Sign in to follow this  
Chris1986

FV107 Scimitar CVR(T)

Although by no means an expert on the matter (probably better to ask da12th or someone) but I think that they are FV101 Scorpions in that picture rather than the FV107 Scimitar which Chris is making.

From Wikipedia:

Scorpion

The
was originally developed to meet a British Army requirement for the Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked). Scorpion was accepted by the British Army in May 1970, with a contract for 275 which later rose to 313 vehicles.
Main armament consisted of a low velocity 76mm main gun with a coaxial 7.62 mm GPMG and multi barrelled smoke grenade dischargers.
The first production vehicles were completed in 1972. The first British regiment to be equipped with the Scorpion were the
of the
in 1973.
In November 1981, the
took delivery of the first of 184 Scorpions and other variants of CVR(T). These were to be used for airfield defence and served at RAF bases in the United Kingdom, Germany and Cyprus.
All British Scorpions were withdrawn from service in 1995.

Scimitar

The
is very similar to the Scorpion but carries the 30mm
cannon for self-defence. Secondary armament consists of a coaxial GPMG and multi-barrelled smoke grenade dischargers. Stowage is provided for 160 rounds of 30 mm and 3,000 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition.
In 2006 the British Army had 328 in service.
which are expected to be replaced by the scout version of the

Apologies for posting this in this thread - but I have been asked by the creator of the PR Scimitar, to make public the following statement, after recent events - and hopefully to now put this to bed, I do intend to find out where they came from and how though - out of this forum / thread of course.

*******']Now I have a bit more time I'd just like to add that recently I successfully sued a member of turbosquid for using my renders on their website.

The models and artworks including logos etc are still my property and I give Project Reality the sole permission to use the content. But as I post links to models textures etc in these forums I need to know I can trust the other members of the team not to pass on private links or download my stuff without the personal need to.

It may be worth setting up proper contracts between content creators and Project Reality.

Finally' date=' I'm aware that the Arma 2 guys have to tweak my models that were originally created for PR bf2.

I've put many, many hours into this mod and I'm prepared to protect our assets at any cost. :evil: ???[/quote']

Well at least its cleared up matey :)