Sign in to follow this  
WaffelO

Can´t play online..

so there are now ~40 Servers with >6 Players online.

11 Servers have Pings beyond 100ms => Unplayable.

20 Servers are "red/yellow" you I can´t join (I´ve the newest version 1.59).

So there is a rest of 9 "Green" servers with more than 6 players and a optimal Ping.

But 9 of them don´t accept ACE or other Addons. :confused:

Is there a way to avoid this barrier?

I don´t really want to play Arma 2 without a Soundmod let alone AcE 2!

Even If I disable the Addons and play vanilla Arma, there just would be a few

playable Servers.

I never really played online cause of trouble with Hard lag and the mysterious Red/yellow unjoinable Servers...

Need help!

Do yourself a favour. Find a Squad that suits you and your style of playing. You will have 1000x more fun then on public servers. There are lots of communitys out there who use ACE and other Mods.

Same problem. Empty servers and high pings

Hi all

For playing on public servers. The default view is incorrect as it shows low player number servers and includes all the personal servers people are running from their homes ;) so as a result you are not seeing the correct number of players! Or even the good servers!

Correct your server view by ordering on number of players!

Select number of players as ordering method until the server select screen orders by highest to lowest. That way you will find the better public servers at the top. In other words the public servers with 32 to 100 plus players on them.

You can get accurate player numbers on servers here:

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

As this page points out the largest ArmA2 servers run 100 plus player missions though the average for larger public server is around 48 to 32 players:

http://arma2.swec.se/game/list

Again select players as your ordering field you will see many missions being played with 100 plus players.

As you can see from the data and graphs numbers of player varies through the day and the week. For Europeans Wednesday and Thursday evenings are big as are Saturday and Sunday Afternoon and Evening.

DAO's Public vanilla Valhalla PvP server is good place to start

I recommend DAO's Public vanilla Valhalla server for beginners as pings for us here in Europe are between 15 and 50 and even US players get pings in the 100 range. DAO runs public servers in the 40 to 80 player range and occasionally if there is demand 100 player servers. Most evenings you will find 50 to 70 players there. Valhalla is a PvP form based on Capture and Hold (C&H) where two opposing teams attempt to capture and hold various geographic zones. Players get individual points for being in a capture zone when it is captured or for holding it as well as kill points these are given as money to buy weapons and vehicles with.

Join a community

For the better private servers you need to join a community that plays your preferred game type. Unlike other games ArmA is not limited to just plane DM CTF and Coop. Many of the private/hidden servers have very large memberships, for some of the bigger servers, membership and access is invite only :( sorry but it has been a long held method of keeping out the riff raff. These communities often run a public server as a recruiting tool and as a method of harvesting numpties IDs for ban lists but there are always communities that are recruiting just check the relevant forum section:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

A lot of the community plays on locked and or hidden servers

A lot of the community plays on locked private servers that do not show up in the browser or in statisitics. This has been a successful reaction to preventing numpties from ruining game play.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Yellow servers are not always unplayable. It may be yellow as the server is running the beta version of the game and those servers are mostly accesible by anyone with a standard version of the game.

arma2oa2011-04-2715-22anvt.jpg

This is how my Serverlist looks like.

Filter:

Ping < 100

Min. Players 3

You see 60% of them are not joinable.

The other 40 are just stupid Domia/warfare what ever bullshit Maps.

You can get accurate player numbers on servers here:

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Same in green.

Filter out the Servers who stand about more than 2000km away from me.

Empty servers and Servers who don´t accept Addons:

0 joinable Servers ;)

I just play infrequent so a Arma 2 Clan wouldn´t be a really good decision.

Either for me nor the clan.

If your running any mods try without them running, (including Ace).

And play vanilla Arma? nah. :D

Correct your server view by ordering on number of players!

Select number of players as ordering method until the server select screen orders by highest to lowest. That way you will find the better public servers at the top. In other words the public servers with 32 to 100 plus players on them.

oon and Evening.

I had the same problem like u got waffel but i also discovered what walker is pointing out. When i did this at first i only got 3-5 playable servers but after 10 secs or so 10-15 more servers appear that are playable. It also seems (at least for me) that the ping count in the server browser is not always accurate so testing by joining is a good thing.

I know..it takes a few minutes before all servers are shown.

Its understandable that you don't want to play with vanilla Arma. But you shouldn't have Problems finding Servers that run ACE, So may I ask what else you are using?

Its understandable that you don't want to play with vanilla Arma. But you shouldn't have Problems finding Servers that run ACE, So may I ask what else you are using?

545ntxk6x.png

If I´m joining a Server and get blocked, there is alway Ace with no signed .Key..

Yes AcE is up to date :).

you can't join because you got mods enabled.

Troll...?

Why would you say he is a troll?

Also, your first picture (server list) is too big by about 500kb.

My guess is mods too since my problem is generally having a hard time finding servers that aren't running ACE.

Remember that some servers only use the current ACE stable release.

76 players on United Operations server right now... Its a totally open community as well, meaning all you have to do is have the mod set they play with (which they have on Yoma) and you are good to go.

Communities are the best way to enjoy this game, and ones like TG and UO are very nice because they often have little requirements besides having the right mod pack, being on TS, and not being a dick. :)

If I´m joining a Server and get blocked, there is alway Ace with no signed .Key..

Yes AcE is up to date :).

Troll...?

Haha you're running my rTyphoon mod, Kudos to you sir.

You will be wishing into the wind with that modlist, unless you join a community as Nou suggests.

We allow all of those, bar MMA, and ASR (whatever that is), but many public servers will not.