Sign in to follow this  
Jacky60

How to load ammunition into vehicle.

In multiplayer if I want to load a hummer or pickup truck with ammunition for a Javelin launcher or other hand held weapons how do I do it?

Do I buy an ammo crate or what. I can't see where or how to do this but know it can be done because I travelled with a teammate in his pickup and we had loads of spare ammo to use against nme tanks etc.

please help

2 ways to do it.

1. you can either go to the ammo box for the ammo you need, and take 1 missile at a time, and the go to the vehicle you want to load and then add the missile.

2. use Art logistics script where you can load ammo crates into vehicles as well as many other things

Script:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9285

this is the easiest way, put in the init line of the hummer/car

this addMagazineCargo ["Javelin",1];

1 is how many will be added to the "gear" of the vehicle, change it to whatever you like

if you are going to add a weapon

this addWeaponCargo ["WEAPON CLASSNAME", NUMBER

All the classnames for everything arma 2 and oa

Edited by ArmAriffic

I always thought it was easy to just go from gear to gear without codes and commands, its all ingame from there, nothing to figure out,

of course your at the limits of what the vehicle can carry to an extent.

Hi I apologise if I wasn't clear-I mean in game I am NOT trying to edit the game-write code or scripts I simply want to transfer ammunition to a vehicle in game. I know its possbile but as it was done by a colleague in multiplayer I know its possible.

The other player did it with a pickup truck. We drove to a hilltop and engaged armour with AT missiles and got extra ammo from the vehicle.

Just get close to it and hit "G" (for gear), pick the weapon you wish to put in and click "Drop".

Yes, as we said go to a ammo box, grab the stuff you need, then go to the truck or vehicle, and open the gear on it,

then pick the missile or ammo you want to transfer, and the drop it in there, keep doing that til u see ammo on the ground.

Thats the most basic way to do it ingame without scripts, codes, and commands and or even editing, all done with gear,

just scroll your action menu when you get to an ammo box and you get the word gear, same for when you walk to a truck or vehicle you wish to load.