Sign in to follow this  
the_antipop

Australian Armed Forces [AAF]

The Australian Armed Forces, often referred to as just “AAFâ€, is a co-op based squad formed late 2008 and progressed through the mature versions of ArmA 1. AAF is highly regarded among Australian and New Zealand Clans and has a reputation of being one of, if not, the most active clan among the AusArmA Community.

With the release of ArmA 2 the AAF then proceeded into the pandemonium and began playing co-op straight away, and has continued to do so since release.

We play most evenings and often have members on TS3 almost every day. We often have scheduled Mission Nights and Joint-Operations with other clans. We currently rent a Gameserver's ArmA 2 server, we also, in co-operation with AEF, own a dedicated MSO server. A third server, on behalf of one of our members runs whenever required.

extractfinalcrop-1.jpg

So you’re interested?

Awesome! To set the scene before we go onto how the AAF operates, here's some pre-dominant factors in becoming a member. You are mature when the games rolling, a bit of fun out of game is never shy, but you must put your serious face on when playing or you won't get far. Don’t get us wrong, we love a laugh, but we despise immaturity and generic “Pub Playâ€. You must also be highly teamwork oriented; cooperative and are Australian or within approx 5 hours of (GMT +10). There is no minimum dedication within the AAF, however a regular check of the forums to show your still with us is required at least weekly unless you apply for leave. The AAF has a relaxed attitude and we enjoy chilling out and talking smack in the forums or TS, but when we jump ingame, we always switch on, enjoy what ArmA 2 offers and have a good time.

Ok, so how do we operate?

The AAF is a squad that focuses on the realistic aspect of game play, whilst sometimes those two terms can be contradictory, we get the best balance possible. We spend at minimum a few hours per month training and completing exercises, making sure we are up to standard, and have our own written doctrine for new recruits to learn upon entry. Don’t let this deter you, it’s not pages of a PDF, rather some small and important information the AAF has written up over time to most effectively complete missions in the ArmA verse.

trainingaaf.jpg

What does our training consist of?

Our training is a very enjoyable and an excellent learning process. We don't expect our new recruits to sit through tedious hours of recruit training, so we break the training up into different elements to be taken over various nights. Some of the recruitment training modules that you will learn consist of;

Navigation

Cam and Concealment

Patrolling

Formations

Target Indications

Contact Drills

Fire and Movement

Basic Section Attack

Break Contact Drills

Obstacle Crossings

Ambushes

Great, where do I sign up?

To become an AAF member, you must first place your entry application through the Google document below and then register on these forums and PM Antipop informing him that you’ve applied and ready to go. An easy way to get in contact with the clan is via TeamSpeak (information below). Upon processing of your application, you will be contacted a senior member on our team speak channel on the AusArmA team speak server; after meeting and assessing your personality, you will begin the selection process, and from the information provided in your application you will be assigned to a unit, a relative position and begin the training. During your application, all are welcome to play with us during our games, however, if we have a scheduled mission night, we require members only to be a part of these.

If you complete the training without any serious problems, and we are happy with your performance, you will be slotted into your unit and will began playing where they may be deployed.

Upon completion of entry, at any time without posting for official leave you will have 4 weeks maximum inactivity, before you are deemed inactive and removed from the team; to re-deem yourself you will have to speak to the CO and be granted special permissions to re join; unless under specific circumstance.

Microphones are required for any communications, and mandatory; a moderate internet connection and good 3D performance is also recommended for solid game play.

We haven't set an age restriction, but if you are below 18, you will be judged on maturity and ability to become part of a team in the ArmA game world.

If you are interested in AAF, then please, fill out this Google form below and one of the senior members will contact you.

**AAF APPLY PAGE:** http://australianarmedforces.org/apply/

Don't forget to register on the forums and Private Message Antipop stating you’ve filled out the above document and what your Forum Account is.

If you have any problems during the recruitment process or have any queries, feel free to email me; matt.hurley91@gmail.com , contact me on skype (theantipop91), give me a yell on TS3 or PM me on the forums.

Some other points of call are; Monty (Skype: montybravo – Email: monfries@rocketmail.com) or Thor (Skype: nitsud2k4 – Email: dustfet@gmail.com)

AAF uses it's own internal mod whilst gaming, however, we also use the latest versions of ACE, ACEX & ACRE.

aafstuff.jpg

The AAF Use use Teamspeak 3 and Skype to co-ordinate games most of the time, download these below.

http://www.teamspeak.com

http://www.skype.com

Our teamspeak is; ts.ausarma.org (The AAF Channels)

For more Information please visit AAF's Website: http://www.australianarmedforces.org or

Forums; http://australianarmedforces.org/forums/index.php

AAF Forums Recruitment Topic: http://australianarmedforces.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39

AAF SERVERS:

Dedicated AAF ArmA 2 CO Server: 216.244.93.42:2302 :: Filter 'AAF' ingame.

b_560_95_1.png

Dedicated AAF & AEF MSO/Joint-Op CO Server: 202.62.137.198:2302 :: Filter 'AAF' ingame.

b_560_95_1.png

AusArmA TS3: 202.62.137.195:9987 :: AAF Channel

916649.png

Edited by the_antipop
updated

AAF and AEF have recently gone into co-operation together to purchase a new gaming server purely for Multi-Session-Operation gaming. Wolffy (creator of the MSO) and myself purchased a new dedicated server that will only run one MSO ArmA server on it. Being such a popular game mode, Wolffy and myself wanted to create a server that can be used by both AAF & AEF, but also by the public to enjoy constant MSO gaming :)

The server is currently being setup. However, I just wanted to let people know that it will be a public server and that everyone is more than welcome to come. Once up, I'll post details here.

AAF is still recruiting and we recently fixed a bug on our forums which prevented new registrations, if you are still interested, please visit this topic.

Edited by the_antipop

AAF now has another server up, it is run in conjunction with AEF.

It is a purely Joint Operation and MSO Server.

IP: 202.62.137.198:2302 or Filter 'AAF/AEF' ingame.

AAF has since roughly April to June 2011 stopped using Hypernia and have switched to Gameservers, aswell as many updates to our recruitment and training processes. We are now finishing our old system of teaching in a few sessions and are switching to modules, as we will teach several topics over an extended period of time.

Module 1: The basic rifleman

Module 2: Communications

Module 3: Field Craft

Module 4: Navigation

Module 5: Weapons Handling and Proficiency

Module 6: Buddy Team Tactics

Module 7: Battle Drills and basic CQB

Module 8: Final Exam

We have been using standard mods such as ACE (with RU and USNavy) and ACRE, aswell as our own small compilation mod and a few extra maps. If you have any trouble with installing ACRE the Guys at AAF will help you install it.

Our main mission type recently has been LRM's (Long Range Missions), invented by rommel, it is actually the original idea for the MSO, but, unlike Wolffy's MSO, it is a linear mission that runs over 2-5 days, with the Nomad script used for joining with the same gear and on the same spot as when you disconnected, aswell as many other modules (AAR's, JIP markers, Tents, sometimes even my own Twat script). These missions feel like a large campaign, and usually bring out the best in our gaming, as well as offering some of if not the best gaming experiences so far within Arma 2.

We are looking for new members to AAF, a member is expected to:

- Have a mature attitude

- Fit in with the group

- Have Combined Operations (Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead)

- Have ACE OA and ACRE installed

- Have Teamspeak 3

- Be an independent level headed thinker

Members from anywhere around the world who speak english and have under 300 ping on our server are accepted, although preferably we are looking for Australians, but anyone is just as welcome. We also expect at least decent activity, if you feel you wouldn't be able to play at least 4 times a month, then joining may be a bad idea.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AustArmedForces

Forums: http://australianarmedforces.org/forums/index.php

Website: http://australianarmedforces.org (Down at the moment, will be up soon)

Teamspeak address: ts.ausarma.org

Once you meet us on Teamspeak, and have played a bit of arma with us, we will send you the link to our recruitment document.

Cheers, Militant. ;)

AAF has been refreshed!

Due to numerous members being away, AAF had a period of low playing time. However, we are now back and more active than ever!

We have a new website up; http://australianarmedforces.org and subsequent new forums.

I have updated the original post with more information in regards to AAF and what to do if you would like to Apply.

AAF recently went over 40 members on the books, and almost every night we are having games of 12+ players. :)

If anyone would like anymore information, you can email me; matt.hurley91@gmail.com - hit me up on Skype; theantipop91 or PM me on here.