Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

[0,6,0,0,0] should spawn EAST side, Insurgents faction.

[1,5,0,0,0] should spawn WEST side, CDF faction.

CDF are WEST units, not EAST. And they're regular army, not insurgents.

[0,2,0,0,0] is wrong. The SIDE parameter should match the faction. For resistance units (I think they were paramilitary in Chernarus), you should use [2,2,0,0,0].

* All the above as per original DAC 3 documentation. Don't know if ACE changed something.

Edited by seba1976
Adding.

I agree, but the fact is that the two numbers seems to have been mixed in my setup.

2 = Chedaki (Oppfor ins) 6 = Guerilla (Indep gurilla), instead of the other way around.

Should be as you say, but its not, for some reason. I know that CDF are West units, haven't used them at all.

Hey, im new to ACE mod so bare with me. Ive got all of the underlying mods you need to run ACE, I have the steam version of arma 2 combined operations, which will allow you to run OA standalone and as a combined game with arma 2. In the ACE settings menu (Esc-> ACE settings), some of the controls dont work. For example, I cant seem to change weapon. Holding down shift and pressing Q (the default setting) doesn't do a thing. Also, I cant figure out the key(s) necessary to place satchel charges or tripwires/mines (Claymores, M-10s). Its rlly frustrating! Is there some kind of special condition that needs to occur before I can place mines and explosives (be next to a vehicle etc)? Do explosives classify as another weapon besides your rifle that you start with, and if so is that why it refuses to change weapon? Thanks in advance, Matt.

Sounds like you aint started Clippi tool and directed it to your user profile.

Well start it do the above then start ACE2 and LEAVE CLIPPI TOOL OPEN then get into a game.

Press ESC then change ACE settings as req then save.

Exit ARMA when ya ready and in th CLIPPI tool winow it should have saved your settings.

Ya probably (like me) have to change the ACE interaction key as mine by default never worked.

Thanks

Hey, im new to ACE mod so bare with me. Ive got all of the underlying mods you need to run ACE, I have the steam version of arma 2 combined operations, which will allow you to run OA standalone and as a combined game with arma 2. In the ACE settings menu (Esc-> ACE settings), some of the controls dont work. For example, I cant seem to change weapon. Holding down shift and pressing Q (the default setting) doesn't do a thing. Also, I cant figure out the key(s) necessary to place satchel charges or tripwires/mines (Claymores, M-10s). Its rlly frustrating! Is there some kind of special condition that needs to occur before I can place mines and explosives (be next to a vehicle etc)? Do explosives classify as another weapon besides your rifle that you start with, and if so is that why it refuses to change weapon? Thanks in advance, Matt.

Hi,

As the previous poster said, to lay explosives, you will need to press the' Self Interaction' key. This is by default mapped to the 'Right Windows' key. If like me you don't have a 'Right Windows' key, you need to change it. To do this follow these steps...

1. in game press Escape.

2. You will see a menu item for 'Ace Setup'. Choose that.

3. Scroll down the list of keys on the right and find the 'Self Interaction' entry - you will see that it is mapped to 'Right Windows'.

4. Select this and change it to something else. Hit save and you are done FOR THIS SESSION ONLY.

If you want to save the keys for the next time, you need to make sure that ACE CLIPPI is running. The best way to ensure this is running is to download and use the Six Updater tool as the latest version of this will launch Clippi for you. If you don't use Six Updater then clippi can be found in..

d:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@ACE\clippi\aceclippi.exe

I have put d:\games, but that may be different on your machine - it's wherever you installed arrowhead.

You will need to launch clippi BEFORE you launch the game and then keep it running in the background. It will pick up and changes you make in ace setup and store them in your profile for next time!

Hope this helps!

Hi

I have a question regarding the Tank FCS. When I am the gunner in a M1A1 or M1A2 I place the reticle over the target, lase and then fire but the shell always lands short. I need to manually move the reticle above the target to allow for the drop. Is this how it is supposed to work? I thought that the lasing automatically set the elevation?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disregard the above, it was a conflict between the Non-ACE UKF Challenger 2 for Arma2 and ACE.

Edited by aeggwards1
Clarification

Hi everyone.

I'm new in this forum and i hope you can help me to fix that problem.

I have a Problem with the Feature "fast roping". I know it sounds kinda silly, but it doesn't work...

In the Wiki at ace.dev-heaven.net it is said that one of the soldiers must have that rope and must sitting in the back of the chopper.

I do the following steps:

-give a Soldier the Order to equip with the rope (36m) which i just took out of the Box before => Done

-Give the command to mount the chopper (i choosed the blackhawk), watching that the rope carrier sitts in the back => done

-Mount as Pilot the chopper and bring it to 30m => done

The How-To says that NOW the soldier carring the rope gets an action that is called "release the rope" => Undone, 'cause i have no action called like this. What am I doing wrong? I tried different types of ropes and choppers, but everytime i got the same result...

For those who say now, I'm using the wrong version: Other features like using the Eject on Planes or a Parachute work fine...

I still don't know what i should do...

I hope someone of you can help me.

I would very appreciate it.

Greetings from Germany and hope to see you Guys out on the Battlefield

Stefan

I hope this question is in the right topic, else I am very sorry.

I have ace_sys_spectator enabled and I have restricted the viewable units to side only.

The problem is tho, that I can force the spectator into 1st person mode. Atm all spectating can go into free view and top-view and zoom out and then they have a look over the whole battlefield. Can I somehow make the spectating players forced to view in 1st person view and only that?

I agree, but the fact is that the two numbers seems to have been mixed in my setup.

2 = Chedaki (Oppfor ins) 6 = Guerilla (Indep gurilla), instead of the other way around.

Should be as you say, but its not, for some reason. I know that CDF are West units, haven't used them at all.

My bad. I misread your post. I'm sorry then I can be of no help. If what you said happens in a clean install, then the ACE DAC configuration files must be different than the DAC 3 documentation. I wasn't aware ACE had a DAC module :rolleyes:.

who can i speak to from the dev team. i need there advice cause i would like a simple version of ACE mod for my section in F2F, feel free to PM me

@Sickboy

Damn...i thought it was made for SP too...yesterday I tried about an hour with different kinds of soldiers (AI) which grabed the rope...but only one time I had the chance to fast roping with AI Players...but a second time didn't want to work...anyway, thanks for the help / advice. :)

Best wishes

Stefan

who can i speak to from the dev team. i need there advice cause i would like a simple version of ACE mod for my section in F2F, feel free to PM me

Feel free to write your question with details at the appropriate support section http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

thats great, thanks for the link.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

with the Wound system, is there a way to preset the level of injury's so when arriving on the location, there be one needing CPR, few unconscious, few walking wounded?

i tried the this getdamage 0/ 0.5/ 1 but did not get the affect i was looking for. as the wound sys did not pick up on injury's

thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I've been having trouble trying to sling rope an Avenger Humvee from an MV22. The action to hook is always grayed out. The Chinook can lift it fine but the Osprey cannot it seems. The Avenger is well within the lifting capacity so I don't understand why it wont work. Is this a bug?

Is there any way of only partially disabling Ruckless for the vanilla USMC units? So I can use Bink's US Marines along with the replacement pack by Lao Fei Mao and have the SAW gunner/Corpsman units replaced?

Still Having Fast Rope Problems!

I have been trying everything to get Fast Roping to work, I have visited the main ACE FAQs, tried to add scripting and waypoints and everything in between..Nothing works!!

I always have a rope with me(36m) and I let an AI pilot fly,what am I doing wrong?

I've searched the net, gone onto youtube, visited all the forums..BUT NOTHING HELPS

Many thanks if you can help me

sa80 (Ash)

How can I prevent groups of the same faction from showing up as NATO markers on my map? It is inappropriate for certain missions I'm making.

Hi Ash.

I think I solved the Problem. Try this please:

Join the Session as a Pilot in a for example MH-60S Knighthawk or UH-60M Blackhawk. Let the Soldiers around you mount the Chopper. If the last mounts, leave the Chopper, go to a Rope Box, take a Rope (36m in your case) and mount the Chopper again. Then hover to the position you want to fast rope the soldiers, like it is said in the How-To. Take care that the Chopper is not moving. Open the Scroll-Down menu by using the Mousewheel and you should see the action "release rope", click it an enjoy the show, at best in 3rd Person View.

Question: How can I place an EASA Module correctly? In my case I place a SU-34 in a hangar (Map Utes) and right behind an EASA Module, using F7 in the Editor. In the How To it is said that there should be an Icon, formed as a Trailer, but I don't get this, I get a blue...whatever, can't remember at the moment...anyway, if I start the Game, I get an error code what says that the EASA Module can't find a hangar building on the Map...my question once again: what am I doing wrong now?

Hope you guys can help me once again :)

Thanks

Still Having Fast Rope Problems!

Many thanks if you can help me

sa80 (Ash)

Well I battled with it long ago and as far as I remeber there should be 3conditions which all shuld apply for fast ropeing:

1. You must have a rope in your inventory.

2. The chopper must Auto hover above the surface within the limit of the rope.

3. You must sit in the cargo space of the chopper. not gunner or pilot.

here is a little part of my script, name in fastrope.sqf. and put it on the move WP for the chopper. Make an invisable H and name it StartPos for the chopper to get back to.

private ["_heli"];
_heli = _this select 0;

_heli addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ACE_Rope_M_120",2]; //add ropes incase you forgot
_heli flyinHeight 25; 
waituntil {((getposatl _heli) select 2) < 26};
_heli globalChat "Golf 1 in position, clear for fastroping";
_pilot action ["autoHover", _heli];
sleep 60;
_heli doMove (getpos StartPos);

Question: How can I place an EASA Module correctly?

If i'm getting you right the plane is in the hanger but the EASA isn't so add this to the init: this setVariable["NoHangar",true];

or move the EASA to the hanger.

Edited by shay_gman

Fast roping isn't in the mousewheel dropdown box, it's in the interaction key menu.

And why is it in my Scroll Down Menu WHILE I'm flying as a PILOT the Chopper and NOT sitting in the back / cargo area??

@shay_gman

Well...your code doesn't work...I get an error code while I'm in the Editor, the problem is the error message is in german, and i can't translate it in english :/

Edited by Stefan-Duisburg

Fast roping isn't in the mousewheel dropdown box, it's in the interaction key menu.

That must be the problem. Was wondering why I couldn't fast-rope since some ACE patch... Yeah I know I *should* read all the changelogs.

I have been running ACE for a few weeks now, and the last few days, my game kept crashing. I then realized why. I opened my crash report and it says this:

Error in expression <]] call CBA_ui_fnc_add;

if (isNil QGVAR(maxSpeed)) then { ace_sys_map_maxSpeed >

Error position: <(maxSpeed)) then { ace_sys_map_maxSpeed >

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_map\XEH_preInit.sqf, line 10

Error in expression <]] call CBA_ui_fnc_add;

if (isNil QGVAR(maxSpeed)) then { ace_sys_map_maxSpeed >

Error position: <(maxSpeed)) then { ace_sys_map_maxSpeed >

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_map\XEH_preInit.sqf, line 10

Error in expression <d_deflection = false;

;

if (isNil QGVAR(windsync)) then { ace_sys_wind_deflecti>

Error position: <(windsync)) then { ace_sys_wind_deflecti>

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_wind_deflection\XEH_preInit.sqf, line 6

Error in expression <d_deflection = false;

;

if (isNil QGVAR(windsync)) then { ace_sys_wind_deflecti>

Error position: <(windsync)) then { ace_sys_wind_deflecti>

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_wind_deflection\XEH_preInit.sqf, line 6

Error in expression <>> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vec >> QGVAR(hasrwr)) == 0) exitWith {};

_type = get>

Error position: <(hasrwr)) == 0) exitWith {};

_type = get>

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_air_rwr\fnc_getIn.sqf, line 5

Error in expression <>> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vec >> QGVAR(hasrwr)) == 0) exitWith {};

_type = get>

Error position: <(hasrwr)) == 0) exitWith {};

_type = get>

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_air_rwr\fnc_getIn.sqf, line 5

Error in expression <>> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vec >> QGVAR(hasrwr)) == 1) then {

_type = getText(c>

Error position: <(hasrwr)) == 1) then {

_type = getText(c>

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_air_rwr\fnc_init.sqf, line 9

Error in expression <>> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vec >> QGVAR(hasrwr)) == 1) then {

_type = getText(c>

Error position: <(hasrwr)) == 1) then {

_type = getText(c>

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_air_rwr\fnc_init.sqf, line 9

Error in expression <CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vehicle >> QGVAR(range));

_skin = getText(configFile >>

Error position: <(range));

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_air_rwr\fnc_rwr_us.sqf, line 41

Error in expression <CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vehicle >> QGVAR(range));

Error position: <(range));

Error Missing )

File x\ace\addons\sys_air_rwr\fnc_rwr_us.sqf, line 41

I have replaced all of the bove files with ones from a friend, still no fix. Also, my game works fine without ACE. Any idea why it is doing this, and or possible solutions?

How can I prevent groups of the same faction from showing up as NATO markers on my map? It is inappropriate for certain missions I'm making.

So is this feature optional or not?

What do you want exactly, that no groups have markers, or just some?

If you want no markers at all, I think there's a module to disable them, or you can use

if (isServer) then {
    ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false;
    publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled";
 };

If you only want some units to be invisible, you can do

(group unit) setVariable ["ace_sys_tracking_marker_override", true, true];

See http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Tracking+notes