Sign in to follow this  
Chris1986

FV107 Scimitar CVR(T)

quick little show at a scimitar ive been working on . pics are WIP and its likely to change afair bit ( textures are not started really etc etc blah blah ) , but thought id show her off for all to see.

Any feedback would be great!

Edited by Chris1986

Always nice to see more armored uints. Looking good so far dude. Keep up the good work.

That's very nice, man. Good to see more Brit kit, best of luck on working on this.

Cheers lads! :D

Looking there Christopher:cool:

thanks mr claw heart.gif

Nice one there chris Boh, dont forget the gooners badge on the side! :D

Nice one there chris Boh, dont forget the gooners badge on the side! :D

Urgh why would you want to write "The Scum" on the side? :P

Urgh why would you want to write "The Scum" on the side? :P

He wont, but everyone in these forums knows Jeza has RL issues! :D

He wont, but everyone in these forums knows Jeza has RL issues! :D

hidden selections are wonderful things!

Looosers! :p Stay on topic! :o

Chris mate, you planning variations of skins for these?, oh and if possible can these things please do better than the defult bradley up an elavation please, would be nice!

Nice work Nouvelle!

yes mate , will be doing , Black & Green and a Desert one ....

And just for you Jeza for the next Pride

buldozer201104201843439.th.png

Nice work, Chris.

Looking forward to more WIP shots as you develop her.:)

I not familiar with this variant, anyone know what the rear spoiler is for?

My guess is drag racing down the autobahn...

I not familiar with this variant, anyone know what the rear spoiler is for?

It's a mast for mounting an assortment of sneaky-beaky devices.

Scim looks good Chris.

Any chance you could leave the current plain green texture in the mix with the planned green & black, and des tan versions? Black stripes are increasingly rare as they generally don't get repainted if a vehicle undergoes base repair - not by DSG anyway. You'll notice that newer vehicles that we've procured since the mid-00s like Titan, Trojan, Panther, Terrier, MAN SV and the Bulldog fleet (upgraded FV430s) etc. are all plain green.

Also, any plans to do an Armoured Recce version?

It's a mast for mounting an assortment of sneaky-beaky devices.

Scim looks good Chris.

Any chance you could leave the current plain green texture in the mix with the planned green & black, and des tan versions? Black stripes are increasingly rare as they generally don't get repainted if a vehicle undergoes base repair - not by DSG anyway. You'll notice that newer vehicles that we've procured since the mid-00s like Titan, Trojan, Panther, Terrier, MAN SV and the Bulldog fleet (upgraded FV430s) etc. are all plain green.

Also, any plans to do an Armoured Recce version?

I was actually thinking that about the green and black .... how does the Armoured Reeve version differ? isit without the bar armour and the upgrades , go fast stripes etc?

I was actually thinking that about the green and black .... how does the Armoured Reeve version differ? isit without the bar armour and the upgrades , go fast stripes etc?

Some say its the "orange rockets" ;)

Looking rather good. I've been looking forward to a CVRT for a while now.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

UK_Force;1902144']pm sent to OP in regards to certain "identical" parts of this Model.

yea got it fella , sent pm back

Armoured Recce scimitars belong to the 'close reconnaissance' squadrons of heavy cavalry (tank) regiments. They are fitted with BGTI (Battle-Group Thermal Imaging) system (like Warrior) instead of the smaller E-SPIRE (Enhanced Sight Periscopic Infra Red Equipment) sight unit used on Formation Recce regt. Scimitars, like the one you have modeled so far.

Example of a Scimitar with BGTI:

CVRT.jpg

Currently they'd be without the TES equipment (ECM, bar armour etc) as none of the tank regiments deploying to Afghanistan are in a role that would require sending their Scimitars (there are no CR2s over there after all). But in the eventuality of them being in a war that required such upgrades as has led to the current Scimitar 235/TES(H) UORs; they'd probably get them.

Right , it has come to attention that some of the parts of the model have been ripped from a possable internal tester or X Dev from Project Reality.

I was given the parts under good faith that the lad ( a " mate " ) had made and was giving me a helping hand to create it. Ive spoke to UK Force and i will be taking off the Screen shots and will be re-do'ing all the parts in question.

Abit of a arse because its set back the release of it , but lesson learnt and hopefully come back looking even better than before.

Thanks to UK Force for being patient with it and not just going mlaarr like i know he must of been tempted to do !!

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Armoured Recce scimitars belong to the 'close reconnaissance' squadrons of heavy cavalry (tank) regiments. They are fitted with BGTI (Battle-Group Thermal Imaging) system (like Warrior) instead of the smaller E-SPIRE (Enhanced Sight Periscopic Infra Red Equipment) sight unit used on Formation Recce regt. Scimitars, like the one you have modeled so far.

Example of a Scimitar with BGTI:

Please do not quote images/videos!

Currently they'd be without the TES equipment (ECM, bar armour etc) as none of the tank regiments deploying to Afghanistan are in a role that would require sending their Scimitars (there are no CR2s over there after all). But in the eventuality of them being in a war that required such upgrades as has led to the current Scimitar 235/TES(H) UORs; they'd probably get them.

yeah i will be doing one of these 100% .... will take time now due to recent updates but will soon be back on track doing every variant i can musta up.

Edited by W0lle