Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

There is a thin line between challenging and unfair... ;)

Just to let you know I have it set so that the advancing Taliban (in the first wave) don't go prone. I found it was impossible (plus it took forever to kill them, which u have to do before you can advance in the level) when they're just crawling around prone.

Heres whatchya gotta do: lean out from behind cover and pick the right group off one by one with the scar. Then do the same to the left group, and also use the m203 to hit them when they go behind the hill (which only covers them for a minute since they're running towards you.

I understand you're having problems with the first level, how about the rest of them?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Well, i have tried with only satchel, still nothing. Yes the communication officer has been well killed before and i haven't been spotted. So i have tried to check with the 2nd Tunguska (near hangar), this one explosed with the javelin, good! but next, back to the first one: still impossible to blow it up! :(

There are any condition to keep it alive? (enemy presence around?...)

I'm afraid to must restart all this mission

Try using a Russian RPG (theres some RPG troops as well as weapons caches at the commo station), sometimes satchels can be a pain IMO. It should be vulnerable at this point, no conditions to destroy it.

Just to let you know I have it set so that the advancing Taliban (in the first wave) don't go prone. I found it was impossible (plus it took forever to kill them, which u have to do before you can advance in the level) when they're just crawling around prone.

Heres whatchya gotta do: lean out from behind cover and pick the right group off one by one with the scar. Then do the same to the left group, and also use the m203 to hit them when they go behind the hill (which only covers them for a minute since they're running towards you.

I understand you're having problems with the first level, how about the rest of them?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Try using a Russian RPG (theres some RPG troops as well as weapons caches at the commo station), sometimes satchels can be a pain IMO. It should be vulnerable at this point, no conditions to destroy it.

Well, i could play this evening, and after many tries, i used the russian missile launcher and it worked! Finally mission ended!

I finished this campaig, wow great work. Cool missions, nice cutscens and soundtrack. Great campaign. Thanks for making it :).

I got some problems.

1. In all missions i got confing error about rh_hk417 but thats no big deal-i got this addon mayby old version i dont know.

2. After last mission befor credits i got error in campaign structure and crashs to windows, i use cheat to load credits.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Sorry for post under post im using my telfon for this.

3. I can lock (and shot) any vehicles with tab wenn im using matis,javelin, stinger so im always grab rpg or mawws, that strange but my team (ai) dont have this problem so they got those rocket launchers. Mayby i got some problems with mma-mandoble addon or im do somthing wrong im not sure.

USRanger709, 1 more time thanks for this campaign :)

I finished this campaig, wow great work. Cool missions, nice cutscens and soundtrack. Great campaign. Thanks for making it :).

Great! Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did making it!

I got some problems.

Uh Oh

1. In all missions i got confing error about rh_hk417 but thats no big deal-i got this addon maybe old version i dont know.

Have you tried updating the RH HK416/417 pack?

2. After last mission befor credits i got error in campaign structure and crashs to windows, i use cheat to load credits.

Weird, what does the Arma2 .rpt crash files say?

3. I can lock (and shot) any vehicles with tab wenn im using matis,javelin, stinger so im always grab rpg or mawws, that strange but my team (ai) dont have this problem so they got those rocket launchers. Mayby i got some problems with mma-mandoble addon or im do somthing wrong im not sure.

Weird as well, might be MMA. Normally I take control of the AI guy I have currying the AT ;)

USRanger709, 1 more time thanks for this campaign :)

Thank you!

@USRanger709

i download all addons from links from first page.

But i got in my addons rh_hk416 pack v1.1 mayby this make conflicts.

About mando addon i play his toturial missions in editor and... All work great but in campaign nothings works i not can lock with tab, and i dont have icons on javelin hud thats very strange.

And i dont know how to find arma2.rpt file i have win xp

@USRanger709

i download all addons from links from first page.

But i got in my addons rh_hk416 pack v1.1 mayby this make conflicts.

About mando addon i play his toturial missions in editor and... All work great but in campaign nothings works i not can lock with tab, and i dont have icons on javelin hud thats very strange.

And i dont know how to find arma2.rpt file i have win xp

Yeah, I think HK416 pack is v1.2, I'll check the link on the front page.

I never tested the Javelin myself, so I'll look into it.

If you search "windows xp .rpt" on the forums you'll find plenty of threads on it.

@USRanger709

ok, im check rh forum and hk416 new version for OA/CO

is v1.21 :)

and i got v1.1 thats the problem :)

Hello!

I've really enjoyed your campaign - thank you for all of your hard work!

That said, I'm stuck with not being able to open up "The Stan" in the single-player campaign. The image of the German Shepherd, along with the option to Continue the campaign is there, but when I click on "Continue" to proceed with the campaign, nothing changes. We stay on the mission-select screen, and that's it. I have to use the Task Manager to shutdown ArmA II.

At this point in time, the only Error message that the game is giving me is when I first open up the single-player Campaigns options. The error is:

'Campaigns\c09_grit_mis3.v2-1.lingor\description.ext.Campaign.'

But this is related to the Ghost Recon Island Thunder campaign, which I haven't tried in quite a while. I mention this error listing only in case it could, somehow, be related to why "The Stan" won't launch fully.

Thank you in advance!

Yours!

Hello!

I've really enjoyed your campaign - thank you for all of your hard work!

That said, I'm stuck with not being able to open up "The Stan" in the single-player campaign. The image of the German Shepherd, along with the option to Continue the campaign is there, but when I click on "Continue" to proceed with the campaign, nothing changes. We stay on the mission-select screen, and that's it. I have to use the Task Manager to shutdown ArmA II.

At this point in time, the only Error message that the game is giving me is when I first open up the single-player Campaigns options. The error is:

'Campaigns\c09_grit_mis3.v2-1.lingor\description.ext.Campaign.'

But this is related to the Ghost Recon Island Thunder campaign, which I haven't tried in quite a while. I mention this error listing only in case it could, somehow, be related to why "The Stan" won't launch fully.

Thank you in advance!

Yours!

Can you post the crash report from your .rpt file? Try running the game without any other mods attached.

BTW, I reinstalled W7 on my HD recently, and for the life of me can't get Arma2 OA to work so I can't test atm :( Hopefully I'll be back up by tomorrow.

First of all great campaign. I really enjoy this mixture of CoD:Modern Warfare and Arma2.

But i had to use the "endmission" cheat twice now.

1:

The last Takistan Mission, where the player has to protect the Takistani president. Right at the beginning you have to speak with Crucho. But he was never there. I searched the whole Villa plus surrounding, but I couldn't find him. I restarted the Mission twice. Same result. On of the Chairs where he probably supposed to sit is lying on the ground and there is a Laptop lying in the Dust right between the Tent and the villa.

2:

First Podagorsk Mission: I killed the comms Officer and nothing happens. After three attempts I kill the Soldier again and than attacked the camp, killing everyone and destroying all vehicles, tents, trailers, antenna with satchels. I'll try to use an RPG next time as you suggested.

Some minor things:

1. All gudied Launcher do not lock on a traget, rendering them completly useless.

2. Be more explicit in your mission descriptions: The briefing of the first podagorsk mission only says "kill the comms officer", no word about destroying the equipment. This is not such a big deal, since the first rule for every Arma player is: "If the task is still not completed, destroy everything you see" ;)

Also the Mission after that: I was travelling in that truck from the starting point. The SAS soldiers says that there is a curfew and the russians are ordered to shoot everyone on sight. But your Taskhint says you shouldn't get to close to russian patrols and roadblocks. After a Mi-17 hit me from nowhere, I realized, that the british guy was right.

Same Mission: There are Routes 2 and 3 but no Route 1.

3. Addons: I usually have no problems with mission makers using a lot of Addons. I do that myself. But you got to ask yourself, if all the addons are really necassary. Why do you need Mando's Missiles? It's perhaps the cause of the useless Javelins. And what about the MRAPs? They are just decoration, aren't they? Neither can the player use them, nor do they assist him in combat. Finally: What version of the TierOne Operators do you use? I'm constantly getting error messages, that this or that unit is missing. I can play the mission anyway, but for example in the Night Zargabad CQB battle,I had to play the whole missions without a medic. At the Start the game told me, that some ftmch_blablamedic was missing.

I know that is a lot of "complains", so please don't get me wrong. I'm really enjoing your campaign. If not I wouldn't spend time writing down all the things that bothered me, while playing it.

@EL Giggi

Croucho is in the villa on first flor in room with a girl in black

Kill that officer in tent and then use his computer

Im got the same problem with javelins, metis, stinger. Somthing wrong with mando missiles ?. And in Mando toturial missions in editor evrithing works, but in campaign they dont lock on target

@Tom3kb: Hey thanks, I'll try this out next time. But I could bet, that I searched every Corner and couldn't find him

@Comm Officer Topic: Was that written in the mission briefing or did you figure that out by yourself?

@El Giggi

About Croucho hi was in one little room behind desk, ther was 2 or 3 rooms in little hallway in 1 flor

I dont remember, im think somthing was written in brifieng, and in mission by radio chat by HQ?. But im not 100% sure. And im allways check computers for informations or other stuff :).

Crucho is on th second floor, first office room on the right. I just noticed last week that the marker was defaulting to the first floor (terrain level) after days of find a work around to get it on the proper elevation.

Its also noted in the tasks menu for the Avarice mission to kill the comms officer then use his computer.

I'm still trying to figure out why Javelins and such wont work, they all worked last time I tested it. Probably something to do with MMA I assume, but I'll work to figure it out.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the campaign, rest assured a patch is in the works. Unfortunately I'm still not able to get OA working, but am working on it!

@USRanger709

Mayby you forget too put some modules from mando on the map in editor or mayby its because we chose those launchers in brifing before missions starts and thats why they dont work with mando addon and mando moduls i dont know, but his toturial missions with launchers in editor works. Mayby you can figure it out. And even if not this campaign is great :). So dont worry too much. Great work so far. :)

Love the sampaign so far.... had to geek it up a bit more than I'm used to, to run it though. Found a laumcher that makes life easier...... I wish I could make cool shit like this but for now I'm more than happy to play them........ My joy has come to a halt though when i try to run the mission "Ride the Lightning" are there addonsa used in this mission that were not used in the previous ones??? Game freezez and does not respond!!! Please help got me looking forward to staying home at night instead of going to the pub.... that is a big thing!!! I should go through all the older posts

Edited by Avabrew
I'm retarded

I took a critical error on what I believe is the last mission:

Invalid mission name

ErrorMessage: Error in campaign structure

Caused a CTD. I don't want to give away spoilers, but it was at the end of a really fantastic mission (Four Horsemen), then boom! Maybe it was reported already?

Also my error log is spammed with lots of less severe errors, which I see non-stop on the screen because I have showscripterrors flagged on all the time:

File Campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1M9-TF94-Four%20Horsemen.namalsk\finalb.sqf, line 113

Error in expression <aSrasWrflDf"; boss disableAI "ANIM"; }

waitUntil {boss distance (position bossc>

Error position: <waitUntil {boss distance (position bossc>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <witchMove "AdthPercMrunSlowWrflDf_A1"; sleep 0.4; Archangel setvelocity [0,10,>

Error position: <sleep 0.4; Archangel setvelocity [0,10,>

Error Generic error in expression

Suspending not allowed in this context

Bad action name agonyCargo - not found in InjuredManActionsRfl

Error in expression <!alive (AA2) AND COM>

Error position: <alive (AA2) AND COM>

Error alive: Type Bool, expected Object

One other item. When I finished the last mission on Podagarsk (which was really good also), it seemed to end correctly, but then the mission started over from scratch. I did an "endmission" to skip it.

@AZCoder

I have the same crash after last mission like you. And im raported that but without any info about script errors, i dont have showscripterrors on.

The errors will show up in the report file, quite numerous. But other than that, I especially liked the final mission, impressed with a couple elements that I won't give away.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I've been pretty busy since the release and will be busy here for the next few days but I'm noting all of the bugs/issues you guys have brought up and am slowly but surely working on v1.1 :D

Otherwise I'm very happy that you all have enjoyed it thus far!

Yes, it is 1 of the best campaigns for arma2. This campaign have little bugs but all new campaigns have bugs.

And we allways can use little cheat ;) and play next mission.

So take your time we will wait for v1.1

The summer is gettin busy for me, but I'm focusing on 1.1 before I start SoV2 (expect greatness).

Priority list of things to expect for v1.1

1. All major bugs you guys reported worked out (no more "endmission" or CTD).
  2. Lowering the music volume.
  3. Replacing Desert Mercs with the Desert Mercs mod for OA.
  4. Adding a "secret" ending...

Is it me or is Unforgiven mission unbeatable, because when I killed the warlord like it said to, the mission just ended and I have to start all over again >.>

Is it me or is Unforgiven mission unbeatable, because when I killed the warlord like it said to, the mission just ended and I have to start all over again >.>

Weird, so after the mission ends is there a cut scene or does it just restart on its own?

Thank you for this incredible campaign! I just got a problem on the mission "four horsemen"

after I interrogate the man I go to the train station and put all my team in the wagon but mothing happened...and the "marker" of objective is very far from the train station (more than 10 000m) did I miss something?

except that little problem this campaign is excellent and I enjoyed playing it!!