Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Why shouldn't they ?

Xeno

"Six is too hard too use..... meh.....".

More than 1 year ago I would agree. Today the program is a masterpiece, very well done and easy to use. This weekend I formated the PC and installed ACE+ACRE+islands+Bunch of mods with a dozen clicks. And saves a lot of bandwidth for those that maintain repositories.

So great work Sick and of course all ACE team and contributors for the hard work. :cheers:

Why shouldn't they ?

Xeno

Because if they already know how to use YAS but don't know how to use SIX, they'll have to learn... And if they took a long time to learn how to use YAS then they'll probably take a long time to learn how to use SIX, regardless of how easy it is.

In any case, in the long run it's probably for the best, since SIX is much more efficient on bandwidth and has a lot more useful features.

Why shouldn't they ?

Xeno

See the wink? Clearly that's a shot at the few people that complain about the Updater, and there are enough. It's really not that hard to see what I was going after. Ever heard of sarcasm?

I've used the Updater since the day it went public so clearly I've got no issue with it and have said so on record as numerous times.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Because if they already know how to use YAS but don't know how to use SIX, they'll have to learn... And if they took a long time to learn how to use YAS then they'll probably take a long time to learn how to use SIX, regardless of how easy it is.

In any case, in the long run it's probably for the best, since SIX is much more efficient on bandwidth and has a lot more useful features.

He just likes to act ignorant some times. Or else he has selective memory of the numerous posts about people having issues in the past.

Is ACE supposed to be run with Vanilla AO? Reason I ask is I often run the beta patches. I had a problem in the Reapor ACE mission where the laser designator thingy often times doesn't lite up and as a result I cant call in a bomb or air strike. Wondering if its a bug or a beta patch thing.

Quick question about the Six updater GUI. When it starts up and downloads and installs an update to the program itself, is it grabbing the latest ACE files too? I cant tell. I remember to OLD gui and I recall having to update ACE alot within the tool but it seems that whenever I start the tool it has an update so it does that and then everything looks green.

Edited by nuggetz

Hover over mods in the preset tree to see their status, or review the status on the Mods tab.

Screenshot and possibly logs needed to be able to tell more.

arma2oa2011070907522461.th.jpg

anyone can tell me what is it?

All ACE up2date, Arma 2 CO 1.59

this appear after yesterday's release (1.11 RC4)

Edited by Eagleone

arma2oa2011070907522461.th.jpg

anyone can tell me what is it?

All ACE up2date, Arma 2 CO 1.59

this appear after yesterday's release (1.11 RC4)

You have an old version of CBA somewhere, perhaps in another folder besides @CBA.

Thanks guys, share the love!

Everyone loves Six.

No exceptions, it is not possible to not find something good out of it even if you hate it/don't use it.

Is ACE supposed to be run with Vanilla AO? Reason I ask is I often run the beta patches. I had a problem in the Reapor ACE mission where the laser designator thingy often times doesn't lite up and as a result I cant call in a bomb or air strike. Wondering if its a bug or a beta patch thing.

There is a bug in the latest Beta concerning lasers - check out the thread in the Beta section to see if it is what you are experiencing. If it is - they have fixed it in the next (so far unreleased) patch.

Ehy guys!

i'm using ACE2 mod, and it's really cool.

But i think that there is a bug in the BMP3:

if you mount on as left front gunner or right front gunner you have 0 ammunitions for the PKMT.

Do you know if is possible to fix it?

Ehy guys!

i'm using ACE2 mod, and it's really cool.

But i think that there is a bug in the BMP3:

if you mount on as left front gunner or right front gunner you have 0 ammunitions for the PKMT.

Do you know if is possible to fix it?

Please find http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

You have an old version of CBA somewhere, perhaps in another folder besides @CBA.

No, i have a latest updates all ACE2 include CBA via SU

93716993.jpg

I deleted the old CBA and then re downloaded it from SU

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Eagleone

No, i have a latest updates all ACE2 include CBA via SU

I deleted the old CBA and then re downloaded it from SU

Any other suggestions?

Double check the game's official Addons folders, and delete CBA_Extended_EventHandlers.pbo if found in any other folder than @CBA.

If you can't find it, you might wanna double check your VirtualStore folder (if you're on Vista/7) and remove any ArmA2 related files and folders.

(C:\users\username\appdata\local\VirtualStore)

Thx Sickboy, found CBA_Extended_EventHandlers.pbo in @duala folder, deleted it and all works fine

Everyone loves Six.

No exceptions, it is not possible to not find something good out of it even if you hate it/don't use it.

Using SIX just wasted 4GB+ of my disk space on some .rsync folders that YAS did not need to use. :rolleyes: :confused: This is just purely updating the base ACE mod with ACEX, ACEX_RU, NAVY, SM. I'm afraid to see what if i convert the rest of my addons to SIX...

But otherwise its getting better. Thanks for continuing support on the great program.

Edited by DukeNukeM.

Using SIX just wasted 4GB+ of my disk space on some .rsync folders that YAS did not need to use. :rolleyes: :confused: This is just purely updating the base ACE mod with ACEX, ACEX_RU, NAVY, SM. I'm afraid to see what if i convert the rest of my addons to SIX...

But otherwise its getting better. Thanks for continuing support on the great program.

Those files are required to be able to use differential updating (delta patching) on pre-compressed files.

The files also allow for repairing the modfolder incase files were deleted or replaced.

The thought is "Bandwidth and Server CPU processing is generally expensive / scarse, where-as harddrive space and Client CPU processing is relatively cheap and plenty".

Realtime conversion of files that need updating could be an option, yet it would increase update time, for a little space benefit.

If you have low space on your game drive, you could change the "Pack" path in the Options, and set it to another harddrive with loads of space.

New modfolders that get converted or initialized will put the .rsync/.pack folders on the Pack path location instead.

Edited by Sickboy

Maybe find a way to let users not keep the whole .rsync stuff for folders that are rarely updated, while still being able to check for updates without re-converting (and then if there is an update, then re-convert, update, and remove the .rsync stuff again). No real reason to keep a lot of extra data that helps faster updating when a mod rarely updates.

galzohar: You have a couple of options. Put the rsync files on an external drive if you aren't going to use them frequently.

If this is a special mod that is large and not updated frequently, then the author probably releases small incremental patches (the config files and new data files in seperate PBOs from the all the original data files). Just delete the .rsync folder and start updating by direct download from the author.

Bandwidth is way more precious than HDD space so I doubt if it any mod authors would insist their mods be released without patching support. Do you know of any?

I didn't mean no proper patching support. Basically what I meant is:

Say we have an island that doesn't get updated often. Instead of keeping a large file on my hard drive just to update it faster in 1 year when it might have an update released, I won't keep the file, and re-create the file only if and when an update is released.

This will make me take longer to update, but save hard drive space. Server traffic should not be affected, since when I do actually update, it's exactly the same as if I kept the file.

Of course the above should be optional and up to the user, and on a per-mod basis (so I can, say, have all my islands not keep their rsync files while letting ACE keep it for faster ACE updates).

In these cases, you could simply remove the sync information and not convert it to Six Updater - that way it will stay as a local mod and not get updated.

Like Sickboy mentioned, I simply moved all the sync info to another drive (as my SSD is limited in space and is expensive!!). It's better to do this sooner rather than later as it's a bit of a headache to move stuff when you have lots of mods.

Don't be angry for asking this, but haven't you guys thought of releasing several features/vehicles in ace separately? in case people do not wish to use all of it, but just want to use, for instance the windage effect.

No, because most of these features exist inside an over all larger framework. Taking them out and making them separate would be a lot of work for little gain.

Since manually adding the ACE wound system module to every mission I download to play is a tremendous pain, I have decided to play without it. However, a lot, most of the time, I get wounded, call a medic to patch me up, and then, after being healed, my guy continues to roll around on the ground until he dies, although he shows no wounds in the ACE interaction menu. He will roll over, take command of the squad, then roll over on his back again, wounded and the next in line takes command. This happens over and over again until my guy dies.

This is with ACE installed, but without the wound system module in the mission. How do I turn the ACE wound system off so that I can play a SP mission with the normal medic healing? Ace and everything else is patched to the latest, this happens with the Beta, or without. SP Medic is enabled in the ACE options.

Edited by nodlew