Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

"apology"

I have been told that if I dont apologize for my post yesterday my posting rights will be removed.. so...

sorry for my post, it was not ment to be "offensive" but ya never know these days. Ill put a disclamer next time I post something that may be *questionable*

What post was that? Did it involve that term "wetbacks" or whatever it was?

it is not up for discussion

I like the quotation marks in "apology" and "offensive" biggrin.gif

this reminds me of the "Jap" discussion

If "Wetback" refers only to ILLEGAL Mexican imigrants than I don't see it as being racist. I think illegal immigrants don't deserve the same rights as the rest of us, and there's nothing racist about that.

I apoligize in advance if i have just jepordized my membership.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ May 19 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I apoligize in advance if i have just jepordized my membership.<span id='postcolor'>

lol nice automatic pre-emptive "apology"

I apologize for pointing out how hollow your apology is tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ May 19 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If "Wetback" refers only to ILLEGAL Mexican imigrants than I don't see it as being racist. I think illegal immigrants don't deserve the same rights as the rest of us, and there's nothing racist about that.

I apoligize in advance if i have just jepordized my membership.<span id='postcolor'>

0519200212424435.jpg

*fighting urge to start flamewar...willpower...crumbling...aaargh...Americans and their insular attitudes...no...must be...strong*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 19 2002,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that guy's pointing his M-16 at mexico<span id='postcolor'>

Looks to me more like Cuba smile.gif

lol, that guy sort of is pointing his rifle at Mexico.

Calling someone a "Wet Back" isn't offensive.

It's like calling a white guy a "White Guy".

But oddly, calling a person a "White Guy" is less offensive than calling a black guy a "Black Guy".

And Yoda did a great performance in Attack of the Clones.

you can call whites whatever you want and nobody cares. not another PC thread biggrin.gif

Damn it i knew this was going to happen. Look i'm not pointing my M-16 at Mexico, I'm not even American. My point is that if I tried to get into a country illegaly, i'd expect people to treat me like shit. Why would you respect some one that came into your country illegaly?

I'd have been better off to keep my mouth shut.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ May 19 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, that guy sort of is pointing his rifle at Mexico.

But oddly, calling a person a "White Guy" is less offensive than calling a black guy a "Black Guy".<span id='postcolor'>

I can imagine in Canada you deal with this hot button issue of the nature of Mexican racial prejudices everyday confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ May 18 2002,22:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn it i knew this was going to happen. Look i'm not pointing my M-16 at Mexico, I'm not even American. My point is that if I tried to get into a country illegaly, i'd expect people to treat me like shit. Why would you respect some one that came into your country illegaly?

I'd have been better off to keep my mouth shut.<span id='postcolor'>

i wasn't disagreeing with you

see what you made me do??? you made me waste my 1000th post! Im pissed off now  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

tounge.gif

damn i wasted my 2000th and 2001th...i was going to post some natalie portman pictures or something!

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ May 19 2002,07wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can imagine in Canada you deal with this hot button issue of the nature of Mexican racial prejudices everyday  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have any idea of how multicultural Canada is? Go to any high school around here and you'll see that "whites" are in the minority. And yes there are racist bigots here too. In fact a few years back the CBC produced a made-for-TV movie on the topic that was actually worth watching :o (Any fellow Canadians will back me up that that is pretty damn shocking) called "White Lies".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ May 19 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Calling someone a "Wet Back" isn't offensive.

It's like calling a white guy a "White Guy".<span id='postcolor'>

Wrong. Wetback isn't the same as "white guy"...it's a lot more like n***er.

I went to a predominantly European (Greek and Italian) high school, and took a lot of shit for being white. Racial slurs and nicknames aren't nice. If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you.

As for the point of racism being one-way only (i.e. only whites can be racist) I agree that is BS...racism is racism, period.

You might think little nicknames for people based on their origin "isn't really racism", but really are fooling yourself. True, it's not the same as firebombing a shop based on the race of who owns it, but it is definitely a form of racism. confused.gif

OK, sorry. Didn't mean to get heavy there. And I agree, we don't need another thread about this. I've said my piece and I'll shut up now. wink.gif

<span id='postcolor'> lol, that guy sort of is pointing his rifle at Mexico.

But oddly, calling a person a "White Guy" is less offensive than calling a black guy a "Black Guy".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I am not a "White Guy" I am a "European American" biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ May 19 2002,07:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not a "White Guy" I am a "European American" biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think you mean "Caucasian American" wink.gif

I wonder what the heck I would be classified as, I'm part Latino, part Slavic, I know there's some Hebrew in me (not enough to do a "half-off-sale" on my wee-wee tounge.gif) and God know's what else.

My god!!! Being PC can offend people sometimes worse than racism! Afew years back I was working on a loading dock. I

was talking about an ongoing story to a fellow worker. It was about a true event that happened in ST Louis ,where a black

drug dealer was shot at by a rival dealer in a car. The dude picked up a little black girl and used her as a shield , she died and

he went to prison. 2 fellow workers witch were black corrected me when I spoke about the black man. They had many

names for him and ni**er was the nicest slur they used. So pick an choose when to be PC.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pathfinder @ May 18 2002,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My god!!! Being PC can offend people sometimes worse than racism!<span id='postcolor'>

Really! You stumble over what to do and what to say so much, trying your dammedest not to offend anyone, that you end up stumbling over the wrong thing about five times over, and by the time you hit upon something that doesnt offend anyone, its too late.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 19 2002,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I went to a predominantly European (Greek and Italian) high school, and took a lot of shit for being white. Racial slurs and nicknames aren't nice.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL ! If Italians don't belong to the race of "whites" then I don't know who does.

Same goes for people labelling "Jews" as a race.

Joe: "So what is she ?"

Jack: "She's Jewish"

Joe: "No I meant her race"

Jack: "I said she's Jewish"

Joe: "Ok. I mean is she white/black/hispanic/asian ?"

Jack: "There are no black Jews you fool"

Joe: "Riiiiiiiiight"

As pathetic as it sounds, people do think that way.