Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I have a question. Maybe this is a stupid question but i have to ask.

If i use ACE and play with units without any ACE config, does it have any side effect?

For example:

SJB SAS units have ACE config

AAW units dont

What is the difference when i put this units in editor without any fancy scripting ?

Thanks

Is there still a problem with the beta and ACE2 prone reload animations?(I think that's what it was.) Can we use the newest beta or is the issue still present? I couldn't find it at DH.

I have a question. Maybe this is a stupid question but i have to ask.

If i use ACE and play with units without any ACE config, does it have any side effect?

For example:

SJB SAS units have ACE config

AAW units dont

What is the difference when i put this units in editor without any fancy scripting ?

Thanks

Well the actual units get no side effects, but playing with both AAW and ACE stops the ACE grenades from working, so you are limited to Frags and smokes, no flashbangs, incendiaries, or Phosphorus grenades.

I know this is a constant question for help but I can't seem to get the self interaction menu with earplugs, balaclavas, gasmasks and glasses to work. My clientside config has my name on it correct but it still does nothing. I'm wondering if I'm following the example wrong.

I can't really use the tutorials on the devheaven site as they were made for ACE2 when it was beginning and the new name system for the config is different.

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//#define ACE_IDENTITY John Doe

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

#define ACE_IDENTITY Warden89

Thats what I have I'm wondering if I have it wrong. I also only have @CBA on to work with Combined Operations.

I can't seem to get the self interaction menu with earplugs, balaclavas, gasmasks and glasses to work.

Have you tried the ACE clippi?

Yes sir, everything is updated and set. Just for some reason something in the clientside config and ACE isn't connecting correctly.

Yes sir, everything is updated and set. Just for some reason something in the clientside config and ACE isn't connecting correctly.
Go into ACE Clippi, change manual op[tions, and double check there is selected the correct player, press Save.

Make sure clippi runs as admin, and that your VirtualStore (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) does not contain any arma related files.

Then start arma.

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/195/things-examine-explosives-cargo-other-interaction-actions#a196

If still issues, create a support ticket with your rpt file, details, repro mission+steps; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Is there still a problem with the beta and ACE2 prone reload animations?(I think that's what it was.) Can we use the newest beta or is the issue still present? I couldn't find it at DH.

Is solved in the latest beta :)

Well the actual units get no side effects, but playing with both AAW and ACE stops the ACE grenades from working, so you are limited to Frags and smokes, no flashbangs, incendiaries, or Phosphorus grenades.

@Militantsausage

Thanks for the answer.

Go into ACE Clippi, change manual op[tions, and double check there is selected the correct player, press Save.

Make sure clippi runs as admin, and that your VirtualStore (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) does not contain any arma related files.

Then start arma.

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/195/things-examine-explosives-cargo-other-interaction-actions#a196

If still issues, create a support ticket with your rpt file, details, repro mission+steps; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Is solved in the latest beta :)

Whats clippi?

Does there happen to be an ACE compatible version of the COOP 08 Armory missions, or perhaps a better one? Seems that when running ACE, loading the missions gets stuck at the "Waiting for ARMEX to open its gates."

It was a great little MP COOP mission for my buddy and I, for testing out the different weapons and stuff, as well as the option for the randomized mini-missions, and general screwing around. Now that we've discovered ACE, we've fallen in love and don't want to go back to not using it.

I'm pretty new at mission editing and scripting, so even if there was some pre-made modules I could throw together that could work as well.

Guys ive tried all that clippi stuff, i have thr ight profile selected by how do you get gas masks! I can get the interactions menu up but not self interactions... :S

EDIT **i think im more wanting to know where to actually find the gasmasks, i can gen menus up now....but where are the gasmasks ive tryed ALL crates in the editor...>:S

Edited by george86

Yeah theres something odd, I reinstalled all of ArmA, OA, PMC, BAF and I'm still not getting the self interaction stuff for the earplugs and gas masks. I tried this by always putting myself on the map as a automatic rifleman so I start with ear plugs and it didn't work. Its winding down into thinking its combined operations.

You could try putting this into your unit's init:

this addWeapon "ACE_GlassesGasMask_US" or this addWeapon "ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU"

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Yeah theres something odd, I reinstalled all of ArmA, OA, PMC, BAF and I'm still not getting the self interaction stuff for the earplugs and gas masks. I tried this by always putting myself on the map as a automatic rifleman so I start with ear plugs and it didn't work. Its winding down into thinking its combined operations.

Did you make sure that your OA path and Userconfig path in the Clippi is correct?

Is there a new update server for Yoma Tools?

The Kelly-Heroes Server is down since weeks.

Is there a new update server for Yoma Tools?

The Kelly-Heroes Server is down since weeks.

A good few groups, mine included, have phased out Yomas... prob best if you switched to the new SixUpdater. :)

I´ll give it a try.

€

Downloaded and installed.. Preset was automatically set to OA - ACE.

Nice :D!

Edited by WaffelO

Having troubles loading the mission after an update

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. acex_sm_c_sound_wep_mg"

Error has been reproduced at the other, completely separate, machine as well.

Before update - fine. After update - the above mentioned troubles.

--

added:

also, if the LandRover_CZ_special is present on the map, the following error appears

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1/Turrets/AnimationSources.minElev'."

the error has been reproduced on a separate setup as well

Edited by 1nsider

Does anyone know what ACE_SM .pbo contains the sounds for the SPG-9, or the Metis, Konkurs ATGMs?

Having troubles loading the mission after an update

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. acex_sm_c_sound_wep_mg"

Error has been reproduced at the other, completely separate, machine as well.

Before update - fine. After update - the above mentioned troubles.

--

added:

also, if the LandRover_CZ_special is present on the map, the following error appears

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1/Turrets/AnimationSources.minElev'."

the error has been reproduced on a separate setup as well

Please report with rpt and repro mission @ http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Does anyone know what ACE_SM .pbo contains the sounds for the SPG-9, or the Metis, Konkurs ATGMs?

Possibly acex_sm_s_wep_veh

The SPG and Metis aren't vehicle weapons, though. Is there someplace where most statics go?

Is it possible to wait or prioritize full ACE and CBA load before mission init (before it reads init fields of units)?

The problem is that I'm using CBA/ACE functions and mission can start way ahead they are initialized and it causes a lot of troubles :(

Actually I don't think it is possible, but maybe I'm wrong...

Is it possible to wait or prioritize full ACE and CBA load before mission init (before it reads init fields of units)?

The problem is that I'm using CBA/ACE functions and mission can start way ahead they are initialized and it causes a lot of troubles :(

CBA and ACE functions are in place before inits run (at least stuff that is initialized in preinit).

Init order looks like this:

[46339,231.941,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[46339,231.961,0,"MISSINIT","init test mission","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[46339,242.89,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[46339,242.905,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]

[46339,242.918,0,"editor object init line"]

[46360,243.214,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[46360,243.277,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,5,158],-1],[[1,11,0,489],-1],[[1,11,0,333],-1],[[1,11,0,49],-1],[[1,11,0,51],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[46360,243.85,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

(First number is the frame, second one diag_tickTime, third time)

For post init functions (etc) you can use spawn in the object init line or make use of XEH in description.ext (you can use all extended eventhandlers in description.ext too like you can do in addons).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno