Sign in to follow this  
Nec

Virtual Private Network

Hi to all.......I live in Ecuador South America, i like to play Capture and hold and Warfare missions, but sometimes i have ping restriction problems with european servers , they put ping restriction in 180 and mine is around 180 and 240 , so it kicks me continuosly out of the game. A friend told me that i can rent a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for example in Germany and maybe mi ping will get better. Is this true?

Using a VPN that way would actually make it worse. It would essentially route the data from your computer, through the VPN and then to the server. All it would do is make your traffic appear to come from a European IP address, which is unrelated to ping.

A VPN only adds an encrypted tunnel layer to your already long ping times. It would cause higher pings and more latency.

Thank you guys for the fast answers............and yes i can play with american servers but none of them plays with 70 people like XR DAO or Wasp Warfare Server for example.

I experienced success with Hamachi , a free VPN facility. It seemed to me that I experienced more stable connection through this than normal internet game connection, and it was indeed the only way we could get VBS2 to run MP at all. (Last tested over two years ago so this situation might have changed.)

So, it's free & secure, no reason not to give it a go :)