Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Don't kill him yet, its supposed to trigger a quick convo, then you kill him. Just like at the end of 'Unforgiven.'

It doesn't. Trigger problem? I ran many times around him, nothing happened.

Ok, I see the problem now:

The trigger waits until you're there, and you've killed all of his body guards. GL4 is overriding the 'disableAI "MOVE"' syntax on the guards, so they're probably out wandering the map somewhere.

What I would recomend doing is either a)using the endmission cheat, or better b)downloading the debug console and typing in:

execVM "objboss.sqf"

This will trigger the proper script and allow you to finish the mission until I release a hotfix patch. I'm going to wait and see if GL4 broke anything else but expect a patch soon. Regrettably I'm quite busy with RL issus atm, but I'll get it out asap.

Ok, I see the problem now:

The trigger waits until you're there, and you've killed all of his body guards. GL4 is overriding the 'disableAI "MOVE"' syntax on the guards, so they're probably out wandering the map somewhere.

What I would recomend doing is either a)using the endmission cheat, or better b)downloading the debug console and typing in:

execVM "objboss.sqf"

This will trigger the proper script and allow you to finish the mission until I release a hotfix patch. I'm going to wait and see if GL4 broke anything else but expect a patch soon. Regrettably I'm quite busy with RL issus atm, but I'll get it out asap.

I had no problem with the GL4 features. Only thing that bugged me was the initzilation (spelling?) thing and the marker that shows where th enemies are. (Sure, it helped me alot to not throw my keyboard out of the window :p)

Thats my only issue with GL4 as a mission maker - it makes an already unpredictable game even more unpredictable lol.

Just keep posting feedback and I'll get a hotfix out for Avarice and Four Horsemen by tomorrow.

UPDATE:

Version 1.7.1

Check first post for latest version

Change log:

-Removed GL4 Enemy Markers

-Removed GL4 Initialization Chat

-Fixed final objective trigger in Avarice

-Removed GL4 Initialization for Four Horsemen

Edited by TheRev709

I have a problem, the first mission in Namalsk is buggy. When I play the first part of the mission my AI teammates get stuck between containers, switching to one of them to get him out let them die. Next problem, I can't run with my team on this map, somehow I could put 3 of them out of this containers but they just don't run to the train station. Well this doesn't matter, I can run without them there, but after the next animation sequence they are all over the place and die really fast because enemies are everywhere and can shoot them in the back. The mission is really annoying...

I have a problem, the first mission in Namalsk is buggy. When I play the first part of the mission my AI teammates get stuck between containers, switching to one of them to get him out let them die. Next problem, I can't run with my team on this map, somehow I could put 3 of them out of this containers but they just don't run to the train station. Well this doesn't matter, I can run without them there, but after the next animation sequence they are all over the place and die really fast because enemies are everywhere and can shoot them in the back. The mission is really annoying...

Its the final mission, not supposed to be easy. I remember a day when a player went through punishment to beat a game... like Super Mario for Game Boy or Star Fox 64. If you ran out of lives, you had to start the entire game over...

Its the final mission, not supposed to be easy. I remember a day when a player went through punishment to beat a game... like Super Mario for Game Boy or Star Fox 64. If you ran out of lives, you had to start the entire game over...

This is true, but I agree a bit with rastam with regards to the train, as I finally got around to this mission today.

After catching the train, several of your teammates start on the opposite side of the train to you, basically right next to enemies who shoot them immediately (and I mean like around 2 seconds after starting) - I thought this a bit rough seeing as I have no control. I lost my medic and AR because of it.

Perhaps you could consider starting the entire team on the west side of the train, in file formation or similar. This is a good place to start from as the AI can move up the road toward AII and don't get shot (straight away) by marauding mercs.

This is true, but I agree a bit with rastam with regards to the train, as I finally got around to this mission today.

After catching the train, several of your teammates start on the opposite side of the train to you, basically right next to enemies who shoot them immediately (and I mean like around 2 seconds after starting) - I thought this a bit rough seeing as I have no control. I lost my medic and AR because of it.

Perhaps you could consider starting the entire team on the west side of the train, in file formation or similar. This is a good place to start from as the AI can move up the road toward AII and don't get shot (straight away) by marauding mercs.

Hmm, all of your teammates are suppose to start on the same side as you, not next to the baddies...

Are you running ver. 1.7.1? Are you using any other AI mods?

Well, either way after you get past the train station, you go in solo from there on and your team goes off on their own.

I really appreciate the effort you guys put into making this campaign. The voice acting may not have been shining but considering the work done into this, it's a minor drawback.

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to squeal.

Also try using soundtracks that aren't from COD. Just a personal taste. -_- (listened to it way too much) Hans Zimmer is a great music maker though.

Edited by BAXXter

Thanks for the praise Baxxter! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Considering I don't have the money to hire professional actors I think the community members who lended their vocals did a grea job, and made this campaign 10x better than if I just had subtitles.

As for music, I just have a hard on for hans zimmer, and the work he did on cod was outstanding. I pulled music from his movie work too, but expect some new stuff for SOV2!

I got to say that COD has become a horrible game for milking cash out of, but, I have to give props to the music. There's not much I would give COD props for but Hans Zimmer make good music, you can't deny that. How about some old school rainbow six music :D

Nice campaign one of the best I've played! Even better then some of boheimas campaign also.. But I hate and i realy mean HATE all the addons. I installed all requred addons and I get message that it have to have the weapons addons or else i cant play or eidt the s mission. Im also stuck at one mission named Avarice with a similar error: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.nim_clouds" Tried to download and install all addons including nimweather addon.

I use mod folders method.

Still It dosnt work... I realy like to finnish what Iwe started with the campaign hope you can help?

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Nice campaign one of the best I've played! Even better then some of boheimas campaign also.. But I hate and i realy mean HATE all the addons. I installed all requred addons and I get message that it have to have the weapons addons or else i cant play or eidt the s mission. Im also stuck at one mission named Avarice with a similar error: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.nim_clouds" Tried to download and install all addons including nimweather addon.

I use mod folders method.

Still It dosnt work... I realy like to finnish what Iwe started with the campaign hope you can help?

Figured it out. Tried to install Nim weather using mod folders but that didnt work. Made a addons folder in the root directory and put the addon files there and it worked. But I read someplace else that this migh be an issue with the mission or maybe its the nomalsk addon thar requres this addon? Anyway, if someone has the same issue as I had that was the fix for me..

^^^

OK, this is what you need to do and this will help the mission maker troubleshoot the problem:

Go to Windows Start > Search Programs and type RPT > Search your computer

You'll get C:\User\your name here\Appdata\local\Arma 2 OA

Scroll to the bottom...way way to the bottom.

This will give you error messages that corresponds with the addon giving you the problem.

You may have to download the addon again and reinstall it...

Sorry for the late replies, but I just got back from vacation and am in the process of moving. I'll do what I can once I get settled in.

in the first of her mission in all versions of takistan allies behave passively, in the reflection of the 1st attack another understandable surprise attack, but during the reflection of defending takistan allies look the other way of attacking the rebels, the rebels easily kill all the allies, the player is alone beat attack the rebels.

2-snd mission fo all ok.

Are the songs/tracks you used in the whole campaign accessible in the mission editor?

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I got to say that COD has become a horrible game for milking cash out of, but, I have to give props to the music. There's not much I would give COD props for but Hans Zimmer make good music, you can't deny that. How about some old school rainbow six music :D
A massive +1. I am in full agreement.

I gotta hotfix update in the works for the Avarice mission, expect it released by tomorrow.

My internet at my new apartment blows goats for quarters, so hopefully it'll work. I'm also sloooowly working on SOV2, just waiting on a few addons to be released/updated, and teaking the overall story/outline. Expect awesomeness.

Gave it a try and so far so good but the volume of the music is a major downer. It's TOO loud! I can't hear anything because of the music.

Gave it a try and so far so good but the volume of the music is a major downer. It's TOO loud! I can't hear anything because of the music.

You can edit the music volume in your options menu. Some of the tracks get louder than others for some reason, but trust me, it was a lot louder before lol.

@up

, but trust me, it was a lot louder before lol.

Yes i remember ;)

Good copy on that. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that because it's the only campaign/mission that is loud.