Sign in to follow this  
jedra

Missions By Jedra

MISSIONS BY JEDRA

Download Folder : All Missions

MISSION 1 : MEDICAL INSURGENCY (CO-OP)

I am happy to announce the release of my first ever Arma2 CO mission. I have spent the last few weeks learning the editor and some scripting and basically put this mission together as a learning exercise. My plan is to build more and release them on this thread.

As I said, I am new so this mission may not be perfect (in fact there are still a couple of small bugs - see known issues below).

Mission Name : Medical Insurgency (British Armed Forces)

Mission Premise : While on a medical mission assisting a local Takistani woman, British forces are cornered by Takistani Militia. Survive the attack until an extraction unit arrives.

Mission Type : CO-OP

Dependencies : ACE

Download :

Armaholic mirror:

- Medical Insurgency Co-x (@)

Notes

As this is my first mission I decided to use a few helper scripts - thanks to the author's of the following scripts;

The F2 framework was probably a bit of overkill for this small mission, but it helped me understand how missions fit together.

I have tested the mission in both a hosted server environment and a dedicated server environment. With the exception of the known issues, everything seems to work OK.

Known Issues

As this is my first mission, please take it in the spirit it is given! Any constructive feedback will be gratefully received. I had a lot of fun making the mission and I plan to do more - hopefully they will get more interesting as my skill increases.

Lastly many thanks to those on this forum who have answered my questions. This is a great community and I am glad I found it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MISSION 2 : HOLIDAY FROM HELL (CO-OP 4 Player)

Hot on the heels of the previous release, here is my second mission.

Mission Name : Co04 Holiday from Hell (Australians At War)

Mission Premise : Wealthy hostages have been taken captive and held for ransom on a tropical island. Your job is to eliminate the bandits who are holding the hostages before the hostages are executed.

Mission Type : CO-OP 4 Player

Dependencies : , [url=]Lingor_Units, , [url=]Mana Island (Fiji)

Download :

Armaholic mirror:

- Holiday from Hell Co-04 (@)

Notes

Since my last mission I have gone back to basics and dropped F2 and Taskmaster - they were overkill for my last one. I am still using UPSMON though.

Known Issues

1. Sometimes the hostages escape their pens. I need to figure out a way of making the appear where I put them in the editor!

Version History

1.1 - Fixed a problem where enemy units surrendering were preventing the mission from ending - enemies no longer surrender!

1.2 - Fixed a few cosmetic bugs. Added an on-screen count of hostages still alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MISSION 3 : SATCHEL CHAAAAAARGE!

While building my 3rd mission proper I needed to learn a few scripting techniques. I also noticed that a lot of people were asking how to use satchel charges in ACE. So, I put together this mission which nearly 100% scripted and involves players blowing stuff up with Satchel Charges. It's more of a game than a mission and I have labeled it as a CTF purely because I couldn't see what other game type it would fit into.

Mission Name : CTF06 Satchel Chaaaaaarge!

Mission Premise : Up to six players compete to be the first to blow up 6 vehicles using Satchel Charges. Each target appears as a new task once the previous target is destroyed. First player to blow up his six targets wins! There are various vehicles placed in the start area to enable you get to your targets quicker. All of the vehicles have been made safe (i.e. I took out all the weapons!). Should you find yourself without a vehicle a long way from your target, you can use the self interaction key to either summon a bicycle or take you back to the starting postion (where there should be some vehicles).

Mission Type : CTF (sort of) 6 Player

Dependencies : ACE, Fallujah

Download : Satchel Chaaaaaarge!

Armaholic mirror:

- Satchel Chaaaaaarge! CTF-06 (@)

Notes

I have tested this both on a dedicated server and a hosted server and everything seems to work OK.

Known Issues

1. There are some Apache Helos at the start position that you can't use. This is beacuse when I removed their turret weapons it caused Arma2 to crash if a player tried to access them. I am looking at a fix for this at the moment.

2. There is a chance a target vehicle may be spawned in water. In this case it will either blow up and the player will be credited with the score or weird stuff happens. Looking at improving the spawning script.

3. If you die in a vehicle, you will temporarliy lose 5 points. This will be amended after a few seconds. This is due to the BI scoring system automatically deducting 5 points when you are in a friendly vehicle which is destroyed. I have no idea how to stop the BI scoring from doing this so I have a script that manages the problem by re-adding 5 points.

Acknowledgements

As usual thanks to the community here for answering all my silly questions and special thanks to Celery for helping me get my head around the scoring system and using scripts to manipluate it.

Uses :

fTaskHint by Mikey fTaskHint

Simple Vehicle Respawn Script by Tophe : Script

Thanks to the authors of those scripts for making this excellent game from BI even better.

Version History

1.0 - uploaded first version.

Now, go blow up some stuff!

Edited by Jedra
Front Page editing

Reserved for future posts

Edited by Jedra
reserved space

Jedra, we tried playing the mission but the ACE med system was so buggy that we couldn't heal, etc.

I thought the enemy AI were much too accurate for not being snipers.

The mission looks good and I like the AAW mod.

Might want to try to unitialize the tasks via a call compile preprocessFile in a game logic's init line, rather than with call/execVM from init.sqf. That way it is sure to always run before briefing screen is even loaded, and definitely run before mission starts. This trick doesn't work when previewing the mission in single player editor though, but that shouldn't really matter much.

Been away for a couple of weeks with no internet access. Thanks for the feedback in my absence.

@KMan - it seems there may be a problem with the ACE med system when used with the UPSMON script. I am currently testing this and will update my missions accordingly. Sorry about that!

@galzohar - my third mission (in progress) uses this method. Phew, there is so much to learn! Fortunately this community is excellent and I am learning fast.

Feedback is invaluable so thanks for trying my missions and taking the time to post back.

New mission - Satchel Chaaaaaarge added...

MISSION 3 : SATCHEL CHAAAAAARGE!

It's more of a game than a mission and I have labeled it as a CTF purely because I couldn't see what other game type it would fit into.

One of these maybe, didn't open it myself as I could tell you but I don't run ace...

* More traditional / common ArmA 2 game modes.

A&D - Attack and Defend

AAS - Advance and Secure

C&H - Capture and Hold

CTF - Capture the Flag

CTI - Capture the Island (Warfare)

CO - Cooperative (only AI opponents)

DM - Death Match

FF - Flag Fight

PvP - Player vs. Player (broad title covering most PvP modes)

RPG - Role Playing Game

SC - Sector Control

TDM - Team Death Match

TvT - Team vs. Team

*Exotic or less common game modes.

AnS - Combination of AAS and A&D

C&K - Capture and Kill

COMBI - Combination of C&H and CTF

CTB - Capture the Base

E&E - Escape & Evasion

HUNT - Hunting (Player vs. Creature)

KOTH - King of the Hill

MISC - Miscellaneous (genres not fitting in any category)

OBJ - Objective (co-op style objectives with PvP/TvT element)

RC - Race

RTS - Real Time Strategy

TFF - Team Flag Fight

TRNG - Training Missions

VIP - VIP Protection/Assassination (Team vs. Team / Team vs. Player)

Thanks for that - I guess that RC (race) is probably more suitable although it might give people the impression they will be racing vehicles - which isn't strictly true!