Fox '09

Task Force 121 pack by Fox '09

Im sure i can find a use for these :), with some luck stuff like this means people can pump out some high quality stuff quickly. Awesome work as always mate.

Great news that Fox will be releasing the great work he has done in order for others to finish it and have it available for use with ARMA 2. Been waiting for his units for a long while.

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get those black shades?

Those were custom made by lennard. It's a great pack, I'm just not sure if he wants to release it yet.

Hello Fox'09,

will you be releasing the units in the beta form they are right now?

thanks

Were those models that Fox was giving out to be used ever uploaded?

Sharing is caring, Mr. Fox.

You have my respect, sir.

hey fox its cool that your releasing these units, where can i download them?

Well, I was going to upload them, however my computer broke not too long ago and so goes my p drive etc. I don't even have OA installed because of some annoyances, though I will have everything back soon.

I'll upload them tonight, all if not most of it as it is. There may be some missing PBOs if you download them, so if there are significant errors report them and I will supply the missing files. They are not to be put on websites however, as they are very incomplete.

The files in question:

foxus_specialforces_2005

This one includes my most recent work, and contains 3-4 units I think.. a whopping 180 mb or something. Really, this is why I don't release my work until it is optimized. This isn't for playing online.

foxus_cia

This is a very recent WIP, and accordingly is not optimized. I think it only has one unit, yet is 67MB.

Edited by Fox '09

Oh sorry to hear about your computer, hope you did not lose anything valuable.

Hey fox '09 Im glad to see you back.

I'm sorry for you about that pc, Shit happens to good people.

Anyway this is good news looking forward to see your awesome work ingame.

Best Regards, astast

Thanks. I didn't lose anything too valuable, just time.

Here are the files:

SF 2005

http://www.mediafire.com/?axmi6qvjc2y7v6q

CIA (Intended for Lingor)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8h7rbdwmi888cyt

Read the readme. Don't upload this to websites unless you have permission from me.

Let me know what you guys think, and I'll address them once my system is in order.

My i7 920 failed on me, the underside turned black. I had to buy a new motherboard, and consequently windows refused to accept it. No data was lost, so all is well.

Hi Fox, I have tried out your recently uploaded trial versions and here is what I have found:

SFOD OCU - team leader (light) has untextured upper body and shows up as white,

SFOD BDU - one unit thts included has some sort of bug , there is a huge black triangle that is sticking out of the charectry right along his spine,

75th Rangers - dont show up at all after placed in the editor.

I was using ACE2, but not the latest one, v1.13.0571

Overall I really like the units especially the smooth textures and detailed gear, very nice work!

Will there be a full release in the future for Arma2?

I would really like to see a complete release, they would make a good addition to A2.

Also I can do other test if needed as i have some time on my hands.

cheers

Thanks. I have been unable to test them myself, If you can take photos please do so, I would be better equipped then to see what the problems are.

There will not be a full release, they are intended for ArmA 3. They will be improved upon however they will not leave this primitive state as far as optimization goes. I cannot guarantee future updates, though I likely will be working on them.

Thanks.

I'll try to fix those problems ASAP.

1. The shadow errors are only visible on normal shadows, I can fix it however changing the shadows to high or very high "fixes" it.

2. Black triangle.. proxy problem, easy fix.

3. Missing textures. I thought that unit had textures working, easy fix as well.

As for the 75th rangers, they are hiding somewhere, perhaps in the model.cfg.. no idea. They don't exist in this iteration, nor are they present in config.cpp. I'll try and work on that soon.

Thanks for the feedback :)

heh, yeah quite a few of them are really bugged unfortunately. When I said "as is" I meant it :)

thanks for the screens though.

I got OA set up finally, and tried RHS's units.. I'm inspired again, though it will be a while before I start working on my units in depth. I'll try repair the current units though. I have other ArmA obligations.

Oh, there was an error that came up with the ranger models in game, something about "Can't open file ***" I'll try to get the actual name of it for ya tomorrow.

I addressed that earlier; they don't exist. Don't worry about it for now.

Hey Fox, this addon looks very promising indeed.

EDIT:

Read through a bit of the thread to get a sense of what's been going on. If there's anything I can do to help with this project, please let me know. Really excited to see some fresh new US Tier 1/CIA SAD units in the works. Not sure who is going to take up the reins from here, but someone should! Keep me in the loop, I've never dived into the code side of Arma 2 unit addons and now is not the time, but I've done player skins for MoH, CoD, CoD2, BF2, etc., and I'm a designer by trade so I can definitely work the textures.

Edited by h34dup