Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

check the rpt file kommiekat. i was stuck at the same place then i found i was missing the addon nim weather.

check the rpt file kommiekat. i was stuck at the same place then i found i was missing the addon nim weather.

I'd love to but.....well.....(hides in shame).....I don't know how to do that....

Is it intentional for the campaign to restart the current mission when an important person is killed? Every time an important person, be it archangel, EOD tech the game ends the whole mission, and erases all my saves. So I have to continually restart from the very beginning just about every single mission, and since each one of your missions have multiple tasks in them it gets tiring doing the same tasks over and over again from the start.

Or is this how ArmaII does things? If so.. completely new to me. heh.

EDIT: Nvm.. I remembered that I need to hit the ESC key for the menu, then revert to a save prior to the actual mission/campaign ending. duh... been playing all the OFP/Arma series for 10 years now and i completely forgot this.

Edited by heklos

I'd love to but.....well.....(hides in shame).....I don't know how to do that....

Hi, on Win XP this is my path - might give you a pointer on where to look:

c:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

The file has added content to it for each gaming session - so your latest problems will be at the bottom. Find the last occurrence of something that looks like this:

=======================================================================

==E:\Spil\Arma2\arma2oa.exe

=="E:\Spil\Arma2\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=E:\Spil\Arma2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@sthud;baf;@lingor" "-name=Joergen" -nosplash -nointro

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/03/31 21:13:55

Current time: 2011/04/03 11:56:19

Everything below this has to do with the session that was started at "Current time".

IIRC, you can even delete the file and the next session will create one for you - that way only the last sessions problems will be in it, more easy to pinpoint trouble that way.

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless

Mayby UsRanger709

in mission with importent unit wenn they die you should make a triger with info for player "importent unit is dead, load seved game.", and you get 10 sec to do this after that missions ends or restart, and must you start from begining.

Hi, on Win XP this is my path - might give you a pointer on where to look

Thanks man! I'll look into it now!

found the error. it was because of the nim weather stuff. i forgot to run it. im at the podagorsk mission right now. it is one of the best campaing i've ever played in arma2. good work ranger.

Hi, i've got the same freeze problem. How do you "run" the nim weather?

thx

Hi, i've got the same freeze problem. How do you "run" the nim weather?

thx

you will use it like any other addon. run the game with the -mod=@AddonName style. got it?

you will use it like any other addon. run the game with the -mod=@AddonName style. got it?

Hi,

thx but yes i've done that. Files was in the same folder than the others. Now i moved Nim weather's files in a new folder just for them.

I use a mod Launcher, i select all folders needed, but i still can't play the next mission, games freezes. :(

EDIT: Well, i found the .rpt file: at the end i can read many times:

Missing addons detected:

rh_mk18

Are RH weapons packs not supposed to be just optional?

Well, i will check if it works with.

Edited by Giuppo

i think ranger made it a required addon a while back. just install it and try it again. maybe it will remove your problem.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

btw i just finished playing the campaing. its really good. i wont give any spoilers ofcourse.

im waiting for the next one.

btw ranger, if you need any help for next campaing story (im not meaning the current ones are bad :) ) i really like to help you about that. i have some stuff , i told some of those to binkowski but i guess he's not interested in sf story campaings. if you want, u can contact me from here.

I confirm, rh_mk18 was the problem, all is good now.

Thank you, i know where to find next time i will have a problem (.rpt file)

i think ranger made it a required addon a while back. just install it and try it again. maybe it will remove your problem.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

btw i just finished playing the campaing. its really good. i wont give any spoilers ofcourse.

im waiting for the next one.

btw ranger, if you need any help for next campaing story (im not meaning the current ones are bad :) ) i really like to help you about that. i have some stuff , i told some of those to binkowski but i guess he's not interested in sf story campaings. if you want, u can contact me from here.

Glad, you enjoyed it! And I'm always looking for new ideas and constructive criticism, so hit me up with what you got ;)

And yes, I made the MK18 and SMG weapons pack required, because two of the levels somehow got those on their required addons list. Its an easy fix, but at this point not worth the trouble of downloading the whole campaign again until the first patch.

Greetings,

I am frozen at "Lightening" mission and my RPT file says:

Missing addons detected:

SJB_SAS_Units

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.SJB_SAS_Units

Addon bb_mercenary (entry ETaliban11) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon bb_mercenary (entry ETaliban11) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon bb_mercenary (entry ETaliban1) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon jsrs_m230 (entry M230) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon jsrs_m230 (entry M230) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon bb_mercenary (entry Desert_SOF_DA1a) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon maxxpro (entry MaxxM2) not found in the list of active addons.

[36885,1010.14,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]

[36885,1010.19,0,"MISSINIT","1M3-TF94-Metal%20Militia","takistan",false,true,false]

[36885,1011.49,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

No speaker given for Fedor Bulba

No speaker given for Karel Chlup

No speaker given for Kiril Novotny

[36885,1013.01,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 22"]

Face

Glasses

Glasses

Glasses

Glasses

Glasses

[37373,1019.32,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[37373,1019.36,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,4,153],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[37373,1019.45,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

Music s3 not found

Missing addons detected:

rh_mk18

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rh_mk18

I'm so sorry to bother you with this. I see the "Missing addons detected: SJB_SAS_Units"

and the "Missing addons detected: rh_mk18"

It repeats the "rh_mk18" line about 15 times all the way to the end of the page (using Note to open it).

I've downloaded those files three times and installed them fresh three times, making sure the files are in the addons folder within the main mod folder.

I've installed your campaign file twice just to be sure.

This time I am going to delete all RH mods, regardless of what they are, download them again and reinstall.

Could you kindly give the versions for the RH mods and SJB?

It seems the SJB also needs SJB Pack and not only that, but ACE_Core and ACEX.

Is this correct?

Thanks once again. I am getting some play with the first mission and now left with my pants hanging down............:eek:

hey kommiekat.

i'll tell you what i did. i just downloaded the addons from the links ranger gave on this forums at the first page. no problem occured for me. sjb sbs pack downloaded from that link and all the other addons. you are running the mod on vanilla arma2 co oa right? i mean no ace2 or acex?

I finished the campaign last night. Really enjoyable. :D

Make sure you have the rh_mk18_cfg.pbo in your addon folder also. I forgot to grab that from a separate folder in the 7zip of another RH addon, and it was not loading at all and I was getting the same type of error. rh_smg i think. Once i added the cfg.pbo it worked as it should.

Edited by heklos

@kommiekat - Yeah, it looks like the SAS/SBS and MK18 addons aren't loading. The current releases of both addons are what are used in the campaign, I made sure of that before release.

If it doesn't work again when you reinstall, try going into the editor to see if you can add the RH MK18 ammobox and the SAS/SBS guys.

And no need for ACE2 at all, thats only for the ACE config for the SAS pack assuming you're going to use ACE.

@heklos - glad you enjoyed it!

Edited by TheRev709

I've downloaded those files three times and installed them fresh three times, making sure the files are in the addons folder within the main mod folder.

Hi, the first couple of lines in your rpt-file are really central as they show the shortcut used for starting ArmaOA. You could try and see if that shortcut is really what you expected, ie. that it really points to the right mod folders?

-OP

So I decided to have a little contest among you guys:

Who can run the gauntlet in the best time?

Post a pic or it didn't happen!

The winner shall receive: Recognition on the first post, and a virtual hi-five!

The "Gauntlet" is the CQC Live Fire Range, which is the last of the three ranges you have to qualify on while playing 'The Stan' level. You have to complete the Gauntlet under a certain amount of time, as well as take out all of the targets in order to complete it. So basically, re-run the level once you're done with the campaign, and see just how fast you can run through!

Good luck!

Edited by TheRev709

Having an issue with the final mission on namlsk?

Its seems as though following the way point to eliminate the guy leads me to a road with a bunch of destroyed SCUDS and no one to be found. I have tested this with ACE2/GL4/zeusAI and on a vanilla install with the required addons to the same effect.

Lots of weird clipping too while underground at the comm facility there.

But overall great campaign! This was really well polished other than that issue.

I have a problem in The Stan misson,I can finish the rifle range and the gauntlet but everytime when I walk into the pistal range to begin qualifiy,my pistal mags all disappeared and I can't reload .

If I take M9,when I walk into the pistal range ,it become Glock17 and one m9 mag left,if I take Glock17 ,the G17 mags still become one m9 mag left.I have all the required addons and I'm running ACE2

Having an issue with the final mission on namlsk?

Its seems as though following the way point to eliminate the guy leads me to a road with a bunch of destroyed SCUDS and no one to be found. I have tested this with ACE2/GL4/zeusAI and on a vanilla install with the required addons to the same effect.

Lots of weird clipping too while underground at the comm facility there.

But overall great campaign! This was really well polished other than that issue.

I'll check the marker, but you're supposed to get inside of a helicopter at the marker position. The clipping underground is the map makers bugs, not mine.

Try running the mission without any non-required mods, might've somehow made the helicopter do something funky lol.

I have a problem in The Stan misson,I can finish the rifle range and the gauntlet but everytime when I walk into the pistal range to begin qualifiy,my pistal mags all disappeared and I can't reload .

If I take M9,when I walk into the pistal range ,it become Glock17 and one m9 mag left,if I take Glock17 ,the G17 mags still become one m9 mag left.I have all the required addons and I'm running ACE2

Welcome to the forums!

Just for standardization sake, once you start the pistol range it deletes your weapons and gives you an Glock 17 and one 15 round magazine. That way you have to use a pistol and not your rifle, and to ensure you have a pistol with a pistol mag.

The campaign wasn't designed for ACE so I don't recommend running the mod while playing it. ACE was not designed for SP, and I've had major bugs with it in past SP missions I made. Every time I've reported a SP bug in ACE, it gets deleted because they don't support SP. Besides, most of the things I used ACE for are now in OA (rucksacks for example).

Next time you run through the mission, just go from the first rifle range, then do the pistol range, then the gauntlet in that order. Don't run ACE and it should all work fine :)

PLEASE USE THE SPOILER TAG WHEN DISCUSSING PARTS OF THE MISSIONS! Not everyone has played this yet ;)

Edited by TheRev709

I'm still having those issues on Arma2OA no mods. I've only gotten the helicopter once so far in my multiple play throughs. I really wanna finish this campaign. :(

I'm still having those issues on Arma2OA no mods. I've only gotten the helicopter once so far in my multiple play throughs. I really wanna finish this campaign. :(

Weird, have you tried restarting the mission? I've played it on my end 3 times with no problems.

Notice the chopper will land just past the third dead SCUD, on the left side of the road.

What objective is showing up in your task bar?

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I've probably restarted it like 15 times already =\

The only other mods installed are weapon/sound addons.

Could it be the timing also?