GalComT

German Armed Forces WIP Thread

@GalComT,

Though there are only 3 types of vehicles, I would say they are really high quality, nice work, man. Expecting your formal version of GAF.

Thx Mike.

Mapped the key but I don't have any menu to choose when I press it.

Vehicles have GAF Interaction points at:

- The left door

- The right door

- The front and the back

What shall happen at the given points? Open doors or something?

You should be able to open doors, climb on top of vehicles, add or remove signs, panels and covers and things like that

Ok, the Button on the Mouse Wheel didn't worked for any reason. Mapped a different button and it works like a charm. :)

Very nice features!

Edit: I remember when we drove in convoy during my service at the German Forces we had green and/or blue Flags on the car. Did you thought about implementing this feature?

Edit2: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verband_(Stra%C3%9Fenverkehr)

Edited by TorstenB

yes i have thought about it, but decided against it

GalComT,

Excellent Mod!

I've read the 'readme' file, as well as 'credits&license' and I've a doubt. For comments on bugs..etc; to whom can we write?

Regards.

Edited by lucki

you can write streight to me via pm here or in forum

Work on the mod hasnt stoped, and i am working on enlarging the Mercedes GD fleet, which will introduce the Wolf SSA (a armored MB G270CDI) in a large number of Versions (such as IED Jammer and Feldjäger (MP)), as well as the "Greenliner" (a unarmored MB G280CDI) and last but not least the unarmored G290CDI as Luna carrier Vehicle and Airborne Medical Vehicle.

BF Goodrich All Terrain Wheels with default MB rims

urhbeu8bx28a.jpg

BF Goodrich All Terrain Wheels with Hutchinson rims

amgjkp8vtrb.png

And here 4 pictures of the Wolf SSA with Jammer rack on the roof

http://www.pic-upload.de/gal-155299/2z35xz/1.html

And another 7 showing some of the initial Texture work

http://www.pic-upload.de/gal-156242/4w7se/1.html

Edited by GalComT

Nice :-)

Are you maybe planning to do the normal German soldiers in koppel system 95 and SpliSchutz(not this square IDZ antennas and microphones every where thing)?

Add a 120 MM mortar and a MTW?

A AG36 maybe?This things unfortunately never made it in to BW mod :-( .

M113 is in the making, currently planed in 4 versions: medic, 120mm motar, 120mm Command, regular MTW. in addition to that 2 vehicles based on the m113 such as the Scorpion minethrower and Lance tactical missile launcher (counterpart to the opfor scud). So far priorities on weapons and Soldiers are set on low, but yes AG36 is pretty much done, and we are planing on the Koppel system for the soldiers.

M113 is in the making, currently planed in 4 versions: medic, 120mm motar, 120mm Command, regular MTW. in addition to that 2 vehicles based on the m113 such as the Scorpion minethrower and Lance tactical missile launcher (counterpart to the opfor scud). So far priorities on weapons and Soldiers are set on low, but yes AG36 is pretty much done, and we are planing on the Koppel system for the soldiers.

why Lance ? why not ATACMS or SLCM ? :) or Pershing-2 MRBM ? :)

about m113-based stuff - don't forget TOW-launcher and Rapier ATGM/AA vehicles :-)

why Lance ? why not ATACMS or SLCM ? :) or Pershing-2 MRBM ? :)

about m113-based stuff - don't forget TOW-launcher and Rapier ATGM/AA vehicles :-)

M113 TOW, Rapier ATGM and AA vehicles arent used by the german army and havent been used so no they wont be made by us. And as said it was about m113 based vehicles, and the lance carrier vehicle that was used by the german army was the M667 which is based on the M113 (and lance is a suitable counterpart to the scud imo especialy on the maps (sizewise) available in arma).

When was the Gepard phased out? I luv the Gepard. Too bad the BW Mod team never released one for ArmA 2.

Saw this video that just puts a smile on my face.

Edited by GD Mast
Add video

Hi GalcomT

The pictures looks impressive.

Your demo was great and I'm sure, that your mod will be great.

good work.

@GD Mast

The BW Mod havent released a Gepard for Arma2 but the AMT Mod.

look here

When was the Gepard phased out? I luv the Gepard. Too bad the BW Mod team never released one for ArmA 2.

Saw this video that just puts a smile on my face.

Gepard was phased out only recently, it is pretty much next in the tube for the mod along with the rest of the Leopard 1 family tanks, such as the Biber, Leopard 1a4 and 1a5 and a completly overhauled Bergeleo

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Hi GalcomT

The pictures looks impressive.

Your demo was great and I'm sure, that your mod will be great.

good work.

look here

Thanks a lot, thats what we hope to achive with the full mod, and if work flow continues like it does now im sure it wont be that long until we can push more stuff out to the public

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

and ive got a small update on the biber, fiddled arround with the bridge Animation all day today and the results are pretty satisfying imo

That's great news GalComT, looking forward to your progress reports.

I checked out the AMT Gepard and it's pretty good. The sound is almost spot on.

And again the Leopard 1 family is growing and growing, this time something with teeth, the Leopard 1A4 MBT, on the pictures below you can see it with the attached deep water water fording kit. it will be carried in the vehicles cargo and after some preperation of the tank (turret, gun, hatches etc) you will be able to put it on and drive through relatively deep water without the tank drowning.

http://www.pic-upload.de/gal-193596/epzfor/1.html

Can you give us a short update on the status of the Luchs GalComT? Thanks!

Jens

Good looking Leopard 1! Do you have further plans for cold war era vehicles? For example early versions of the Fuchs, Luchs and Marder?

Anyway... keep up the great work!

Can you give us a short update on the status of the Luchs GalComT? Thanks!

Jens

Luchs is coming along nicely, it only needs its resolution lots finished, and some tweaks here and there (script wise)

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Good looking Leopard 1! Do you have further plans for cold war era vehicles? For example early versions of the Fuchs, Luchs and Marder?

Anyway... keep up the great work!

Yes there will be a rather large number of cold war era vehicles, some in olive and some in flecktarn, late 80s and early 90s were a very interesting time concerning the look and varianty of vehicles used in the german army