Sign in to follow this  
bitmaker

question for BIS

Not if applicable to this section the question that I do so I apologize, the issue is that I find a game that let me satisfied and as Bohemia Interactive is the developer of one of the only simulation game that marked me (all flashpoin-ArmA series I-II) wanted to know if they have any plans to develop space simulation game, saying it seems so simple "space simulation" no? Flashpoint also seem simple ... if only we call it a "war simulator", because if so then turn to the masters of bohemia interactive simulation to see if they are not interested in new titles and expand their creations.

This is a game that develops in hambientes galactic space where you can be free to travel to planets, trade, fight wars with space fleet or just a space warrior or a lonely space traveler, trader, explorer of planets, etc. all best first-person free style that gave fame to the house, something really different ... that seems so very little ... but I trust these teachers will know that I speak, you must give the magic touch, to explore planet must orbit the planet first ship in that place then planning fall and fall really !!... simply not already appear on the surface as do the other games, I want the thrill of piloting the ship down and then lose her panet surface, complete simulation and real (well, it's science fiction!), arriving to a business or enter a city and buy and sell trade actually do ambushes, run away to unknown places in the galaxy, dangerous belt asteroids, exploding suns, enfin think there is still much to do in this area.

bohemia interactive trust that would know how to do different from what others have done homes games, which have so far developed only play "straight" as movies, I think the games market is full of games that do not complete consumption expectations of all customers and still there are people who just want to live new experiences every time you turn on the computer to play a game.

original text is in Spanish, I live in Latin America (Uruguay) and not write in english.

thanks for reading.

i'm 99% sure that BI aren't going to make a space sim, they are making Take on helicopters and still going on the ArmA series (with patches and what not) at the moment

Their doing Gaia, which while not in space is a scifi and thus wouldn't be too big of a step to space sim. I doubt they'd do it tho, as much as theres a demand (the only good non MMO space sims out there are Freespace 2 with SCP and X3), it might not be high enough nor they have enough interest to be done. Shame really, with their moddability in ArmA series brought to space it could be a damn awesome game/sim.

Space games used to be big in the 90s, before WW2 and modern "tactical" shooters took over (almost completely, the market is saturated with them imo). I'm not sure if the target audience is still big enough for that kind of game, the way I see it, if there had been enough interest, a major publisher would have done it already.

I see it as an extremely compelling genre but hard to get right if you're just conducting the business of making games, it needs an enthusiast's touch. Interstellar Marines could well achieve that:

dhk-2Wb_IyQ

but other developers do not give something which have BIS games - easy mission editor

i also would love to see sci-fi or even strange (historic or what) game with mission editor "that i can do whatever i want myself" :)

only BIS gives it, BIS has no competition at all in this "creative gaming area"

I'm really seeing these titles they published and I see that few, really very little gender is pleased that he believed that he could do more to revive the genre, now that computers are powerful processors and video cards too powerful, but thanks anyway.

Knowing us, I predict if we would develop a space simulation, it would probably end up in something with realistic orbital mechanics, and realistic travel times. As there is already a simulation like this, we see no point in doing it. If you think such simulation would be interesting for you, be sure to check Orbiter.

Knowing us, I predict if we would develop a space simulation, it would probably end up in something with realistic orbital mechanics, and realistic travel times...

Quite possible.:rofl:

Knowing us, I predict if we would develop a space simulation, it would probably end up in something with realistic orbital mechanics, and realistic travel times. As there is already a simulation like this, we see no point in doing it. If you think such simulation would be interesting for you, be sure to check Orbiter.

So that means months or years of transit time spent looking at a star-filled texture through a 10cm thick window without a key to speed up time more than X4. Sounds like loads of pure fun to me :yay:

Although it should be said, that if this space sim were to have realistic aspects like that, then ArmA2 should have had a period of being out of work, joining the USMC in total desperation, months of training and then a week or so of transit time into theater. I kind of missed that part, so your point about "realistic travel times" seems invalid to me, as you left them out of ArmA2, and so some liberal use of the concept of time could be applied to a BIS space sim as well ... :butbut: :p

Edited by JdB

...and so some liberal use of the concept of time could be applied to a BIS space sim as well ... :butbut: :p

and some liberal use of guns... ;)

So that means months or years of transit time spent looking at a star-filled texture through a 10cm thick window without a key to speed up time more than X4. Sounds like loads of pure fun to me :yay:

By the time we reach the closest extrasolar star, BIS will have had time to release models and textures for it. A kind of relaxed summer job.

just for fun ... something i flew around using my top notch FTL skills

ca760_thumb.jpg06098_thumb.jpg53833_thumb.jpg13c38_thumb.jpg8b697_thumb.jpg

just for fun ... something i flew around using my top notch FTL skills

What are those screens from? :confused:

Nah, He obviously got them from BIS' private spacestation. :p

Dwarden, Are those from Orbiter? (i've not seen it before, so don't complain at me)

Dwarden, Are those from Orbiter? (i've not seen it before, so don't complain at me)

Yeah, that's what i meant...not copying image but playing Orbiter.

Edited by ProfTournesol

That's no Orbiter, as i fly it weekly i would have noticed if the eye candies were that nice :D

cold and wrong

screenshots

Is that the very impressive and unfortunately very crashy Celestia-like "Space Engine" ?

Edited by Sanctuary

That's no Orbiter, as i fly it weekly i would have noticed if the eye candies were that nice :D

Is that the very impressive and unfortunately very crashy Celestia-like "Space Engine" ?

hehe Sanctuary is the winner :)

guess my post in the forums on english site nailed me ;)

Vladimir is working on making SpaceEngine less crashy and this is not going to replace Celestia,

it's more aim for games compatible engine ...

very high chance he may release it on SourceForge as opensource ...