Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I'm starting to think that the Javelin's ability to be fired from buildings isn't unique.

In 1975, the US Army Human Engineering Laboratory at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland, conducted extensive firing of LAW, Dragon, 90-mm RCLR, and TOW from masonry and frame buildings, and from sandbag bunkers. These tests showed that firing these weapons from enclosures presented no serious hazards, even when the overpressure was enough to produce structural damage to the building. The following were other findings of this test.

(a) Little hazard exists to the gunnery or crew from any type of flying debris. Loose items were not hurled around the room.

(b) No substantial degradation occurs to the operator's tracking performance as a result of obscuration or blast pressure.

© The most serious hazard that can be expected is hearing loss... To place this hazard in perspective, a gunner wearing earplugs and firing the loudest combination (the Dragon from within a masonry building) is exposed to less noise hazard than if he fired a LAW in the open without earplugs.

(f) The only difference between firing these weapons from enclosures and firing them in the open is the duration of the pressure fluctuation.

(g) Frame buildings, especially small ones, can suffer structural damage to the rear walls, windows and doors. Large rooms suffer slight damage, if any.

Recoilless weapons fired from within enclosures create some obscuration inside the room, but almost none from the gunner's position looking out. Inside the room, obscuration can be intense, but the room remains inhabitable.

The Dragon causes the most structural damage but only in frame buildings. There does no seem to be any threat of injury to the gunner... The most damage and debris is from flying plaster and pieces of wood trim."

Rebounding backblast doesn't seem to be such a big problem with these weapons. The Javelin just works rather like the RPG-7, which has a two stage motor (punting the rocket out of the tube, then igniting at 10m distance), and hence low requirements for backwards clearance.

Weapons like the LAW are worse, given that all the propellant goes off in the tube, but they weren't killing anyone in that test. I guess there just isn't enough heat to bounce back on you, and the real hazard is from getting sandblasted in the face.

I just fired off most AT launchers at that angle and nothing else harmed me.

Probably because those other launchers don't need to be aimed towards the sky. Perhaps the javelin needs to have its backblast treated like that of a MANPAD.

Yeah I think that would be a better representation. I've been injured by others when firing too close to structures but never killed.

I noticed (three times) that if I fire a Javelin from the front of a hill I get killed, is that by design or worthy of a ticket? Being a somewhat soft launch and capable of firing from indoors, I don't think it should be fatal.

Obviously there's not enough clearance when there's an upwards slope behind you:

slopebehindnono.jpg

https://rdl.train.army.mil/soldierPortal/atia/adlsc/view/public/10880-1/fm/3-22.37/appa.htm

@ACE__________490

@ACEX_________334

@ACEX_RU______50

@ACEX_USNavy _53

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=49&id=591&Itemid=192#591

Note: UGAF is still working on running SU repo. YOMA will still be supported till all members decide to switch to SU.

Edited by G-Man-853

Even so, fatal backblast? There is a wall behind him, I'd find a hill with a 45 degree slope safer than a wall at 90 degrees. If there was any risk.

ETA I was just messing around with 1.11 RC2 and can't kill myself. :)

Edited by HyperU2

I thought javs was meant to be safe in a confined space hence the soft Launce (two stage Launce system).

Soft Launch is a marketing term. Every other guy fighting for the Taliban has a soft launch two stage rocket launcher on him.

I thought javs was meant to be safe in a confined space hence the soft Launce (two stage Launce system).

It is, that's why it pops out and then takes off. "Hard launches" are the AT4 type, though with the CS model I guess you can fire inside. I've only tried the actual AT4 and I wouldn't have wanted to shoot it indoors, same for the SMAW.

Yeah i know of the CS verity of the AT4 and that's what I thought about the JAV it having the two stage Launce system.

I dont tend to use launchers though as I all ways snipe so I normally just watch and inform plus take the odd long shot for the team

CS is different than two stage. One stage ejects the rocket and the second stage sends it on its way. CS just counters the backblast.

Bad decision to remove all the ammunition from the static AT/AA launchers. They are now useless to mission makers as they can only fire once it seems. Can I script it to add the magazines so the AI can reload? I'm guessing it needs a special classname?

Strangely enough though, the Stinger and SPG-9 still have their spare rockets.

EDIT: Fixed, used setvehicleammo 1.

Edited by Hellfire257

Hello people ... I have a very big problem.

AI US soldiers don't use AT launchers at all. even in editor. I use them with no problem.

the russians and other factions use them dangerously.

But not the US AT soldiers.

please help

What's an AT soldier? Javelin? M136? What makes you think that this is ACE's problem?

Edited by maturin

all AT soldiers ... and I think it's ACE because ... it's the only addons I have.

besides "Bttlcore FX" for explosions and such.

I think what he means is, do you have the same problem without running ACE. The AI have always been skittish with regard to using AT, so it might not be an ACE bug, but rather a bug with the game coding itself.

Hey could someone help me out here? I'm trying to find class names for some stuff. Basically I'm making a version of ACE domination with class specific weapons, but I need the class name for "used" AT weapons, like the AT4 otherwise when you shoot weapon and it turns into the used version you get a message saying "You are not trained to use this weapon" and it's replaced with an unused AT4, giving you infinite ammo.

So yeah basically I need class names for those place holder weapons that get dropped on the ground.

Go ahead and grab them; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists

or unpack ace_sys_disposal.pbo

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Bad decision to remove all the ammunition from the static AT/AA launchers. They are now useless to mission makers as they can only fire once it seems. Can I script it to add the magazines so the AI can reload? I'm guessing it needs a special classname?

Strangely enough though, the Stinger and SPG-9 still have their spare rockets.

EDIT: Fixed, used setvehicleammo 1.

What changelog entry would this be referring at?

What specific weapon misses ammunition?

Hey guys, can you start a LAN ACE_Warfare with the newest version of ace ?

When i want start new party, nothing happend

About my AT guys problem

It is ACE coz without it AI shoots, buggy as he'll but still they shoot.

But with ACE the motherfukarz even say NEGATIVE now.

Maybe it's a hidden addon just for me to ruin my day.

Edited by Shinji

For ACE Development

I saw this asked before but somewhere I read recently that AI fastroping was enabled in ACE2 but I still cant seem to find any documentation. Im looking for a chopper to fly in and deploy ropes for the players to fastrope out on, then drop the ropes and fly away- any ideas? Hoping to catch an ace-dev with this question, thanks! :p