Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

errm...gotta confirm this, same for me :(

Are you running any other mods like ACE or ZeusAI?

Are you running any other mods like ACE or ZeusAI?

nope, no ACE or Zeus, but some other minor mods like warfx and jtd fire& smoke.

nope, no ACE or Zeus, but some other minor mods like warfx and jtd fire& smoke.

Try disabling all mods and addons other than the required and optional.

Well, I disabled all mods than the required and the recommended but still the same...

The moment I click on that mission in campaign screen, the system freezes (gotta kill OA in tskmngr)

edit: the mission when it crashes is 'Ride the Lightning', the mission after 'Metal Militia'

Edited by @ST

I confirm this too, Ride The Lightning causes crash. And btw. great campaign, I've played only 3 missions but it was great fun :) Thank you for your work.

very cool campaign. have you thought about maybe using the newer blackops and mercenaries pack for OA instead of the old one? it might cut back on the number of addons needed as it contains blackops, regular mercenaries (for the cia guy, and maybe for the zargabad missions) as well as very nice US special forces in woodland, dcu and multicam. in addition, it also has a generic "middle eastern army" in 6 color desert camo that would be good for takistani national army/national guard units. just a thought.

this seems like a great campaign to try, but the numbers of addon mods needed ... Wow...

Will need to download the mods 1 by 1...

Apparently the new version of Desert Mercs for OA is not backwards compatible, I take this error on start:

Campaigns\sovtf94\missions\1M0-TF94-Intro.namalsk\mission.sqm/Intro/Groups/Item1/Vehicles/Item0.vehicle: Vehicle class G_Mercenary_Default27 no longer exists

Not your fault or anything, just means I have to download the A2 version :)

Good job on the opening cutscenes, sets the mood well, and I guess you've got enough comments on music volume. I typically fadeMusic to 0.2 or so when people are talking, just my 2 cents anyway.

I considered replacing the older Desert Mercs with the OA version, but that would've pushed back the release quite a bit (I use that addon in every mission, so replacing all of those units, faces, and glasses (headgear) would be a process . . .)

I'll probably get around to upgrading to the OA mercs, but that will have to wait until I fix all the major bugs, especially the Ride the Lightning crash.

Unfortunately its 0122 and I have class in the morning, so a hotfix won't be available until tomorrow :(

But I'm on it!!!

Edit: I can successfully load the mission in the editor. I"m playing through the campaign and am on Metal Militia. I'll finish it in the morning before class and see if I can replicate the issue. Otherwise, can you guys post your .rpt error (I think thats what they're called) file after the game crashes?

Also, can anyone else play past 'Ride the Lightning'?

Edited by TheRev709

Unfortunatley there is no error message, screen goes dark and then I just need to unleash fury on CTRL + ALT + DEL and after that it takes me back to my desktop without any window. :(

Screen stays black after cutscene when 'Spook' from SAS arrives by helicopter.

However, the last lines in my RPT say:

Missing Addons detected:

rh_mk18

This error didn´t show up ingame, though.

update: added mk18 pack and it works :)

Edited by @ST

Here is the instructions for Mando Missile's Air Support Console, although most of it is for how to put it in game, lol.

Thanks for that link.

Seems so easy now that I've looked it over and thanks for putting MMC in your campaign.

It was the first time to use it and I like new toys!

Screen stays black after cutscene when 'Spook' from SAS arrives by helicopter.

However, the last lines in my RPT say:

Missing Addons detected:

rh_mk18

This error didn´t show up ingame, though.

update: added mk18 pack and it works :)

That might explain it, I tried to keep all the weapon packs optional, might have slipped on in by accident :(

So for a quick fix, I'm going to make the mk18 pack a requirement.

Edit: The Robert Hammer SMG pack is also going to be required for one later mission. Now, these weapons aren't in game, but somehow they became mission requirements. Since this is an easy fix, I'm not going to release a fix just yet until the first patch, but ask that you guys download the RH SMG and MK18 packs :) (For the full experience you should download all the weapon packs!)

Edited by TheRev709

Thank you for your help :) When I get home I will tell you the results.

edit

Everything works fine :)

Edited by Tarkin92

Really love it.Very well put together.THe air support worked excellent.Called in the Apaches,they did their missile then gun runs as did the harriers.Never seen AI support work so well before.Big thumbs up.

Oh checked the armaoa.rpt for the crash on 'Metal Militia' turns out I did not load the folder with the maxxpro addon. Thought I had it in there. heh.

The pistol range error:

The script error is a zero divisor in line 29 of popup2.sqf. When it happens the hit counter goes down each time, and counts the ones that did not rise as a miss. Which is probably expected since a Hit never occurred.

Count 1 error on the gauntlet run.

Oh checked the armaoa.rpt for the crash on 'Metal Militia' turns out I did not load the folder with the maxxpro addon. Thought I had it in there. heh.

The pistol range error:

The script error is a zero divisor in line 29 of popup2.sqf. When it happens the hit counter goes down each time, and counts the ones that did not rise as a miss. Which is probably expected since a Hit never occurred.

Count 1 error on the gauntlet run.

Yeah, for some reason that bug is sporadic. I had help creating that script, and at first it worked fine, but then I noticed the occasional target not popping up. As for now, enough targets do pop up to qualify, and if you need to you can go through the qualification again. I'll look into once I take care of the major bugs :)

I wouldn't stress too much over a few bugs. After I released my campaign last month, I was amazed at the weird problems that people found that I never ran into :D You clearly put a lot of solid effort into this, and I look forward to playing all of it.

Thanks AZCoder, glad you're enjoying it :D I'm bout to buy Portal 2 and give myself a little vacation from Arma 2 lol

Didn't realize it, but in the title I put [CAMP/OA] when its actually for Combined Operations, just wanted to let you guys know.

I loved your campaign AZCoder, if its wasn't for guys like us, the single player side of Arma 2 would suck.

edit, for got to mention the work of Zipper5 and bardsy. In all honesty, if they could sale our work to all the kids on xbox, we would redefine the whole industry. Socom 4 was boring, and I had more fun playing your campaign.

Edited by Sick1

I am experiencing a problem in the first mission:

After striking back the attack at the fob, i need to kill the mortar spotters while I am under mortar fire. The problem is, that the 2nd mortar hit alsways hits me and I die. Is this usual or does this problem come from my used AI/Gameplay addons:

*group link 4

*Zeus AI

*asr (adjust the AI skill according to their class)

hey ranger. im having a problem with the mission after the metal militia. at the end of the mission, after cutscene game freezes. i have all the reqiured addons and also most of the optional ones (i only dont have the m4 with the laser). im running on vanilla arma 2 except those addons. what might be the problem?

btw, thanks for the super campaing mate. it is one of the best i played so far.

I am experiencing a problem in the first mission:

After striking back the attack at the fob, i need to kill the mortar spotters while I am under mortar fire. The problem is, that the 2nd mortar hit alsways hits me and I die. Is this usual or does this problem come from my used AI/Gameplay addons:

*group link 4

*Zeus AI

*asr (adjust the AI skill according to their class)

There should be three mortars that creep closer to you, the fourth one will the the nail in the coffic ;) The game was never tested with AI mods, so try it without the mods. However, I'm don't know how those can affect the mortar script . . .

Try picking up the M110 with TWS on the table, there are only two spotters and the rifle will help you pick them up faster. Don't climb up the tower, the spotters will then actually spot you and shoot you.

hey ranger. im having a problem with the mission after the metal militia. at the end of the mission, after cutscene game freezes. i have all the reqiured addons and also most of the optional ones (i only dont have the m4 with the laser). im running on vanilla arma 2 except those addons. what might be the problem?

btw, thanks for the super campaing mate. it is one of the best i played so far.

Are you running Combined Operations? You'll need Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. Also, find the .rpt file (there are instructions on this forum on how to find that), it will tell us exactly what made the game crash. In the meantime, try reinstalling the addons just in case . . .

Edited by TheRev709

found the error. it was because of the nim weather stuff. i forgot to run it. im at the podagorsk mission right now. it is one of the best campaing i've ever played in arma2. good work ranger.

I'm still stuck like the others after Metal Militia.

I get Skull Face cinema but after that, the next mission freezes up.

I'll wait for the next patch..........like waiting for my next fix of heroin!