roguetrooper

RogueTrooper Production Presents: Fun For Four, a sandbox map

Version 1.05

(only 250 kilobytes)

-> DOWNLOAD

-> DOWNLOAD

-> fastest: Fun For Four Co-04 (@)

No mods and custom addons required!

Don't be afraid, just download, install and test it in solo-multiplayer-mode. Leave the lobby-settings as they are for your first try. Their default is solo-player compatible.

RogueTrooper Production Proudly Presents :bounce3:

Fun For Four (Coop 1-4). Requires ArmA 2 and OA. No custom mods or addons required.

This is a sandbox map. It can be played in MP alone or in a group of 2-4. It can be played on any BIS map: Tchernarussia, Utes, Takistan, Zargabad, Shapur, Proving Grounds and Desert. A.I. group members can be disabled.

The playergroup (leader/human with highest rank) can place an OPFOR group anywhere on the map. Then place themselves anywhere on the map.

The Lobby allows to define 26 parameters: detailed weather- and environment settings, daytime, time limit, injury and healing options, enemy amount (= random between minimum and maximum), enemy equipment (tank, helicopter), OPFOR placement radius, time limit, player respawn limits, the task of the player group (destroy enemy officer or whole group) and several little other settings.

The playergroup starts with a HMMV, a Little Bird helicopter, an unplayable optional pilot (players are allowed to fly, too) and a weapon box that contains ALL weapons, magazines, backpacks and items available so far in ArmA 2 OA. Respawn point is within the HMMV. The HMMV can optionally be indestructable. If it is set as destructable, it respawns near the place where it has been destroyed. The helicopter and the unplayable pilot do not respawn. There are no other things on the map than the enemy group and the players with their start equipment (helicopter, HMMV, total-weapon-box). In the desert however, there are ten random towns around the pipeline.

Gameplay:

(1.) The playergroup can equip themselves from the weapon box however they want.

(2.) Then the human player with the highest rank can click anywhere on the map to create the hostile OPFOR group with the parameters from the lobby: amount, placement radius, equipment, skills. All OPFOR is placed randomly within the placement radius (formation or spread throughout lobby radius setting).

(3.) At a second click anywhere on the map the whole player group is moved into the HMMV and the HMMV gets teleported to that clicked position.

(4.) Do whatever and how you want to destroy the OPFOR target(s). With the lobby settings and the placement of OPFOR and BLUFOR, the players can play the map however they want: as snipers, as tank busters, as an infantry fight vs. OPFOR in a town, forest, desert, at night, rain, sunshine, fog... how and wherever you like. Everything can be selected in the lobby.

The difficulty is influenced by *the enemy amount and skills selection in the lobby, *if the enemy has a tank (T-72) and/or a helicopter (Mi-24V which is quite a beast with its movable cannon), * the respawn limit for the playergroup.

See the briefing for information. The 26 lobby parameters should be self-explaining.

Installation:

1. Copy all pbo-files into \YourArmaFolder\mpmissions.

2. Select the map "Fun For Four" from the map you want in the MP-setup-lobby.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Love the concept! This I will try with my clan buddies :) Thx

Dude, your download link has way to much advertisement that it actually blocks with thedownload.

Could you do another cleaner mirror?

Thx

Update: Version 1.03

Little fixes made.

Does anyone know a better free site to upload files?

Edited by RogueTrooper

This mission sounds similar to my old favourite "Cipher" - looking forward to playing it! :)

May I ask whether it's possible to create certain (optional) objectives like retrieving important documents/data (similar to Cipher)? It would give the scenario some more variety and it would prevent players from searching the whole map for one AI-soldier still alive in order to accomplish the mission.

Edited by Velocity

In the current version there are no other objectives than killing the OPFOR officer or the whole group. The AI is quite aggressive, they do not run away and hide :D

But probably soon I will insert some alternative objectives, such as looting a document or destroying a randomly placed thing or rescueing a lost person...

Currently it is "just" (has been quite a work) a compilation of maps to drop you and your friends into a quickly created combat scenario anywhere in the ArmA world exploiting ist vast freedom where you like with the environmental conditions you like and with a totally free choice of your weaponry.

Edited by RogueTrooper

You don't have to convince me that you've put a lot of effort in your scenario - I believe you ;)

Have you tried/played the mission "Cipher" yet? It might help you to understand which kind of objective I'd like to have implemented in your mission. Don't get me wrong - I don't want you to copy this mission but in my opinion its scenario is very similar to yours and therefore has great potential for all these players who are still waiting for a successor (kind of) with improved gameplay.

Is there a way to raise the view distance to what your have your options set to? It's stuck at around 2KM and it's killin' me.

Is there a way to raise the view distance to what your have your options set to? It's stuck at around 2KM and it's killin' me.

100% agreed - it's annoying like hell.

:confused:

There is no limitation of viewdistance implemented.

Can't you move your slider in the graphics menu to what you like?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Update. Version 1.04.

Hopefully final.

Tweaks and tasks added.

Hey RogueTrooper,

Thanks for this - it is exactly what I was looking for - a simple mission creator to teach my coworkers the game and generate some fast firefights when time is short.

I have noticed a few things though and please take these as ideas and not as a critique -

When we start the mission on Chernarus it starts us on an island off the coast with the ammo box and the little bird. If I place the HMMV inland and then we respawn on it we can no longer get to the ammo box or the chopper. Not a big deal and we can (and sometimes do!) fly the chopper over instead. But perhaps instead of an HMMV let us place an MHQ with an ammo box. That way we could respawn and change loadouts, and the mountain bikes are always fun. Just an idea and thanks for the hard work.

There is no limitation of viewdistance implemented.

Can't you move your slider in the graphics menu to what you like?

Hey,

I think your mission is very solid and fun. In multiplayer the view distance is automatically reduced to about 1800m to increase performance. A good script to overcome this is Deadfast's On-the-fly GFX Changer available here: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33827. It's easy to implement. Increased view distance also means increased engagement range for the AI.

The combination of your health regeneration script and the first aid module seems to cause some complications and sometimes when I revive units they don't recover and they continue to roll around on the ground. This was with AI units.

A 3 minute warning when your time is about to run out would improve the mission. Maybe look into something like this: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32326 .

If you intend to do another update I think you should allow for random start parameters i.e. random date, time, weather and number of opfor units. Maybe add and option for opfor to get a random light vehicle.

When we start the mission on Chernarus it starts us on an island off the coast with the ammo box and the little bird. If I place the HMMV inland and then we respawn on it we can no longer get to the ammo box or the chopper. Not a big deal and we can (and sometimes do!) fly the chopper over instead.

Please read the briefing carefully.

You can command the helicopter/pilot by the leader's radio menu, even if its pilot is not in your group. You can also group and ungroup the pilot for a more detailed control of it. So actually you can order the heli anywhere after you have been teleportet without it.

I could add an ingame action menu to enable the player to increase his personal view distance. I've done this to others of my maps. Didn't know that MP limits it by default (I hardly actually play).

Also a 3 minute warning before time out. Done this to other maps. Forgot it here :p

If you intend to do another update I think you should allow for random start parameters i.e. random date, time, weather and number of opfor units. Maybe add and option for opfor to get a random light vehicle.

I omitted random weather since you can create any weather-fog-time-combination in the lobby. When you feel about fighting in the rain at night - just select it :) In my opinion a random option for it was not necessary. But I might add it.

I know about this agony - health-regeneration issue. When A.I. lies there in agony "forever", you can shoot it. You are not considered as enemy when you kill friendly units (in this map). Maybe I also might an (unplayable) medic. But then I would have to exchange the cool HMMV against an uglier vehicle with a greater cargo space.

Please read the briefing carefully.

The OPFOR amount is already random. You have to fight against an unknown number of enemies, when you select different values in the lobby for <min amount enemies> and <max amount enemies>. The actual value ingame then is random inbetween those. When you select 10-10, you have 10 infantry enemies. When you select 20-40, you have an unknown amount of 20 to 40 etc.

I also thought about adding an option for an OPFOR light vehicle and about how to manage the players' ammo. Maybe the weapon box should be teleportet with them. With the helicopter however you can return to it (remind helicopter radio controls), but it takes quite a long time to cross whole T-Russia forth and back. And with enemy missile soldier or tankm alive you have to fly around them in a big distance...

Edited by RogueTrooper

In multiplayer the view distance is automatically reduced to about 1800m to increase performance.

I might be wrong but isn't view distance normally controlled by the server you play on? For example certain servers allow client-side settings independent of the scenario currently played on.

@ Roguetrooper: I would suggest to use the hoster 'Megaupload' for your files - it's faster and you don't have to wait that long to download your scenario.

Edited by Velocity

Version 1.05

(only 250 kilobytes)

-> DOWNLOAD

-> DOWNLOAD

-> (fastest) Fun For Four Co-04 (@)

* medic added

* task added

* ingame graphics menu added (Deadfast's GFX changer)

* enemies optional unarmored car

* healscripts compatible with agony-status (hopefully)

So far I have been too lazy to setup a more convenient download link. But two minutes waiting time should be doable :D

Edited by RogueTrooper

eyes opening game mode @@

this surely is gonna be fun and its gonna last for a long long time...

took it for a test run yesterday so far so GREAT!!!! will report any thing abnormal if found.

ty for ur time and effort, respect!!!

Edited by j rock

hey was playin with this, usin jtd build pos script it can spawn enemy in town module

bldgs 100 limit and 1000 radius. here is an example. i keep getting sniped. this is previous version sorry. set parameters to cover town areas north or south fully centered 1000 and use 100 enemy. keep u head low.. this is cool man thanks. seems i had to move the 2 grps out of the zones, or else the 19 town modules wont load.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/935041281

Edited by blackmamba

Really enjoyed this. No performance/viewdistance issues (I played only the OA maps) even with my low-end specs. I'm gonna play it some more again. Thanks very much.

Just a little question - does the option "sp default" within the grass selection refer to my local video or to the arma2 default settings?

Just a little question - does the option "sp default" within the grass selection refer to my local video or to the arma2 default settings?

"sp default" equals "normal" in your graphics menu

So there's no option which equals my previously defined settings @ video-settings?

Just use the ingame action-menu [ENVIRONMENT] and select the grass detail you want (five levels from disabled to very high) - any time.

Enough of grass now! :D

PS. I've added the ingame-action-environment-menu in the latest version, which somehow makes the lobby selection obsolete.

Edited by RogueTrooper

cant use enemies with vehicles they will spawn on and in bldgs. JTD would need to look at the script i used to put enemies in bldgs without the vehicles. maybe option to turn

off bldg_pos script when using vehicles. pretty cool tho 1 click and and they are in

bldgs waiting to ambush. i need an oval running north\south marker instead of the circular red marker , ill have to dig into your scripting to adjust it to cover north or south town modules i placed on zargabad map. 1000 length x300 width. roguetrooper this is very cool {genius}.

Edited by blackmamba

the simple first aid is not necessary and screws up the healing process so you need to keep reviving between 5-10 times per injured. just delete it. just my observation testing this map. Also could you add in say a scud launcher option#4? how bout search for weapon cache and IEDs also as option #5. useing preload on your towns would allow placement of modules a bit closer to each other

and it isnt necessary to label each town when you use preload module. i can jam all those towns together using just the preload\ synch.

not sure if you are aware of this.

};

class Item20

{

side="LOGIC";

class Vehicles

{

items=2;

class Item0

{

position[]={1028.1887,37.884949,1521.3875};

id=38;

side="LOGIC";

vehicle="PreloadManager";

leader=1;

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

synchronizations[]={38,8,5,1,0,4,7,3,9,6,2,39,120};

};

i run a version of your map online, on a server named wildcat... fun for ten. adding a sandstorm option would also add some realism.

Edited by blackmamba

Hi,

The mission looks great - it is kicking out a lot of report errors for me though. Here's some of the errors (edited, for brievity).

Error in expression <player removeAction radiomenu;>

Error position: <radiomenu;>

Error Undefined variable in expression: radiomenu

Error in expression <player removeAction ambientmenu;>

Error position: <ambientmenu;>

Error Undefined variable in expression: ambientmenu

Error in expression <

DFS_otfgfx_td_max = 5;

switch (count _this) do

{

case 1:

{

DFS_otfgfx_vd_def >

Error position: <_this) do

{

case 1:

{

DFS_otfgfx_vd_def >

Error Undefined variable in expression: _this

File C:\Users\Brian Hunt\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Jedra\mpmissions\FunForFour.Chernarus\otfgfx\otfgfx_scripts.sqf, line 56

Error in expression <nce DFS_otfgfx_vd_def;

setTerrainGrid (_tgDetails select (DFS_otfgfx_td_def - 1>

Error position: <_tgDetails select (DFS_otfgfx_td_def - 1>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _tgdetails

File C:\Users\Brian Hunt\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Jedra\mpmissions\FunForFour.Chernarus\otfgfx\otfgfx_scripts.sqf, line 108

Error in expression <isServer and (alive radar) and (not alive radarsmoke)>

Error position: <alive radar) and (not alive radarsmoke)>

Error alive: Type Number, expected Object

Error in expression <_box addmagazinecargoGlobal ["30Rnd_556x45_G36SD, _amount_magazines];>

Error position: <"30Rnd_556x45_G36SD, _amount_magazines];>

Error Missing ""

Error in expression <(END == 1) and (alive radar)>

Error position: <alive radar)>

Error in expression <not alive radar>

Error position: <alive radar>

Error in expression <!(isNil "radar") and (alive radar) and (playerheli distance ra>

Error position: <alive radar) and (playerheli distance ra>

Error in expression <alive radar>

Error in expression <!(isNil "radar") and (alive radar) and (playerheli distance ra>

Error in expression <_man selectweapon _weapon";>

Error position: <";>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <_all = ["SmokeShell,"SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellYellow","Smoke>

Error position: <SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellYellow","Smoke>

Error Missing ]

Error in expression <if ( (_task3 == 1) and (RADAR == 1) ) t>

Error position: <== 1) ) t>

Error Generic error in expression

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for RU_Soldier_HAT

Duplicate weapon NVGoggles detected for RU_Soldier_AA

Error in expression <if (!(paramsArray select 28) == 1) then { ex>

Error position: <!(paramsArray select 28) == 1) then { ex>

Error !: Type Number, expected Bool

Error in expression <if (PLAYERSTARTPOSSET == 1) then { exit };>

Error position: <PLAYERSTARTPOSSET == 1) then { exit };>

Error Undefined variable in expression: playerstartposset

Any ideas? I am running ACE and a shed load of other mods, but these errors look mission specific to me.