GalComT

German Armed Forces WIP Thread

this week the Luchs received some more love, apart from the turret its basicaly a completly new.

atpyy777pi6n.png

pfpvq8m7ws8l.png

more pictures on our website

The Luchs looks great. Last of the 8-rad recce cars, an interesting vehicle. Looking forward to having more gear to flesh out the Germans with in ArmA 2 - well done on all vehicles.

Saw on last page that you posted about Boxer,what about Eagle IV in the modern pack??

Edited by Krycek

Right now we are working on the backbones of the GAF in the late 80's. Who knows what might come later but right now, there are absolutely no plans to make a Eagle IV. Right now there is at least one in the making by Fail Cakes but he works on his own.

Nevertheless we got a huuuge amount of stuff that is totally classified and when the time is near you might be surprised, sooner or later. ;)

*Note to myself: Reduce usage of "right now" significantly

Jester is correct, I'm working on an Eagle IV in all it's guises (At least those in use with the German Bundeswehr atm). It won't be part of the GAF download and probably not even released on the same date as the initial GAF mod since I have my own schedule that I work on. But it would be kind of silly not to have both addons work together flawlessly, right?

That is absolutely correct. We, the GAF made plans, can't tell anything about it, all classified but if you are close to an alpha stage, hit me, maybe we should talk then. ;)

Its friday again, and we have a small update.

We want to present you the light support vehicles which will be included in the mod. (the pictures feature the ISAF version)

2t gl GSI (repairtruck)

s4adcdbva1y.png

10t gl Ammotruck

4rrdaeq12rq6.png

5t gl KanPal (Fueltruck)

ae2o1jo8k7nd.png

As usual there is some more pictures on our website.

Very nice trucks. Does the German Army have a dedicated refuel version. I would imagine refueling a Leopard II by Jerry Can would suck.

Yes there are plenty of dedicated refuel versions, but at least for now we will just have a jerry can version.

In first picture there is a VW Caravelle, right? ^^

i see you found it :P Yes its a small thingy we thought is very important, and its adds a lil something to the entire mod :P

We have no plans of including Military Police units at all as there is no plausible reason in gameplay to put them in the mod.

Sorry, i have been so engrossed in our mod i stopped viewing others work for a while, but we have not found any acceptable way to pivot the trailer on an axis and have it look as it should with proper turning radius etc....basically we are in line with your mod just on the US vehicle side of the House.. the HET,the wolverine tank bridge, AAVR7 and the M88 proper repair and logistics style vehicles and objects...i really don't think BIS expected any of us to get this deep into modding as they don't have any script it seems that will allow the trailers to function as individual objects attached to another, or atleast one we can figure out to allow the trailers to turn.

Edited by F2F_BHO

Sorry, i have been so engrossed in our mod i stopped viewing others work for a while, but we have not found any acceptable way to pivot the trailer on an axis and have it look as it should with proper turning radius etc....basically we are in line with your mod just on the US vehicle side of the House.. the HET,the wolverine tank bridge, AAVR7 and the M88 proper repair and logistics style vehicles and objects...i really don't think BIS expected any of us to get this deep into modding as they don't have any script it seems that will allow the trailers to function as individual objects attached to another, or atleast one we can figure out to allow the trailers to turn.

Apology accepted! :D

It looks like we have a solution to the trailer problem, or we are at least close to one (can't tell for sure, if I look at code I start feeling dizzy). Under certain circumstances I can think of making it accessible to third parties but only if it works perfectly in multiplayer. And if not, well, let's just wait for ArmA 3. ;)

I am not sure as we did not release anything but we have pretty high requirements when building addons and we would lower them if german, left-handed driven, vehicles would get a british reskin. Also, the lights are slightly different so this would not look realistic in the end.

So, right now, you get a NO from us.

I just got the info, it's a different vehilce. We have the KAT 1, the british army uses MAN HX. But if I am not wrong RKSL is working on HX MANs. But the NO is still persistant, sorry. ;)

Edited by Jester_Darrak

I just got the info, it's a different vehilce. We have the KAT 1, the british army uses MAN HX. But if I am not wrong RKSL is working on HX MANs. But the NO is still persistant, sorry. ;)

Indeed, the UK's 'MAN SV' fleet of SX and HX trucks differ greatly from the Bundeswehrs GL series of MAN trucks. Despite the visual resemblance that seems to throw people, there's 20-30 years difference in the designs.

AFAIK even the MAN SX 45, 15 tonne chassis that the UK and Germany do both use, still differ in terms of the cab armour and equipment fitted to the truck. The UK's SX 45 are Recovery vehicles (MAN RV) while Germany's MAN SX 45 MULTI 2s are a hook-lift (DROPS-type) logistics vehicle. The UK's MAN hook-lift trucks (MAN EPLS) use the HX 77 chassis instead.

Regardless; the trucks you guys are doing look mega. I'm really looking forward to all of the stuff you've shown.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Hello, what a wonderfull work . i' love trucks .

Where can i take the addons ?

SLt 56 and the others?

For making some funny missions ...

Could you help me to find the addons for arma 2?

thanks a lot...