Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

any input on my problem? please ...

About my AT guys problem

It is ACE coz without it AI shoots, buggy as he'll but still they shoot.

But with ACE the motherfukarz even say NEGATIVE now.

you helped me by providing a link to the actual bug solving special badasses of the scripting world. yet I feel like you just gave me the finger and told to fuck off...

thank you for your help.

you helped me by providing a link to the actual bug solving special badasses of the scripting world. yet I feel like you just gave me the finger and told to fuck off...

thank you for your help.

If you want something done make a detailed ticket about it on their issue tracker. I learned that the hard way.

thank you ... I in fact did post 2 tickets there after the link was provided to me.

Hello,

just tested the AH64 with Hellfires and tried to figure out the fire modes configured by the MFD.

For this, i just set up an Apache and three T-72. Out crew was 2 human players.

First we tried the L variant. I placed my circle over the tank and pressed RMB (lock on). Nothing was happening, fired rocket flew straight to the front of the chopper. It only worked when using the laser designator: Lasing the tank, fire, laser of, target hit.

With the K variant we had no luck. The only fire mode that worked was the LOBL with laser designation with laser from the chopper.

LOAL-HI fired the rocket to the sky with no laser catch up (laser always on).

Same with LOAL-LO and LOAL-DIR.

How does this system work??

For ACE Development

I saw this asked before but somewhere I read recently that AI fastroping was enabled in ACE2 but I still cant seem to find any documentation. Im looking for a chopper to fly in and deploy ropes for the players to fastrope out on, then drop the ropes and fly away- any ideas? Hoping to catch an ace-dev with this question, thanks! :p

Anything?

I am playing with several addons, including ACE, and never had this problem before. As of about a week ago, I noticed I was having a really hard time killing enemies. Then I noticed that my weapons are not actually shooting anything.

I am lag free, have tried several different maps and weapons, but no bullets ever actually leave my gun. I noticed that sometimes, they will hit the ground about 10 feet in from of my character, even though I am aiming parallel to the ground. If I engage the targets within about 5 feet, it works fine, but any more than that and it is no good.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: UPDATE

I ran it without ACE, and it works fine. The issue seems to be with ACE.

I am playing with several addons, including ACE, and never had this problem before. As of about a week ago, I noticed I was having a really hard time killing enemies. Then I noticed that my weapons are not actually shooting anything.

I am lag free, have tried several different maps and weapons, but no bullets ever actually leave my gun. I noticed that sometimes, they will hit the ground about 10 feet in from of my character, even though I am aiming parallel to the ground. If I engage the targets within about 5 feet, it works fine, but any more than that and it is no good.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: UPDATE

I ran it without ACE, and it works fine. The issue seems to be with ACE.

That has happened to me. I think it is because the server is not running ACE.

Also make sure that this is happened with all weapons, and not just scoped ones modified by ACE.

I am trying to use this Ace Wounds command:

ace_w_eh

If you set this to 0, e.g in unit init field:

t_dum = this spawn { _this setVariable ["ace_w_eh",0] };

Then the unit will not experience ACE Wounding effects.

It works as expected except for if the player re-spawns then they are then subject to ace wounding affects again.

normally I would just reapply the setVariable after the respawn except in this case it seems to have no effect.

Anyway to keep a player out side of Ace wounds affects even after respawns.

Can anyone tell me how to set up a medic with wounds? If I use a normal medic class they retian their "heal" ability, which screws things up a bit. What are you supposed to use?

I don't know if this has been asked in past: Is there a way to disable the GAU8 sounds in ACE?

Thanks,

Jarhead

yes it is go to @ace folder and delete A10 pbos they only include sounds for GAU 8

yes it is go to @ace folder and delete A10 pbos they only include sounds for GAU 8

You saved my day mister! Thanks Kon.

Jarhead

How do I use handcuffs?

Add the surrendering module to your mission, then use the interaction feature to arrest (having keycuffs on you).

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I am trying to use this Ace Wounds command:

It works as expected except for if the player re-spawns then they are then subject to ace wounding affects again.

normally I would just reapply the setVariable after the respawn except in this case it seems to have no effect.

Anyway to keep a player out side of Ace wounds affects even after respawns.

Set that variable every time player respawns ? Something like:

_unit addEventHandler ["Killed",{(_this select 0) setVariable ["ace_w_eh",0]}];

Add the surrendering module to your mission, then use the interaction feature to arrest (having keycuffs on you).

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Set that variable every time player respawns ? Something like:

_unit addEventHandler ["Killed",{(_this select 0) setVariable ["ace_w_eh",0]}];

I already tried that. I tried in on both the killed EH and the re-spawn EH. I also tried setting a short time after the re-spawn to see if I was applying the variable to an empty object and the player had not taken over yet.

But none of these options are working.

How on earth are we supposed to use the Kh-29 lazing system?

When we press Rangefinder On, the system lazes a seemingly random spot on the ground. The laser doesn't align with any cosshair I can see, so we are left trying to guess where our $100,000 munition will go.

This is about as useful as firing a sniper rifle from the hip at a man 500m away, while standing in the bed of a speeding truck.

I've tested this with the airplane stationary, and the lock location seems to be somewhere above and slightly to the right of the vertical mark on the artificial horizon. How does that make any sense?

Edited by maturin

Six Updater is claiming that @ACE wants to install DLL files ever since the latest update but I can find no info about it. What is the reason for this?

hello everybody,

the only internet connexion I have is at work. and I can't install framework 4 nor WIC on a workstation.

can you please provide a direct link to the 1.11 RC2 or give me a solution to download it.

hello everybody,

the only internet connexion I have is at work. and I can't install framework 4 nor WIC on a workstation.

can you please provide a direct link to the 1.11 RC2 or give me a solution to download it.

Wait for the final release?

ah ... well I posted a ticket of a problem I had and a guy told me that I needed to update.

so this is good news. I don't want a beta. I want the final release.

thank you for making my day. I was thinking I had an old version.

and needed to update.

Hey, im new to ACE mod so bare with me. Ive got all of the underlying mods you need to run ACE, I have the steam version of arma 2 combined operations, which will allow you to run OA standalone and as a combined game with arma 2. In the ACE settings menu (Esc-> ACE settings), some of the controls dont work. For example, I cant seem to change weapon. Holding down shift and pressing Q (the default setting) doesn't do a thing. Also, I cant figure out the key(s) necessary to place satchel charges or tripwires/mines (Claymores, M-10s). Its rlly frustrating! Is there some kind of special condition that needs to occur before I can place mines and explosives (be next to a vehicle etc)? Do explosives classify as another weapon besides your rifle that you start with, and if so is that why it refuses to change weapon? Thanks in advance, Matt.

I'm having fun with the DAC-module included in ACE. Haven't found any ACE-specific documentation for DAC, so I'm using the DAC-documentation.

fun = ["z2",[1,0,0],[5,2,20,6],[],[],[],[0,6,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

This should spawn East units of the INS type (chedaki) according to the official doc. However it spawns Guerillas that start attacking each other.

If I change it to

fun = ["z2",[1,0,0],[5,2,20,6],[],[],[],[0,2,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

It spawns Opfor INS.

Is the missing ACE documentation or is this a fault in the official doc, page 7.