Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Possibly, but what objective is active in your mission tasks?

my objective is to take out the guy

I'm gonna see if staying in the server room longer affects if the helicopter spawns in that field

I get a message that say "invalid crew civilian in UH1". maybe that's it?

I'm having issues with reloading a previously loaded save after I'm killed. This is for the first mission, and occurs before and after the portion where you're to defend the main entrance to the camp.

When I try to reload, it states that needed files have been deleted. Well, that's strange, because ALL of the files were installed before the campaign's even fired up. What's stranger, is if I restart the campaign from the VERY beginning, there aren't any issues. Till I get killed, and try to reload from a previous save.

I'm playing with Group Link 4 active, but I can't see how that would negatively impact the ability to find mysteriously "deleted" files.

And by the way, the enemies are a MUCH bigger challenge with Group Link 4 in use. It's pretty astounding how much better they are in combat.

Any help greatly appreciated!

This is definitely the best campaign I've played - thanks for all your hard work! I am having an issue though, with the Air Support Console. (I've read the Mando Missile readme and searched the threads but no luck so far.)

I'm on the mission Metal Militia and I want to use the recon plane, but it can't seem to sustain a steady altitude. It just keeps losing height until it crashes, even though it's still several kilometers from my target destination. The other forms of air support work just fine, but I'd really like to use the recon.

Any advice on how to keep the recon plane from crashing within 30 seconds of flight or so? The normal UAV controls don't seem to help...but maybe I'm just missing something here. Thanks again!

hey kommiekat.

i'll tell you what i did. i just downloaded the addons from the links ranger gave on this forums at the first page. no problem occured for me. sjb sbs pack downloaded from that link and all the other addons. you are running the mod on vanilla arma2 co oa right? i mean no ace2 or acex?

Hey man, thanks for your reply.

No ACE on this being used.

Let me ask you this:

I purchased Arma2 first. Later purchased OA. Both in same directory.

I use Arma2Launcher.

I have three choices to start game: Arma2, ArmaOA or ArmaCO with the launcher. Which is best for SOV?

Lastly, CBA.

Should I be using CBA with both Arma2 and OA.

I mean, both in the same directory makes it CO, yes??

Sorry, noobish questions, but still mystifying to get this understood properly.

@Kommiekat

i use arma 2 co for this campaign and @cba for a2 co.

I make

@soldierofvalor folder in arma 2 main folder. in this folder im create 2 folders: addons and campaigns with all addons and campaign and in arma2oa.exe

i add

-mod=@soldierofvalor;@cba

And all work great with no problems.

@Kommiekat

i use arma 2 co for this campaign and @cba for a2 co.

I make

@soldierofvalor folder in arma 2 main folder. in this folder im create 2 folders: addons and campaigns with all addons and campaign and in arma2oa.exe

i add

-mod=@soldierofvalor;@cba

And all work great with no problems.

Hey, thanks for your help!

Question: soldeirofvalor is actually the mission file and not an addon, correct?

soldeirofvalor goes in campaign folder, yes?

All other addons quite naturally go into the main directory with @before_mod_name and addons folder inside with addon file.

Your system looks interesting. I may have to try that one out.

@Kommiekat

yes, soldierofvalor.pbo you put in arma2/campaigns folder or @modname\campaigns folder its your decision.

And all needed addons you put in @modname\addons folder. :)

my objective is to take out the guy

I'm gonna see if staying in the server room longer affects if the helicopter spawns in that field

I get a message that say "invalid crew civilian in UH1". maybe that's it?

I've just played through the mission five times on my end, and the chopper is always waiting right on top of the marker like it should be.

You did "hack" the server underground, right?

When exactly do you see the "invalid crew civilian in UH1"? There is no civie crew, so I don't know whats causing that one.

And please use the "spoiler" tags when discussing mission specifics.

I'm having issues with reloading a previously loaded save after I'm killed. This is for the first mission, and occurs before and after the portion where you're to defend the main entrance to the camp.

When I try to reload, it states that needed files have been deleted. Well, that's strange, because ALL of the files were installed before the campaign's even fired up. What's stranger, is if I restart the campaign from the VERY beginning, there aren't any issues. Till I get killed, and try to reload from a previous save.

I'm playing with Group Link 4 active, but I can't see how that would negatively impact the ability to find mysteriously "deleted" files.

And by the way, the enemies are a MUCH bigger challenge with Group Link 4 in use. It's pretty astounding how much better they are in combat.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Has to do with where its saving and trying to load the files from, not totally sure how to fix this though, might wanna scan other parts of the forum :/

ok so this is seriously the best campaign i've ever played. nuff said.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Edited by TheRev709

This is definitely the best campaign I've played - thanks for all your hard work! I am having an issue though, with the Air Support Console. (I've read the Mando Missile readme and searched the threads but no luck so far.)

I'm on the mission Metal Militia and I want to use the recon plane, but it can't seem to sustain a steady altitude. It just keeps losing height until it crashes, even though it's still several kilometers from my target destination. The other forms of air support work just fine, but I'd really like to use the recon.

Any advice on how to keep the recon plane from crashing within 30 seconds of flight or so? The normal UAV controls don't seem to help...but maybe I'm just missing something here. Thanks again!

Any advice on my problem above USRanger? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Much appreciated!

Any advice on my problem above USRanger? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Much appreciated!

I'll look into it, but it has to do with the MMA scripting, which I have no control over (its all in a .pbo).

I'll see what I can do though, possibly just add a controllable UAV.

So far i only played the first mission, but...

I hoped to get some more action-style (FPS) of campaign that get rid of this pseudo simulation stuff of ArmA that i really start to hate. ;)

But i see you not used any of the scripts needed to get something similar:

1. I would like to see a automatic leg-heal, no more stupid crawling around and waiting for a medic.

2. Give the Player medipacks so he can heal himselfe and teammates.

3. Give the AI comerades something like 5x full health so they dont die that fast and stay longer in action.

4. Use a Name tag script (Name of teammates above their head if you point at them

5. Reduce enemy accuracy with small arms greatly and use a awareness script to make them less stupid and less ak-sniper.

6. Use the new OA hints to give advixes like "pick up sniper rifle on the table" for example (first mission).

7. Use smaller enemy groups, in the first mission it looks kind of stupid how the enemy attacks...

Make a script to let them engage the FOB much earlier so they dont run araund 10m infront of the FOB all packed in those awful looking formations.

That would greatly help to get a more immersive gameplay style with much more cool anction and less stupid ArmA feeling.

And maybe get rid of some addons, i know by myselfe as mission designer that a long addon list will make 50% of potential players stay away from your campaign.

Oh, and remove the NV googles from the AI, they wear it even in daylight if the time is like 05:00 am which looks stupid.

No offense, just my thoughts about your work (i know that creating something is hard work !).

After looking at the trailer and the picture i hoped to get a immersive FPS sytle campaign full of cool action, not just the same boring ArmA stuff again. ;)

If you are interested in those scripts then please send me a PM and i will post the links, none of those scripts is from me by the way.

I just collected them to get those FPS style working on my future missions.

Edited by Wiggum

@Wiggum

if you wont play easy action fps

play CoD

This is ArmA :)

@Wiggum

if you wont play easy action fps

play CoD

This is ArmA :)

Yeah, but even ArmA can be fun with some tweaks (scripts) ! :)

@Wiggum

If you wont too play fun and cod style campaign

check Bastard squad for A2 or beter CO version. You get bullet time and other stuff.

Or campaigns Gambit royale and Ante portas with cool story cutscenens and other stuff.

So far i only played the first mission, but...

I hoped to get some more action-style (FPS) of campaign that get rid of this pseudo simulation stuff of ArmA that i really start to hate. ;)

But i see you not used any of the scripts needed to get something similar:

1. I would like to see a automatic leg-heal, no more stupid crawling around and waiting for a medic.

2. Give the Player medipacks so he can heal himselfe and teammates.

3. Give the AI comerades something like 5x full health so they dont die that fast and stay longer in action.

4. Use a Name tag script (Name of teammates above their head if you point at them

5. Reduce enemy accuracy with small arms greatly and use a awareness script to make them less stupid and less ak-sniper.

6. Use the new OA hints to give advixes like "pick up sniper rifle on the table" for example (first mission).

7. Use smaller enemy groups, in the first mission it looks kind of stupid how the enemy attacks...

Make a script to let them engage the FOB much earlier so they dont run araund 10m infront of the FOB all packed in those awful looking formations.

Thanks for the feedback! As per your suggestions:

1. Nope, you can team switch to your medic to hurry things up

2. Nope, denotes the need for a medic.

3. Nope, not even sure if this is possible. Either way, being elite doesn't mean you're super human, but you're smarter than your enemy.

4. Yes, already in the works

5. Nope, the AK is a more formidable weapon than you'd think.

6. Yes, in the works

7. Nope, the first mission is reminiscent of the Wanat style attacks, 200 plus enemy Taliban about to overrun a FOB with less than 30 soldiers.

You bring some good points I would like to address:

That would greatly help to get a more immersive gameplay style with much more cool anction and less stupid ArmA feeling.

I made this campaign for Arma, not the COD engine.

And maybe get rid of some addons, i know by myselfe as mission designer that a long addon list will make 50% of potential players stay away from your campaign.

Then its their loss.

I use these community addons as much as possible to give the campaign a totally fresh setting, new enemies, new allies, new weapons, new gameplay, all funneling into a totally new experience you won't get in vanilla Arma.

I'm out to make the best campaign that I can, not trying to set a record for how many people will play it.

Oh, and remove the NV googles from the AI, they wear it even in daylight if the time is like 05:00 am which looks stupid.

Yeah, but the problem is most of the time its late in the evening and by the time the action starts it will be night. I've thought about taking away the NVGs then add them later once it got late, but I let it be for now.

No offense, just my thoughts about your work (i know that creating something is hard work !).

After looking at the trailer and the picture i hoped to get a immersive FPS sytle campaign full of cool action, not just the same boring ArmA stuff again. ;)

Thanks, but again, this is built on the Arma engine, the core of which is going to be the immersive simulation style gameplay, not CODfish.

BTW, have you beaten the campaign yet? Not to spoil anything, but there are a few linear elements reminiscent of COD style set pieces.

If you are interested in those scripts then please send me a PM and i will post the links, none of those scripts is from me by the way.

I just collected them to get those FPS style working on my future missions.

Sure, I'm always looking to expand my script library!

Edited by TheRev709

Thanks for your answer USRanger709 !

Just a example:

As i started the first mission i run to the defense post and there were enemys maybe 25m infront of me standing still (they moved a few seconds later).

And i saw two groups of enemys running at me in nice (funny looking) formation...

Immersion=0 for me.

Then i got shot by some AK sniper...reload...got shot again...reload...got shot again (did you set their skil up or give them sniper rifles ?).

I was about to quit the campaign already.

ArmA this way is far away from being a fun game or immersive in any way if you ask me. It could work in MP but not in SP this way.

Although i said to myselfe that i will stop usig the editor some time ago i will do one last try to get a immersive COD style mission done !

I will use Lingor and the SEALS (to celebrate something ;) ) as Addons.

You will be the first one to play it if you like !

The mission has:

- Automatic leg heal

- Medipacks

- Teammates with 5x health (they survive 5 headshots for example)

- Name tags

- Enemy accuracy reduced (longer firefights), spotting ability and aggresivenes incrased

- Enemys using a awareness script so they share informations better

- OA task hints ect.

We will see if the ArmA players will like it...

I just cant stand the BIS first aid modue or the standart enemy behavior (without some scripts). For me this breaks ArmA SP totally.

No immersion, no fun at all for me.

I will send you a PM with the scripts soon !

Thanks for your answer USRanger709 !

Just a example:

As i started the first mission i run to the defense post and there were enemys maybe 25m infront of me standing still (they moved a few seconds later).

And i saw two groups of enemys running at me in nice (funny looking) formation...

Immersion=0 for me.

Then i got shot by some AK sniper...reload...got shot again...reload...got shot again (did you set their skil up or give them sniper rifles ?).

I was about to quit the campaign already.

If they're running at you why is it so hard then ;) :P

Those guys' skill is set to the lowest skill level btw, as long as you're taking advantage of cover you should be fine. The point is you're being overwhelmed, and you're supposed to feel like it.

Clearly I think its working hehe.

The first level is designed to be linear, not the open world common to most Arma missions. Its the closest thing to COD you can ever get in Arma IMO, impossible to get closer due to the engine. I understand you wanted a more COD like experience, but common dude, this is Arma ;)

Play through the rest of the campaign, I promise you'll be surprised, as this is only the first mission :)

I will send you a PM with the scripts soon !

Awesome!

Hey Wiggum, is your avatar a picture of you?

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

also, here is a good piece of advise.

If it was easy to do, it wouldn't be worth playing ;)

Hi USRANGER709,

I'm at the first mission at Podagorsk. The objective, after to kill the communication officer, is to destroy the Anti-Air tanks. But when i'm in front of the first one, i can't destroy it! after 2 javelins and Satchel, it's still here. And the most strange is that i must let the IA to use the Javelin because i can't lock myself the target.

Have i missed something?

Hi USRANGER709,

I'm at the first mission at Podagorsk. The objective, after to kill the communication officer, is to destroy the Anti-Air tanks. But when i'm in front of the first one, i can't destroy it! after 2 javelins and Satchel, it's still here. And the most strange is that i must let the IA to use the Javelin because i can't lock myself the target.

Have i missed something?

Very weird, I always used the SMAW and had no problems taking out the SAMs. Did you kill the communications officer first? Are you using any other mods such as ZeusAI, WarFX, GL4?

Hey Wiggum, is your avatar a picture of you?

Yes, looks good eh ?

also, here is a good piece of advise.

If it was easy to do, it wouldn't be worth playing ;)

There is a thin line between challenging and unfair... ;)

Very weird, I always used the SMAW and had no problems taking out the SAMs. Did you kill the communications officer first? Are you using any other mods such as ZeusAI, WarFX, GL4?

Well, i have tried with only satchel, still nothing. Yes the communication officer has been well killed before and i haven't been spotted. So i have tried to check with the 2nd Tunguska (near hangar), this one explosed with the javelin, good! but next, back to the first one: still impossible to blow it up! :(

There are any condition to keep it alive? (enemy presence around?...)

I'm afraid to must restart all this mission