sure the terrain runs OK by itself with no other mods running at all...

One slight wierdness I notice... in your launch parameters... this bit...

-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;baf;pmc;@cba;[color="Red"]addons\@hellskitchen[/color]

You have your island modfolder INSIDE BIS's main game "Addons" folder??? - that's not correct - it should be on the main game directory just the same as @CBA and all other non-official modfolders...

Not sure if that would cause crashes or anything, but its an oddity you can do without...

B

Edited by Bushlurker
PvPscene beat me to it... :D

cheers bush mate its doing my head in mate there is no crash report apart from the arma2 oa rpt above no hints at all to watts going on in RPT

I've had my addon in the main not the addon folder for arma2 as long as I've been building it and its been fine I have cba ace and slx and my map in main then all other mods in addon folder

The map and terrain have been fine with no mods running or multiply mods running for weeks I just dont get this latest 1 I am now trained well in the arma2 F**kup and get out of it scenarios and this seems nothing like Iv'e come across.

As I can still play my mission for hours but if i build and play a new 1 it just crashes or even bare map crashes seems to be either crash on my weapon scope looking down or when I turn my car to the right it crashes.

I have added no new stuff in vis3 all I have done is copy templates already on map is there a limit to the amount of objects on map as ive had the command buffer too small (2287) error as well. not sure as I have heavily populated fields on a small map 5x5 km

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

here's an rpt without the cba running noticed that it will crash game on the same bend in the road when driving get to the bend turn and it crashe's repeatedly

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;addons\@hellskitchen" -nosplash -cpuCount=4

Exe timestamp: 2011/04/06 00:07:07

Current time: 2011/04/25 19:50:30

Version 1.59.79384

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Also just loaded and played my last map pbo from last week and went to were it crashed on later version and no crashes on the old 1 its strange the only thing ive done is copy what i already have on map so think its the amount of items on map maybe i know theres thousands on cheranus but the map is huge mine is 5x5 packed to the gills with fields trees and bushes

bush i can upload and send a link if you dont mind taking a look can seed both old that works and new that crashes for you to scratch ur head over

There is a certain amount of objects you can put together as maximum... make a test copy of your current work... delete all objects in your vis3 test map and then save, export to wrp and binarize... if it works, well you know where to track any mistake...

If it does not work, I suggest you to make a new installation of the game... Actually once I had to do it on my steam version of A2CO and that resolved my pbo crashes...

Hope it helps... cheers

cheers rob ill give it a go i know i have had to many objects in vis when playing with vis while learning vis would crash and say too many objects in set grid but on this map had no errors like that when in vis

I have last weeks save and ive added 2km square of new fields on the current version that is crashing so think that may be the prob shame as got another 2km to go ill reinstall the tools and game thanks mate

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

That sounds like sound advice from Robster there...

It's an odd sounding crash problem - haven't really heard of anything exactly like that before... I guess object count could be an issue...

Backtracking versions is a great idea - find the one that's stable - then obviously the problem lies somewhere with whatever was added after that point...

B

Cheers lads for your help

Does any 1 know if there is a limit in said grid for items max amount allowed worth knowing if there is.

Also how can i get an item count from my map just to see what i do have on last week and this weeks so i can average the new amount i added

Also just noticed that my surfaces.hpp and clutter.hpp in my map folder have been wrote in my map config ? I haven't put it or altered config so now i have 2 surfaces and clutter 1 in folder and 1 in config just dont get it as started off with only the 1 from sgt ace way which has never been changed i take it i only need it either in h.pp or in config not both

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

hi guys spent all day back tracking to the point all natural items was deleted from map and it still crashed

I then removed the building and walls from map were it kept crashing and it worked so thought i would delete on the latest version and it is still the same it crashes so not sure as

to were my problem is don't think it is too many items any more as map was bare when it crashed any help or thoughts on the matter would be great

Does any 1 else have bulldozer crash when i exit bulldozer as it happens every time to me app crash and the rpt is 29051 lines long

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

As told you before, once I had to reinstall the game cause I had a similar issue... Thought it was buldozer, but no... it was the game itself.... some file corrupted or something like that... Steam said my game was incomplete or something like that... BTW, that happened about a month ago when the last update came up...

Now everything is running fine for me, but my own mistakes with configs and such...

My clutters are some sort of mixed or unfitted... Mikero told to not to mess with rvmats... so I will have to review all that stuff from the beginning

And don't forget to work preferably with JUST ONE project on your p drive at a time... If you want to move to another project you better move your current one to another place... Some time ago, I was working with several projects on my p drive under my tagname folder until i saw some mixed paths with projects that should'nt be there at all... so, to avoid any undesired overlap, now I keep one and only one map at a time...

saludos!

hi mate thanks for that i only have 1 project going on in p drive think its the last resort to reinstall game as tried deleting all in map as test and still broke so ill give it a shot now cheers

rvmats need to change be renamed as there will be conflicts if you leave them i use my ofpec tag smoke_ in front of rvmats and the files that go with it so i cause no conflicts with other map makers using the same named textures ie tk_hlina changes to smoke_hlina

clutter some guides use old arma1 clutter so make sure its Arma2 or OA clutter thats in the clutter.hpp

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Steam is pretty comfortable when verifying game cache and doing further reinstall, I haven't tried other methods of installation...

That procedure with rvmats seems to be correct but Mikero warned me about long text strings, then he suggested to me to use his moveobjects app to do it so... I haven't do any of that yet...

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

saludetes!!!

hi all i have got my map back up and running with no crash in game so far but in 2d editor my map no longer shows all buildings walls and vegatation... on map its there in game but on were you build a mission from its not being seen some buildings are there.

It was fine before the crash and insall but now I don't know why its not showing like before and the ladders and doors do not work any more i have the ca config copy in my smoke\ nothings changed but an install

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Hi all is any 1 else having probs with the arma2p tool as i used 1.2 version to make my map and had all configs for oa working in map ie doors ladders and oa buildings and walls show on 2d editor and in game.

Map worked fine has for weeks but then my map started to crash in certain areas now ive stripped map down so it no longer crashes.

after some advice about my errors i was told to reinstall i done a clean install of all game and bitools i deleted every trace

I then reinstalled game and reinstalled bitools then used the arma2 p 1.2 and the xcopybat for configs now configs no longer show in game for buildings to work or show in 2d editor

if i use the arma2p 1.3 it does the same ive looked through my old post when this happend and tried the way i got it working before but that no longer sees the configs

if i tick the clear temp folder in binpbo it will not crash but will have an error log always bad p3d 49 but goes in game but no working ladders or doors for oa stuff

if i untick the box it will show no errors at all and play but with no doors and ladders

i have been going in circles for ages over this and need it clearing up

after the arma2p install does any 1 else use the xcopy bat for configs in work folder as i read that the arma2p tool makes its own config folder of ca but i dont see 1 when its complete text from readme arma2p (added totally insane projects\ca\*.cpp folder (good God!) there is a single config file in my main ca folder but thats all no big folder like the xcopybat way ca folder in model folder with the config for each model

i have tried every thing to get back to were i was a working map but just dont get it as its worked and with proven ways i have made it but they dont work like that now

please any help guys

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

To all modders using oa plants papava ie heroine plants warning i used loads on my map and it started crashing.

I was not sure why but i think i may of hit a limit after weeks of adding fields its taken weeks to take model by model off map till it was stable again every other model is fine but seem to just have trouble with this 1 its gutting as my map was based on the poppy fields of Sangin but once i deleted all poppy its fine again so be carefull