Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Got a quick question about the EASA module. It is stated in the documentation "The Exchangeable Armament System for Aircraft (EASA) allows a player to change the weapons loadout of planes and optionally helicopters during a mission." I do not see a parameter listed to enable it's use on helicopters. What would I have to enter into the init field to get helicopter support?

ACE2 is for 'ArmaII' and 'Operation Arrowhead' as 'Combined Operations' Anndos and as the polite forum moderator pointed out read the first post mate.

That can even confuse him more. :)

First post makes it pretty obvious, but there you go:

All ACE 1.10 components require OA.

These 2 optional components require CO (Arma2 + OA): ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy.

Is the USMC marksman ever going to get the M39? That 5.56 thing is a peashooter.

Is the USMC marksman ever going to get the M39? That 5.56 thing is a peashooter.

No point, M39 was just a placeholder weapon for the USMC. They're moving to the M110.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429144

http://kitup.military.com/2011/02/marines-buying-army-rifle-new-pistol-for-marsoc-and-more-iars.html

How do I work the Six Updater tool? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how it works.

Sorry, I bought ArmA 2 CO off of Steam but I don't know how to use the updater. I have ACE, CBA and JSRS mods.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I got it. :P

Edited by godly-cheese
Works now...

Oh. We already have an M110. If the USMC is going to use them, why not stick them into the next little patch.

Well, for the desert Marines, at least. I suppose a new camo pattern is needed.

Any ideas about my Tank FCS problem, anyone?

Maybe this is a stupid Question.

Why the Navy in the "ACE-Mod" don´t have Ships ?

There are already Aircraft Carrier Frigates and Destroyers as Add-Ons.

Why is that? Is there is no permit? What is the Reason?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

No one will answer my Question?

No one will answer my Question?

There aren't because there aren't. Maybe the creators of those mods haven't given permission to add them to ACE. Maybe the ACE team doesn't want to expand into naval operations and hasn't asked them. Maybe those addons do not work well with existing content.

just a small question:

in the older version of ACE

I could gear any friendly AI no matter which team he is in

but later version changed to that you can only gear your teammates.

is it possible to re-enable this function by myself

@Lugiahua

How do you mean 'Gear any friendly AI no matter which team'. Are you talking in script as 'this addweapon "M16"' (Note example, not a real ArmA2 weapon name) or by ordering them in game during live action?

I wanna know why there are no desert Strykers anymore. It would appear every choice is woodland only unless I'm missing something big. Also how do you equip choppers using EASA?

@Lugiahua

How do you mean 'Gear any friendly AI no matter which team'. Are you talking in script as 'this addweapon "M16"' (Note example, not a real ArmA2 weapon name) or by ordering them in game during live action?

I mean when you get closer to AIs with ACE

you can use the windows key on your keyboard to exchange weapon with AI

(the same key that you used to treat wounded characters)

in the older version, you could exchange weapon with any friendly AIs, and later version of ACE limited to only AIs within your team. I want to know if it is possible to exchange weapons outside your team again.

I wanna know why there are no desert Strykers anymore. It would appear every choice is woodland only unless I'm missing something big.
Has always been like that in ACE for OA.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA+Operation_Arrowhead#Strykers

Try http://ace.armastack.info/ for your other questions, or create a support ticket.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

I mean when you get closer to AIs with ACE

you can use the windows key on your keyboard to exchange weapon with AI

(the same key that you used to treat wounded characters)

in the older version, you could exchange weapon with any friendly AIs, and later version of ACE limited to only AIs within your team. I want to know if it is possible to exchange weapons outside your team again.

Create a ticket, if it's a bug it will be fixed, if it's by design it will be rejected.

Edited by Sickboy

Thank you for this new version is by far the best, for cons I would like to know how the lift vehicles and the fast rope because I find no tutorial:confused::mad:

Thank you for this new version is by far the best, for cons I would like to know how the lift vehicles and the fast rope because I find no tutorial:confused::mad:

I can create a video tutorial tomorrow if you like.

I can create a video tutorial tomorrow if you like.

thx man:yay:

Hi,

I am getting some strange messages in my Arma2OA.rpt file when I try and load out a unit;

Cannot use magazine PipeBomb in muzzle ACE_HandGrenadeMuzzle_GER
Cannot use magazine ACE_Morphine in muzzle ACE_TeargasMuzzle

There are ten of each message. I am loading four playable units.

The code I am using to load the units is as follows (runs in the init line of each unit);

waitUntil {!isNull player};

private [
"_satchel", "_ACEEarplugs","_ACETacGoggles","_ACEEpi","_ACEMorph","_ACEMedkit","_ACEBandage", "_unit"];	

_unit = _this select 0;

_satchel = "PipeBomb";

removeallweapons _unit;

//RACE Stuff

{_unit addmagazine _satchel} foreach [1,2,3,4,5,6];	

// ACE Stuff		
_ACEEarplugs = "ACE_Earplugs";
_ACETacGoggles = "ACE_GlassesTactical";
_ACEEpi = "ACE_Epinephrine";
_ACEMorph = "ACE_Morphine";
_ACEMedkit = "ACE_Medkit";
_ACEBandage = "ACE_LargeBandage";	

_unit addweapon _ACEEarplugs;
_unit addweapon _ACEtacgoggles;
{_unit addmagazine _ACEepi} foreach [1,2];
{_unit addmagazine _ACEMorph} foreach [1,2];
{_unit addmagazine _ACEbandage} foreach [1,2];

_unit selectweapon primaryweapon _unit;

Everything actually loads OK, but I am concerned that there is something wrong which will haunt me later!

Any ideas?

Can you add the option to change "show player names" with mousewheel in the ace clientside config please? so I dont have to open the aceclippi and save ingame every update. Thanks

Can you add the option to change "show player names" with mousewheel in the ace clientside config please? so I dont have to open the aceclippi and save ingame every update. Thanks
Negative. There's also no need at all to throw away your settings.ace file at every (/any) update, plus you can also set it in that file, no need to move back to deprecated userconfig.hpp.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Hi,

I am getting some strange messages in my Arma2OA.rpt file when I try and load out a unit;

Cannot use magazine PipeBomb in muzzle ACE_HandGrenadeMuzzle_GER
Cannot use magazine ACE_Morphine in muzzle ACE_TeargasMuzzle

There are ten of each message. I am loading four playable units.

The code I am using to load the units is as follows (runs in the init line of each unit);

You're getting that in Single player / editor, or in multiplayer on server?

Btw, this does the same:

for "_i" from 1 to 6 do {_unit addmagazine _satchel};

as

without doing the whole count from 1 to 6 manually ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Thank you for the lovely menu system, works a charm on all my addons, no more actions!

Thanks for the support at armastack as well, Swedish army mod gets better everyday thanks to ACE and all the enhanced functions.

Btw, this does the same:

as

So that is a faster/more optimised way of doing it?

Negative. There's also no need at all to throw away your settings.ace file at every (/any) update, plus you can also set it in that file, no need to move back to deprecated userconfig.hpp.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

You're getting that in Single player / editor, or in multiplayer on server?

Btw, this does the same:

as

without doing the whole count from 1 to 6 manually ;)

I am getting it in a hosted session and a dedicated session. Although in the dedicated rpt file, there are a lot more messages.

I am running OA Combined Ops with just the ACE mods (and required CBA) and Fallujah - nothing else.

nb. Thanks for the tip - I started off with just 2 satchels and then got greedy!

So that is a faster/more optimised way of doing it?
For the scripting engine it won't matter much, but for our sanity I think the for "_i" method is more clear and without needlessly creating and maintaing an array of numbers :)
I am getting it in a hosted session and a dedicated session. Although in the dedicated rpt file, there are a lot more messages.

I am running OA Combined Ops with just the ACE mods (and required CBA) and Fallujah - nothing else.

Were you the only person on the server, and is the server running 100% matching addons?