Sign in to follow this  
Dionysos

Resistance questions. (aimed at bis.)

Which graphical improvements will work on the original islands?

Have those awful 'destroyed building' effects been remedied?

Are the buildings still with a cardboard effect when destroyed?

Can craters be made in the earth?

Have the hand textures been altered, they were dreadful, (they looked sort of like gloves)?

Are car-bombs featued?

Are civilian oil-tankers featured?

Will there be knives?

Will there be petrol bombs?

How many varieties of pistol are there?

Which new sniper rifles and sub-machine guns will be added.

Is it still possible for players to walk through solid items i.e plane engines?

What new boats will be added, any speedboats or dinghys?

Will new (civilian) aircraft be added, i.e passenger planes and helicopters?

Are there plans for another add-on; following the careers of previous Flashpoint characters?

http://images.ea.com/eagames...._02.jpg

Look at this image and,

http://images.ea.com/eagames...._01.jpg

Now in all honesty: "Will Resistance be as good as Battlefield:1942?" (This is in no way an anti-Flashpoint comment. I am sure Resistance will beat it in many other ways, I'm just trying to encourage some serious graphical improvements.)

Maybe there should be an official expansion of the second world war. If so try to beat Battlefield 1942.

After that you could try a Roman/ Greek/ Egyptian/ Viking expansion (sort of like Age of Mythology in 3d) and last but not least a Napoleonic expansion, with musketeets, and cannons. (like Cossacks in 3d!wink.gif

the whole point of operation flashpoint is modern day warfare.

So no greek warfare.

This is'nt meant to be offensive to the Flashpoint team but just browsing through the breath-taking Battlefield 1942 screenshots make Flashpoint look like some old Amiga (or even the spectrum for that matter!wink.gif game. Improve those graphics BIS! Don't be lazy!! You can do it!

On the otherhand, your campaigns and missions and wonderful. They are very well thought through, very immersive and extremely enjoyable to play over and over again (as I do.) In that respect Flashpoint kicks Battlefield 1942 in the teeth. As my informations tell me. You have the ability to thrash it and others like it. (on the mission/campaign front, at least, good work!wink.gif

Knowing EA Battlefield:1942 will have about as much longevity as MOH, played it for around 10 hours, completed it, never touched it again. Got Opf June last year, played it for 100's and 100's and 100's of hours, that's all that I care about smile.gif

"the whole point of operation flashpoint is modern day warfare."

Flashpoint DOES'NT have to STAY in the Modern era. Which rules state that?

Flashpoint can be whatever the Flashpoint Community (led by BIS, or course,) wants it to be.

Flashpoint should jump to diffenrent historical periods to massively increase its' audience. This will give it a massive advantage over other first person games (inc. Battlefield 1942)

Personally I'd like to see an Ancient mythological expansion, others (namely members of the Invasion 1944 mod "fan-club" and Operation Vietnam will want to see war in Vietnam and World War two. There are others i.e those at Kosovo Crisis, Falklands Mod and Lost Brothers Mod who want present day. Everybody would be happy, the entire Flashpoint community would benefit (especially BIS). And we could choose a different time period in seconds ( I would prefer to alternate the "age" and place every so many hours I think.)

I think it's a wonderful idea.

"Knowing EA Battlefield:1942 will have about as much longevity as MOH, played it for around 10 hours, completed it, never touched it again. Got Opf June last year, played it for 100's and 100's and 100's of hours, that's all that I care about"

Have you seen anything of Bf:1942? I'm serious, I hate to say this but its going to KILL Flashpoint, unless BIS comes to the rescue pretty fast! It manages proper curves and everything. It's graphics look more like photos than anything I've seen. Though it does n't have missions it has big exciting battles, UNSCRIPTED!! This means everything is random it's like Flashpoint, but, a billion times more immersive, and REAL!(Like some kind of 'World-War-Two' dream) It's one of the very few games which will be on show at the E3 conference this year! Being non-scripted everything will ALWAYS be different presenting the player with an excitingly different game each time. This may prove to be unprecedented fun.

Check out this link! Look at the vehicles! Then look at Gamespot! Flashpoint maybe for it this time!

http://www.gamezone.com/topfram....nk=http

It appears to be everything that Flashpoint failed to be,

I desperately hope Flashpoint does survive! We need more expansions! It's to early for it to die!

Battle field 1942 is COMPLETELY ARCADE! It's for the kiddie audience.

lol ...... :

make a mod , we'll see what will bis say

and anyway the implementation of close combat in ofp is shitty and YOU can't do anything for it

where's the fun waiting 2 minutes before being able to shoot with a musket ?

where's the fun being on the first line during an infantry assault ?

where's the fun being killed by a phalanx while having a ridiculous saber in your hands ?

where's the fun when you can't run because of your body armor ?

where's the fun confused.gif???

edit : flashpoint has many engine limitations

flashpoint isn't an archeologic simulation

battlefield1942 won't kill flashpoint , flashpoint : resistance will kill battlefield 1942

battlefield42 is a shitty arcadish game that will let you pilot a plane like a stupid 2d shoot

battlefield42 is a game for the little kiddies that think that usa fought ww2 alone (although there are other nations in the game)

baf42 isn't representative of the ww2

battlefield42 is unrealistic : do you shoot down planes with rifles ? do you still fight in pzkpfw4 ausf. A at the end of the war ?

how many time did it take to develop bf 42 ?

how will it look on your comp ?

if you aren't happy return playing cossack (i love this game) and age of empire

and for your information , age of mithology is already in 3d like cossacks

what i said and how i said it is maybe a lil' bit harsh but that's the thruth , so now stop dreaming

Dude I hate to kill your dreams...but BF1942 will be 100% different from OFP. Why? Well most of all because it's a pure and simple arcade shooter....one where you run and jump around like a madman with your bazooka while shooting tanks.

How do I know this? Simple, BF1942 is the sequel to Codename Eagle (same developers, same gameplay...they said so themselves), and if you even remotely know that game, you'll know that it's the exact opposite from OFP's realism and immersion. A few weeks back their released a movie (not the E3 one) that showed some ingame action. Just like in Codename, you see people shooting while running & jumping around in Quake style, you see tanks being blown up by handgrenades and more stuff like that.

Yes it'll be a great multiplayer game (just like Codename) and yes it does look nice, but do keep in mind that the maps in BF1942 are MUCH smaller than OFP's maps, the viewing distance is MUCH lower than in OFP (as you can see in various movies and screenshots). So I can assure you, taking OFP's features in account, it definately looks much better than BF1942....especially when we get Resistance.

So you cant honestly compare the 2 games as they're completely different. OFP is a sim, BF is an arcade shooter....none of em will 'kill' the other.

Yea i saw that video.. hehe took like 20 rounds for a guy to die in close range.

"EA Battlefield:1942 will have about as much longevity as MOH,"

MOH was as scripted as Half-Life, if not more. Battlefield:1942 guarantees there are NO-SCRIPTS, play as as the media and the public audience want it to be Totally NON-LINEAR! If there's a dogfight above you it's coincidence. Apparently regiments "think" for themselves and change their objectives accordingly, following no-script in doing so of capturing the battlefield. They will skillfully take and hold hills/dugouts, board landing craft and transport planes parachuting and bombing; the game beggars belief. There IS NOTHING which can stop it know to mortal man. How can any game beat something like this?!!

I read somewhere that the "most advanced editor" ever is planned to be included, sounds very interesting.

"lol ...... :

make a mod , we'll see what will bis say

and anyway the implementation of close combat in ofp is shitty and YOU can't do anything for it

where's the fun waiting 2 minutes before being able to shoot with a musket ?

where's the fun being on the first line during an infantry assault ?

where's the fun being killed by a phalanx while having a ridiculous saber in your hands ?

where's the fun when you can't run because of your body armor ?

where's the fun confused.gif"

What are you saying Ran? Flashpoint is well and truely dead?

Sounds like you don't have any faith in Flashpoint continuing for much longer.

(Long Live Flashpoint!wink.gif

smile.gif

Whilst you say where's the fun in this and that, if all the units are at the same technological disadvantage the game would be more of a challenge.

If the game went into a Mythological perspective, even walking though forests would feel very eerie, especially in the fog. Giant armies of Roman legions against Spartacus's gladiator army, or a huge naval battle during the Punic Wars or for Salamis. Participating in savage Viking raids would thrash the idea of a present day Flashpoint, (the engine would do this very well I think). Slaying Giants, Cyclops, Harpies and going on divine quests as campaigns would prove a real exciting twist. It's the ONLY way for Flashpoint to survive.

GIMME A SHOTGUN

I think BF 1942 looks too cartoon.

If any game would beat OFP, it would OFP 2. OFP will never die out cuz games dont die out that easy. People are still playing Starcraft!!

Dude, you obviously have no idea what realistic and non realistic are. NOT saying ofp is realistic, but it's ALOT more realistic then that will ever be. It's like c&c renegade on a larger level. Completely arcadish.

" 2 games as they're completely different. OFP is a sim, BF is an arcade shooter...."

"Why? Well most of all because it's a pure and simple arcade shooter....one where you run and jump around like a madman with your bazooka while shooting tanks."

"Simple, BF1942 is the sequel to Codename Eagle (same developers, same gameplay...they said so themselves)"

Where have you read any of this? This is'nt wwhat they say AT ALL at their website! They claim it to be;-

"Battlefield 1942 looks to be the most ambitious FPS to date, and I have no doubt that they will pull it off in style."

"Our unofficial motto is, "We bring you the war, now it's up to you to fight it!"... The single-player game will not be scripted. It will be a free-flowing combat scenario with specific objectives. How you accomplish it will be up to you. What's even better, the AI will not be scripted...so you'll have to be extra careful...just because your AI opponent attacked you with airplanes last time, doesn't mean that's what he'll do this time."

" Will the guns reload according to their historical clip capicity or will it be like CE?

Yup…no 100 round magazines in BF1942…depending on the gun type (pistol, rifle, machinegun, etc) you'll have the ammo capacity appropriate for that weapon. But you'll also have a bunch of clips to use. And if you run out, just find a nifty ammo bin in a bunker or house to refill all your weapons."

And whilst they do say about things like various "stunts", have n't you ever tried them in Hidden and Dangerous? Or even on the roof of the boat in Flashpoint? They don't promise anything surreal at all. It could be argued MORE REALISTIC than Flashpoint, because they claim to move away from unrealistic a actions like "Grappling-hooks" etc. And they include a Land-Editor.

So far it's hard to say accurately what it will really be like, but it does n't seem to be what you say it is.

People said WW2OL was gonna be an Opf beater, didn't even come close, then they said MOH was gonna be an Opf beater, again didn't even come close, then they said Ghost Recon was gonna be an Opf beater, yep you guessed it, didn't even come close, as for this game well I'll believe it when I see it but I sincerely doubt it will come remotely close to having the complexity, atmosphere, longevity and uniqueness that is Opf smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ May 18 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People said WW2OL was gonna be an Opf beater, didn't even come close, then they said MOH was gonna be an Opf beater, again didn't even come close, then they said Ghost Recon was gonna be an Opf beater, yep you guessed it, didn't even come close, as for this game well I'll believe it when I see it but I sincerely doubt it will come remotely close to having the complexity, atmosphere, longevity and uniqueness that is Opf smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well said.

Trust me man....you have a completely wrong image of what this game will be like. I've read numerous articles about this game, and each and every one of them stated that the game will be arcade-action oriented. Stating that the game might even be more realistic than OFP clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about...

You seem to be focussing on just the info on the official page, which by the way never states the game will be anything remotely realistic. I took the liberty of looking up some of the articles for you....here are some quotes:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Set during WWII, the game features many of the same vehicles and gameplay as Eagle, and for good reason -- the game is being developed by Digital Illusions (a.k.a. "DICE"), with many core members from the original Eagle team working on it. <span id='postcolor'>

(ever played Codename Eagle? Ok...now compare CnE's "realism" to OFP's tounge.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"One of the lines we're using internally all the time is 'looks like Jane's, plays like Quake", says Balthaser.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As mentioned, the game is taking a decidedly arcade-like approach to retain a fun aspect to gameplay. Nowhere was this more evident when, in the heat of battle, I jumped out of my tank only to get sent a few hundred yards into the air by a nearby explosion. As I tumbled towards the ground - still alive -- everyone yelled for me to deploy my parachute, but it was too late - the tank picked me off in midair. It may not be particularly realistic, but these are the moments that gamers remember long after they've turned the computer off, and Battlefield looks to be filled with them.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When it comes to realism, it must be understood that Battlefield: 1942 will be a game and not a simulation.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the other side of realism, a battleship does not have a crew of two thousand in the game; it holds four, namely one forward gunner/driver, one aft gunner, and one seat in each of the port and starboard AA batteries. It has been a fine balance between realism, fun, practicality, and we have tried to isolate the most exciting elements of real combat. The game does not aim to recreate WWII through small details, but rather through the relative strengths and weaknesses of men and machines that fought in it.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok...if you're still not convinced after these quotes...I will release Shotgun-Ran's leash biggrin.gif

GIMME MA SHOTGUN GIMME MA SHOTGUN

tounge.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dionysos @ May 18 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe there should be an official expansion of the second world war. If so try to beat Battlefield 1942.

After that you could try a Roman/ Greek/ Egyptian/ Viking expansion (sort of like Age of Mythology in 3d) and last but not least a Napoleonic expansion, with musketeets, and cannons. (like Cossacks in 3d!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm already making a Middleage mod.

LOL! This game looks like a cartoon. Bat.1924 doesn't come even close to OFP.

One more thing. If u don't like OFP dont play it. It's as simle as that. Don't go and post crap like this. OFP is just too realistic for you. Go and enjoy your cartoonish game and please leave us alone.

Geez. Doom III looks like it's got some pretty graphics too.

Damn. Does that mean it's gonna beat ofp into the ground too?

lol.