Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Hey love the campaign mate probably the best one i've played in all honesty. You've probably gone past the point of releasing bugfixes for it now but thought I'd let you know cos this is a strange one. Basically on the mission where you have to take out two AA + Radar then final objective, when I kill the rogue general Archangel just falls over dead! Fission mailed, absolutely bizarre, tried it multiple times moving archangel to different areas and it always happens.

Either way superb stuff, may I ask if you've released any of these inhouse MP missions? Its what I mostly do nowerdays as well and we're always on the lookout for quality stuff, cheers.

Glad you're enjoying it. However, I can't recreate that bug so I don't know how or what to fix :/ unfortunately you might have to use the end mission cheat (causing you to miss the last part of that mission which si pretty epic/important) or replay it.

I don't plan on publicly releasing any of the MP games simply because they're unit specific. If you want to play em, you'll have to join DAGR (click the link attached to my sig pic).

Hi Ranger!

I've always been wondering, in one of the first missions, where you have to rescue a pow at the end, you get a message that says something like "air support is now available via your console". How do I enter this console? It is virtually impossible to get through the valley without air support :p

BTW I love your campaign, great work!

Sorry for the late reply, I don't check these forums as often as I used to.

Coop might work for missions 3 through 8. However they were never designed for Coop and I currently don't have the time or plans to convert to MP/COOP compatibility.

"You cannot play\edit this mission; it is depended on downloadable content that has been deleted.Ard_ACU_INF1"

What is this? What i did it wrong?

Are you sure that you have all needed addons: Tier one operators and Desert mercs and blackops. See first post.

Edited by tom3kb

Are you sure that you have all needed addons: Tier one operators and Desert mercs and blackops. See first post.

Yes, I have... Cos' i'm playing SEAL Team 6 DEVGRU... the same addons...

hey guys! how did u finish the last mission? i get into the Venom and pour some lead over the enemies on the ground but the chopper flies around the base and starts hovering at one place. what's the catch? i can't leave it cause it's hovering too high. am i supposed to kill everyone during the overpass?

"You cannot play\edit this mission; it is depended on downloadable content that has been deleted.Ard_ACU_INF1"

What is this? What i did it wrong?

I just double checked each mission and that requirement isn't in any of them. You probably had a mod loaded up when you began that particular mission then had it unloaded when you tried to replay it.

You'll have to either figure out which addon that was (probably the TF86 Seals or SJB SAS pack) and turn it on to play, or restart the mission from the beginning.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

hey guys! how did u finish the last mission? i get into the Venom and pour some lead over the enemies on the ground but the chopper flies around the base and starts hovering at one place. what's the catch? i can't leave it cause it's hovering too high. am i supposed to kill everyone during the overpass?

Might have to restart the mission unfortunately. The waypoint is supposed to activate a trigger and somehow the chopper is stopping short of it. Since waypoints in Arma 2 are not precise this can happen.

I'm only a few missions in but I'd figured I'd give some feedback now, as I can tell it's going to take a while to get through it.

Overall, I think this is an excellent campaign - it's well-conceived, it hits on lots of real-world military lingo, the missions are pretty intuitive, and there is a ton of awesome functionality. At the same time, there are a few decisions I feel end up taking away from the overall experience, and it's primarily concerned with the size/behavior of the OPFOR, aside from a few very minor details.

+ Love the addition of CAS/AC130 (how you implemented this without an additional mod or requiring MMA is impressive) .. getting to wield the sheer power these guys did is fun and immersive

+ Love the pacing-- it's fast-paced when it's supposed to be, while downtime and time to observe, plan and pursue at your own pace feels more valuable

+ Love the inclusion of the add-on units, and while I'm not playing with the optional weapons, I appreciate the options

+ Presence of full voice acting is great, even if a couple of the voices are too quiet or don't sound like grizzled tier one operators

+ Some of the intro scenes have really awesome camera angles that get you into the story more

- In Faith Lost, I had a tough time with this mission and got pretty frustrated. The only way I was able to beat it was exactly as you said earlier in the thread (peaking out and around the 2nd-fl bunker), but it wasn't until after dozens of failed attempts using the other tempting static defense options. By the time I beat it I was cursing up a storm, and it just wasn't fun at that point. Maybe less enemies, or less at once, or some way to give the player more ways of defending the base.

- Placement of enemy units could easily be more robust (IMHO), observing a gigantic wedge of guys just standing still, or getting tagged constantly by enemies who are half-way buried into the ground takes away from the feeling that you're up against an active force. I think a few 2-4 man mobile patrols with random waypoints and wait times would give it a big boost.

- A few minor placement details that I am a stickler for were apparent-- mostly in the fortifications (floating barbed wire, laptops that fell of the table that weren't attached, etc.) as well as typos. There's no reason to let them slip under your radar, the Campaign would be even more professional if these easy fixes were addressed.

= Also, had a bug with the multicam reskin mods, which ended up messing up a different Campaign as well. I ended up deactivating both mods and reverting.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more to say, but all-in-all this is a solid Campaign, it's got plenty of challenges and cool functionality to explore. Thanks for putting it together!

Might have to restart the mission unfortunately. The waypoint is supposed to activate a trigger and somehow the chopper is stopping short of it. Since waypoints in Arma 2 are not precise this can happen.

OMG! Don't tell me i have to play it all over again...the mission is excellent but i'm already familiar with it. Is there any other option?

Besides, is there any guarantee this problem won't happen again?

@up

Use cheat "endmission" or "campaign" :D and watch the outro

I just double checked each mission and that requirement isn't in any of them. You probably had a mod loaded up when you began that particular mission then had it unloaded when you tried to replay it.

You'll have to either figure out which addon that was (probably the TF86 Seals or SJB SAS pack) and turn it on to play, or restart the mission from the beginning.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Solved... ;) I'm already playing this the best campaign of Arma 2... Just one word... Compliments... :)

I'm really not having much luck with the third stage in the first mission (defending the base after talking to the captain). Whether I go in the bunker and use the machine gun or go where the other guys are and try and pick the enemy off with my scoped rifle, I just get killed really easily and I'm only playing on Regular with enemy skill and precision set to 0.3 :o

Before I get killed I seem to either get hit or supressed and I can't aim properly anymore 'cos I'm shaking too much and once that happens I don't have much chance of hitting anything. Even lying down behind the sandbags but so that I can see through the gap between them to fire, I still get killed by someone or other.

I'm using COWarMod but I've disabled all the AI-mods as I tried it with them and it made strange things happen, like the other guys defending the FOB in the first stage (before going to kill the spotters) were already dead when I got there! I don't think there's anything else in COWarMod that would make it any harder, so maybe I just suck :eek:

I'm using COWarMod but I've disabled all the AI-mods as I tried it with them and it made strange things happen, like the other guys defending the FOB in the first stage (before going to kill the spotters) were already dead when I got there! I don't think there's anything else in COWarMod that would make it any harder, so maybe I just suck :eek:

Don't go behind the sandbags, stay behind those big thick blocks between the sandbags and peek left or right to pick off the enemies.

When you go to get the sniper rifle to pick off the spotters, you have to work fast. No time to go upstairs, so try to see through the camo net. This one may take you a few times to do.

When you get to last set of enemies, do the same thing with the snipe rifle. Stay behind the blocks and knock them off one at a time.

Keep in mind that COWarMod can be overpowering at times. Maybe try this mission without the extra addons.

Don't go behind the sandbags, stay behind those big thick blocks between the sandbags and peek left or right to pick off the enemies.

When you go to get the sniper rifle to pick off the spotters, you have to work fast. No time to go upstairs, so try to see through the camo net. This one may take you a few times to do.

When you get to last set of enemies, do the same thing with the snipe rifle. Stay behind the blocks and knock them off one at a time.

Thanks, I'll try that tip for the last set of enemies. For the other two stages I didn't have any problem.

As for the spotters, I didn't need to get a sniper rifle as I seem to start the mission with one. I had plenty of time to go upstairs and pick off the two spotters as well, once I knew where they were anyway

I'm getting a fair few errors relating to missing jpgs with this.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m1-tf94-faith%20lost.takistan\1.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m1-tf94-faith%20lost.takistan\tf94splash.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m2-tf94-the%20stan.takistan\tf94splash.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\tf94splash.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied7.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied8.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied9.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied1.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied4.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied2.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied5.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied3.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied6.jpg (these were during the briefing and the Notes just showed empty placeholders where the IED pictures should've been)

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\3.jpg

I cant play "The Stan". It freezes then CTDs every time, I dont get an error message either. Suggestions/Ideas?

I'm getting a fair few errors relating to missing jpgs with this.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m1-tf94-faith%20lost.takistan\1.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m1-tf94-faith%20lost.takistan\tf94splash.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m2-tf94-the%20stan.takistan\tf94splash.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\tf94splash.jpg

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied7.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied8.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied9.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied1.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied4.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied2.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied5.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied3.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\ied6.jpg (these were during the briefing and the Notes just showed empty placeholders where the IED pictures should've been)

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1m3-tf94-metal%20militia.takistan\3.jpg

I'm stumped by this one but I'll look into it.

I cant play "The Stan". It freezes then CTDs every time, I dont get an error message either. Suggestions/Ideas?

What does it say in your .rpt file?

I'm stumped by this one but I'll look into it.

Thanks. I thought it might be a general bug as when going into the Campaign screen I also get

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\desertfever\53.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\wings\2.jpg.

despite those two files being present. I tried to ask about it in Troubleshooting but was told it was a mod/mission problem and so I had to ask in those threads and had the thread closed, so hopefully you can help ;)

So here are some more details, It is on two separate campaigns where I cannot play the 4th mission. I can play Faith Lost all the way through, but when I finish it, then get the score screen and continue, it brings me to a scene where its like the start of the mission, I can hit continue but it brings me to the campaign menu and if I try and start The Stan it freezes then I have to CtrlAltDel it.

Here is an updated RPT

http://www.mediafire.com/?e92qebd3ajjcun1

Thanks. I thought it might be a general bug as when going into the Campaign screen I also get

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\desertfever\53.jpg.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture campaigns\wings\2.jpg.

despite those two files being present. I tried to ask about it in Troubleshooting but was told it was a mod/mission problem and so I had to ask in those threads and had the thread closed, so hopefully you can help ;)

You can try to PM the admin to unlock your previous thread since you're having the same issue with multiple campaigns, because I honestly have to clue what's wrong here. I can't replicate the problem on my end and have never seen this before. I'm really sorry but I don't know where to begin :/ Is there anything in your .rpt file?

So here are some more details, It is on two separate campaigns where I cannot play the 4th mission. I can play Faith Lost all the way through, but when I finish it, then get the score screen and continue, it brings me to a scene where its like the start of the mission, I can hit continue but it brings me to the campaign menu and if I try and start The Stan it freezes then I have to CtrlAltDel it.

Here is an updated RPT

http://www.mediafire.com/?e92qebd3ajjcun1

You're missing the Desert Mercs and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel addon.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.BB_Mercenary

Dude, I just finished this CAMP for my 2nd time just yesterday and it was even more fun than the first time around.

Seems you made a few missions night time than the first time around.

Hope you have the motivation to make another CAMP.

Thx for the hard efforts!

You can try to PM the admin to unlock your previous thread since you're having the same issue with multiple campaigns, because I honestly have to clue what's wrong here. I can't replicate the problem on my end and have never seen this before. I'm really sorry but I don't know where to begin :/ Is there anything in your .rpt file?

Thanks, he's going to test some of the campaigns himself to see if he can recreate the problem :)