Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

EDIT: Figured it out :)

Amazing work guys, greatest mod since OFP!

Edited by shaBAM!

Is there a way I can edit the missions in the ace_missions.pbo and aceX_missions.pbo? I can't figure out how to extract them, and there's only like 6 missions in the compressed store file.

Is there a way I can edit the missions in the ace_missions.pbo and aceX_missions.pbo? I can't figure out how to extract them, and there's only like 6 missions in the compressed store file.

Extract the pbo's, edit the missions, repack the mission you changed seperately to a mission pbo and use it like any other mission.

Which extraction tool should I use? I've tried PboView and cPbo, and both throw errors.

PboView: "It seems that it isn't ArmA pbo", and cPbo: "Extract of one or more files failed".

Use Eliteness to Unpbo, and PboView to pbo them again

you could make a module for the effects of G because frankly they are very painful, it triggered what even to 1G, so if you make a module that we can have the choice to activate or not

Holy crap, 70 files to sift through? lol. Worked like a charm after I figured out which one to download. :P

Thanks. :)

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

you could make a module for the effects of G because frankly they are very painful, it triggered what even to 1G, so if you make a module that we can have the choice to activate or not

Btw, while I'm here, I'd like to second this request, even though the author should post it in the tracker at devheaven.

To rephrase the author's terrible english: The G effects, while mostly realistic, are often counter-intuitive to the missions we're trying to create. (Yes, even while using a pilot slot) Having a module or trigger to prevent the effects would be much appreciated.

Edited by TheCapulet

G-forces overrides; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/G_Forces+notes

Other than that; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

If the behaviour seems bugged, create a bug ticket with rpt, repro mission + steps.

Otherwise a feature request ticket.

Lastly, beyond official API's, you can write your own addon to change or remove behaviour of any ACE component, in that case you're on your own though.

How come we can't use Yoma to get ACE anymore?

All I want is the ACEX_SM really and to keep my CBA updated.

How come we can't use Yoma to get ACE anymore?

All I want is the ACEX_SM really and to keep my CBA updated.

how come you have that tone?

which yoma repository are you trying to use?

I think he meant Kelly's Heroes ACE repository.

I liked Yoma much more too. But well.. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was using Yoma to update using Kelly's Heroes Repository.

I'd swap to Six Updater as soon as I44 gets swapped there too.

Hi boys,

The question I have, is concerning the backpacks, added by the ACE mod. I am wondering why I can equip them on my (for instance) SpetsNaz soldier, via say, a crate, but I cannot use it for anything other than looking pretty. The open bag option in the GEAR menu is simply missing... I have scoured the net for the better half of the evening, but to no avail. Am I missing something? Regards!

ACE uses a different system than the BIS one. Just click the item you want to pack and click the "pack" button, and it will appear at the bottom left side of the screen. To unpack click the item at the bottom left side of the screen and then click the "unpack" button.

Hi, I have tried a quick search but havn't come up with anything( searching whilst at work so bare that in mind). I have seen it mentioned in other older ACE version threads but as far as I know no answers, I have ACE vers9 stable installed and even as far back as version7 stable I'm unable to actually set US man character as player in the editor.

Let me explain, what I'm trying to convey is that they are there in the drop down and can place them on the map but as soon as I try to set is as player it gives me the usual list of playable factions but none being AE US.

I hope the explaination at least makes sense and apologies in adavance if this has already been explained to death somewhere else.

Thanks a lot. I cant believe i didnt think of that. I love the mod. Its up there with the old FDF.

Hi, I have tried a quick search but havn't come up with anything( searching whilst at work so bare that in mind). I have seen it mentioned in other older ACE version threads but as far as I know no answers, I have ACE vers9 stable installed and even as far back as version7 stable I'm unable to actually set US man character as player in the editor.

Let me explain, what I'm trying to convey is that they are there in the drop down and can place them on the map but as soon as I try to set is as player it gives me the usual list of playable factions but none being AE US.

I hope the explaination at least makes sense and apologies in adavance if this has already been explained to death somewhere else.

Are you sure there's an AE US for units. I think they are just in the US Army faction.

AE US was removed, now the ACE team use the (ugly) BIS US Army units.

Are the random comments made in game a feature of ACE or mission specific. Our group played an ACE mission by Animalmother (can't recall name - sorry at work) and our characters would randomly make a comment. This got a little irritating after a while.

Can this be switched off or removed somehow. We all had novoices checked in our ace clippi.

Sorry if this has been asked and I've missed it, we've just moved over to ACE.

Apologies also if it's a mission issue.

Yeah, thanks man I presumed this was the case, as I mentioned to the omnipresent and ever helpful Manzilla earlier it's not presented much of an issue but the recent Binks SF brought it up again as the replacements pack brings up an error saying something along the lines of "replace binks sf requires ACE C Men" or some shite, it just got me to thinking that there might be a minor issue with my ACE installation due to using the "old" zip extraction straight to addon folder, none of this new fangled Yoma or repositries me no sir....

Are the random comments made in game a feature of ACE or mission specific. Our group played an ACE mission by Animalmother (can't recall name - sorry at work) and our characters would randomly make a comment. This got a little irritating after a while.

Can this be switched off or removed somehow. We all had novoices checked in our ace clippi.

Sorry if this has been asked and I've missed it, we've just moved over to ACE.

Apologies also if it's a mission issue.

Thats an ACE Module called IA Talk: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/AI_Talk