Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Depends on the server. I've never found myself ahead, but frequently behind.

Some stay up to date, some use stable, and some neither (aka use the latest beta version but don't update it immediately after it's released).

I've noticed I've had a problem with CBA and ACE.

It seems that whenever I start up a mission I get a message in the corner that says CBA cannot find the version info for Extended Event Handlers (@XEH), and that I need to update to 3.0.6. I've downloaded the most recent version of @CBA, and I've still been getting this. I've checked the .pbos, and the eventhandlers are there. There also isn't an addon for standalone @XEH...well, there is for ArmA, but not ArmA II. It's affected ACE - launchers have unlimited ammo, I can't rest weapons on anything, and I've noticed that even the pvp animation pack doesn't work.

I've searched this thread, as well as the forum, and have found nothing.

So, I ask...what do I do to fix this?

Is there a way to call the ACE enable ai talk module using a script like:

unit say ["ace_talk_module_sound1",5]

Is AI firing ATs at infantry a thing of the recent update?

Because they shouldn't do that as they quickly waste them on the first infantry squads they see making them completely defenceless against any vehicle they may encounter later.

Is AI firing ATs at infantry a thing of the recent update?

Because they shouldn't do that as they quickly waste them on the first infantry squads they see making them completely defenceless against any vehicle they may encounter later.

No, it's the same with Vanilla.

I need to get an single dimensional array of the ruck contents.

The normal function(ACE_fnc_RuckMagazinesList) returns a multidimensional array:

[["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",6],["SmokeShell",1],["HandGrenade_West",4]]

I found this function for ACE 1:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE_Features#Rucksack_System

To get a list of ruck mags:

_mags = _unit call ACE_Sys_Ruck_RuckMagazines

the list will be a standard plain array just like what 'magazines' command returns.

but it does not work in ACE2. Is there another function I can use to get a normal array of the ruck contents with out resorting to converting the multidimensional array with a complicated format string?

To test the ACE2 Wound system:

I created a little and simple mission, I put in editor, six soldiers (With Medic and Medic Cache) and the modules ACE2 'Wound System' , 'Only Medics can to use epi' on the map Zargabad). WITHOUT UPSMON.

Ace Version: 1.10 (no update 1)

Arma2 OA+DLCs: Steam version

Others mod/scripts: none

j2jdBdoHxwg

I played for 1 hour in single player, see the medic fail, He just crawls, not stand up, not cure.

Other video with the same/others problem (here UPSMON active):

CFj9P9SpcEo

Edited by D3lta

No, it's the same with Vanilla.

Hmm I just remember that before this update there was none of this probably because I'm also running Zeus which blocks AI from using ATs on the infantry - but since this update it probably gets overridden

huh? sick-boy I don't understand this why would I be running e-set av? im running bitdefender and I followed your link to that page but all I could find to do was open ports for n-sync etc etc and ive done that

Every time I start most of the mods return to either blue or yellow icons in 6 and I have to re-install or update them every time which takes hours, like this it,s completley pointless for me. and nothing can be enabled or disabled in game

what gives?? :-(

your telling me to ignore the runtime error but why would I be having this problem if your all sure that's not the problem then what is? I was asked to put the log into a ticket, could someone be kind enough to explain to me how I go about doing that

THX

Edited by oggmeista

I need to get an single dimensional array of the ruck contents.

The normal function(ACE_fnc_RuckMagazinesList) returns a multidimensional array:

[["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",6],["SmokeShell",1],["HandGrenade_West",4]]

I found this function for ACE 1:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE_Features#Rucksack_System

but it does not work in ACE2. Is there another function I can use to get a normal array of the ruck contents with out resorting to converting the multidimensional array with a complicated format string?

Use: ACE_sys_ruck_fnc_RuckMagazines and ACE_sys_ruck_fnc_RuckWeapons

Edited by Robalo_AS

huh? sick-boy
http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater#comment-199136316

At least upgrade your bitdefender to the latest available version if not the case already.

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

To test the ACE2 Wound system
Please create a ticket with your rpt files and other requested details: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting and we'll look into it. Edited by Sickboy

After applying this update I get a clientsideconfig out of date message?

I did not update it first time and assumed still used V11?

The update appears to be V11 as well ?

Run ACE Clippi (@ACE\clippi folder), it will update the userconfig for you.

Something i made for my guys at the COSA group. ;)

t_GhJNMeWkk

Nice :) btw I had somekind error when placing ACE US Weapon crate and it was something with Mk17 ELGM RCO - specter config bug

Use: ACE_fnc_RuckMagazines and ACE_fnc_RuckWeapons

Are these called just like (ACE_fnc_RuckMagazinesList)? I tried to use ACE_fnc_RuckMagazines but it does not seem to be returning anything.

Is it possible to revert from ACE explosion/fire/smoke effects to vanilla ones obviously without disabling ACE? (ACE effects also override stuff like WarFX)

Is it possible to revert from ACE explosion/fire/smoke effects to vanilla ones obviously without disabling ACE? (ACE effects also override stuff like WarFX)
Sure, you can do anything we do or anyone else does in ArmA, http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Modification

The question is which modules are mainly responsible for those effects so I won't go around ACE folders half blindly and if I f.e. remove them won't it break ACE and MP compatibility