GalComT

German Armed Forces WIP Thread

Pics are looking great. You've been doing a great work so far. Good to see that some guys fill the gap for german units after the bwmod ended their work. The list is just awesome. Definately the untis which are needed. Keep your motivation as high as at the moment and you'll be a great enrichment to the Arma 2 Community.

Gepard, Luchs, Fennek, Wolf SSA, Serval, variants of Fuchs..... oh yeah:yay:

Will all vehicles have desert and flecktarn camo?

Yeah Lee those were the good old days, and thats pretty much exactly what we want to aim towards again. And this time you can be sure ill also release the Luchs which i never got to finish during my OFP bwmod times :P and yeah Small packs are also easier to maintain and less pressure in terms of releasing them.

@Lastuslustus

the vehicles will come in multiple different camo versions, 3 color nato, desert, winter and last but not least in UN

Well what about releasing first the reconnaissance pack (FSLK200?) so they can sneak in and be the eye of the Army (German Armed Forces) in A2OA? :)

So the Gepard is ready :) ???? any in game video to see him :) ???

Oh yeah supporting NoRailgunner with that Recon pack release hehehehehe :)

"And yeah gepard is on the list :P was pretty much a must have hehe, just to get all those annoying hinds out of the air :P"

Oh yessssss GalCom, time to get the real AA Gear in this game :)

Aren't there already a few of these vehicles already, namely the c-160 and i think some of the 5tonne trucks?

Edited by Evil_Brownie

There is no real C-160, there is just a OFP port from a french team. JgBtl 533 made a compilation that uses this model with German Airforce textures. But that is totally outdated. Anyway, a brand-new Trans(Kn-)all is in the making.

Oookidoki : D

I actually use the BWmod + amt dingo and wolf + part of the BW compilation (basically only the bit that brings the air vehicles). The c160 present in that ain't too bad, but a new one is always welcome, the more the merier.

Case in point: with my mods i have about 10 different basic paintschemes for the a10, plus the small variations.

Can't wait for these though, i really like unimogs : P

it will be used alongside BWmod and AMT, the reason for some vehicles beeing on the list which are allready out there in some form or another is, that

1. We want different versions of these vehicles namely Fuchs and wolf

2. We want to have a basic variety of vehicles in our mod so that it is also usefull on its own without bwmod and amt

3. A lot of the vehicles representing german army vehicles (not including BWmod or AMT) are either OFP conversions or are reskined vehicles of other nations vehicles of that kind. Which in my opinion is a good solution as long as there is nothing else, but one shoulndt be satisfied with that if one has the ability to make the real thing.

But eventho we plan on making certain vehicles which are allready in the BWmod such as the 5t we wont be making the exact same versions, for example we are not making a repairtruck 5t nor a ammotruck 5t and our refueltruck doesnt have the actual fuelthingy on it as the bwmod one, but it will be a version with jerrycans on pallets which will have other nice functions too :P

It's simple:

• GAF will be for ArmA2: Combined Operations only
  • GAF will require CBA and BWMod
  • GAF will be compitable to ACE2
  • GAF will have units that are already released, e.g. AMTs Wolf and BWcomps C-160

Release: When it's done! (I like that sentence! :p)

€dit: GalComT, sometimes you just annoy me! :p

lol nice timing Jester :P

How about some infantry that's able to use the OA features? Maybe Fallschirmjäger?

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)

thanks for the added info :thumbsup:

Any chance the bridge layer will actually work? i do realise it involves quite a lot of animations and somehow "scripting" the actual bridge laying process, making it fixed where you left it and then picking it up again.

And on another note, this is clearly insanity to even suggest, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Amphibious_Rig

Any chance the bridge layer will actually work?

BWMOD had a working Biber for OFP !!

I had the chance to test it my self, very cool thing.

MfG Lee

Nice Info Brownie :)

Well, i know wiki isn't what would one call reliable...:D

There's also this pretty good video of it in action, although i get the sense that they're carrying more of those ramps than the vehicle carries (3, by the look of things, but clearly making those bridges and ferries is taking more of them per vehicle, unless they're transporting them elsewhere :rolleyes:, particularly, at 2:23 with that howitzer being ferried)

Edited by Evil_Brownie
forgot sth

yeah i remember the functional biber for ofp got to test it as well, was a realy nice tech demonstrator.

As for the M3, seriously i have been thinking about it, and it would definetly be a cool appearance in A2, but i think just like the bridgelayer its actualy usefullness in a2 is doubtfull, we will see how the bieber goes along and if during the testing we find it to be more then usefull i might consider adding the m3 to the list as well :P

Edited by GalComT

@GalComT Is the gepard ready...? any pictures...?

Until now, neither the model nor the textures are done,

so you will have to wait a bit longer ;)

wrong :P model is done textures arent

I had this same discussion over on another arma forums about "usefullness" of some addons.

Sure bridgelaying / amphibious bridging may be a bit overlooked in some maps, you hardly have any good rivers or ridges to use said bridges. The only one i can think of is proving grounds with those dried up river beds where i'm sure you could use it, despite being a bit weak :/

But if you think about it, from vanilla arma 2 to oa, BIS completely gave up on naval warfare, they gave us a desert : P , and still we have some good naval stuff already (a few frigates,subs,etc) and some others that're coming along.

yes that true, arma2 offeres a lot to expand on. There is a few usermade island which allready feature a lot of nice rivers or possibilities at least to use a bridgelayer, such as duala, lingor, or tirsk, which is also the reason why we are making one. Well we will see about the M3, its definetly a nice toy

yes that true, arma2 offeres a lot to expand on. There is a few usermade island which allready feature a lot of nice rivers or possibilities at least to use a bridgelayer, such as duala, lingor, or tirsk, which is also the reason why we are making one. Well we will see about the M3, its definetly a nice toy

ive tried making the M3 before, i tested out how well it could function in water and how well it can move in water

i am sorry to report that unless you line up on shore that it is very hard to set up a number of vehicles

try turn an LAV-25 in water, it just slows down and stops

however, if you can come up with something that could work or that i couldnt think of, i would love to see it

dunno if its possible havent tried it out, but wouldnt it be possible with a setdir script to slowly move the direction of the M3 into the direction it should be,..another alternative might be to i dunno swap the entire vehicle once the sides are beeing folded, on land its a normal car, once sindes folded out the vehicles gets replaced by one that is a ship, thats sort of similiar to how we are approaching the rear driver issue on the Luchs.

dunno if its possible havent tried it out, but wouldnt it be possible with a setdir script to slowly move the direction of the M3 into the direction it should be,..another alternative might be to i dunno swap the entire vehicle once the sides are beeing folded, on land its a normal car, once sindes folded out the vehicles gets replaced by one that is a ship, thats sort of similiar to how we are approaching the rear driver issue on the Luchs.

well i was never the scripty person so i never thought of that

but i hope it works! :)

Edited by Slatts