Fox '09

Task Force 121 pack by Fox '09

WOW! Keep it up, these have got to be the best units ive seen. I'm already in love with them.

Awesome stuff Fox. And cameron, I see what you did there...

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy352/Alex_Klein/4.jpg >100kb!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy352/Alex_Klein/3.jpg >100kb!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy352/Alex_Klein/2.jpg >100kb!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy352/Alex_Klein/1.jpg >100kb!

I figured out the Camera System :D Still tweaking and learning but I have the basics down.

Edited by Foxhound
watch max allowed filesize for hotlinked images!

@Nike619

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

i saw the armaholic banner and i saw so many pics, i thought the units were released :P:P haha

nice work Fox, they look awesome :)

Not to be a pain but any Idea of a realese date? and also, are you planning on doing ACE Loadouts for them? If you would like I could take care of coming up with realistic loadouts and if neccesary I could put them in the config for you after you release them. Let me know if you want me to and keep it up fox!

It will be released when Fox says it's ready. Simple as that.

Not to be a pain but any Idea of a realese date? and also, are you planning on doing ACE Loadouts for them? If you would like I could take care of coming up with realistic loadouts and if neccesary I could put them in the config for you after you release them. Let me know if you want me to and keep it up fox!

Sorry, my eight ball says "maybe".

I'd love to take you up on the offer on a more serious note, though it will be a while from now. Patience.. The testing group has put things on the right track, but we've still got a ways to go. Medic, automatic rifleman, etc have nothing done on their side, let alone the bugs I am ironing out of the current set. When time comes, I'd love to have realistic equipment loadouts.. if there's no room for the item, it's not included. For example, the unit with the AWS strike vest only gets 4 mags, & 2 pistol mags. rest could be stored in a backpack.

In short, as GD Mast said: when it's ready :)

Because there is nothing better to do on a day like this:

capture2.jpg

That is awesome fox. Can you put that in the release please? PLEASE PLEASE?!

FOX im going to have to tell you its hard to remain patient when you give us all these pictures of these amazing looking units. lol. Keep it up man, these things just look amazing, its hard to belive these are for ArmA 2 and not some high tech game coming out in 4 years. What camo patterns do you all have planned? ACU, DCU, Tigerstrip?

Edited by Sup3r6F0ur
Grammer Error.

DCU, BDU,desert tiger stripe, desert night, jeans, and maybe if I can find a decent swatch, real tree :o (just kidding, though it may be present in the 2001 unit set).

The joint may work its way into Lennard's pack but I doubt it lol. It's just a simple tube, i'd have to put a little more effort into it.

Capture.jpg

capture2.jpg

effectively I took 4-5 days off, but now I'm back working on stuff. Here's a very early t-shirt (very edited arma 1 mesh, up to new standards). It's not uv'd or finished yet, but thought I'd throw it in as a preview. The other photo is of an AWS medic vest, trying to get a basic shape. I'm going to scrap this but if anyone has an AWS medic vest, let me know if you think it looks right.

Edit:

More stuff (4/9/12)

capture3.jpgCapture4.jpgCapture.jpgcapture2.jpg

Worked on the normals for the t-shirt, and did the reverse side of the parka.

Edited by Fox '09

When you release this mod?

When it is properly tested and ready for release is the most simple answer I think. That goes for all mods, I have only seen a releasedate a few times in 10 years.

When you release this mod?

When he thinks he should release them.

Please stop asking for release dates, that is considered spamming and spamming is not allowed on these forums.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Thank you foxhound. Come on guys, it was literally last page I talked about it. No mas, there will be no announcements about the release date here until ArmA 3 is released. Also my alpha testing team is complete and I am done taking in members. They will continue to test the latest revisions.

While I'm at it ill let you all know what's on the agenda:

Royal Robbins security "fishing vest" - model & uv complete

AWSIN Medic trauma vest

Blackhawk Rack & variants

LBT 0372A holster

knee pads (updated)

Gloves & forearm gear (GPS, map band, watch, etc) (some models done, screens to come)

Paraclete CVC & BALCS personal body armor

ANVIS-9 NVG to go with the mount

Edited by Fox '09

Fox, I noticed on a post on the previous page you mentioned the AWS Strike vest would be limited to 4 primary and 2 pistol mags.

Now will this be the only vest that has that setup, or will there be other vests that are similar to this where what you see on the vest in question would correspond to how many magazine slots that are available to the player?

I definitely think this is a brilliant idea if it is indeed being considered/implemented on a greater scale, particularly for playing out specific roles for any given mission (ie: light load/reconnaissance-based missions etc.)

Thank you very much for any answer you provide to this question, and in turn all the efforts you (and everyone else involved) is putting into this addon.

Fox, I noticed on a post on the previous page you mentioned the AWS Strike vest would be limited to 4 primary and 2 pistol mags.

Now will this be the only vest that has that setup, or will there be other vests that are similar to this where what you see on the vest in question would correspond to how many magazine slots that are available to the player?

I definitely think this is a brilliant idea if it is indeed being considered/implemented on a greater scale, particularly for playing out specific roles for any given mission (ie: light load/reconnaissance-based missions etc.)

Thank you very much for any answer you provide to this question, and in turn all the efforts you (and everyone else involved) is putting into this addon.

Perhaps the point behind your question was that it isn't enough ammo - I assure you it will be made up in buttpacks , backpacks & other gear. That aside, the vest will be also on a light setup with the royal robbins vest, for security detail or what have you. The body armor will be concealed in the ingame version, this is just for brain storming. The vest is in a rather sad condition right now as it isn't textured yet.

capture2.jpg

The royal robbins vest will obviously carry 2+ mags or so on top of the mags in the chest rig.

There will be plenty of vests, I want each unit to have a different setup, though the high intensity units will be provided with a similar line of gear as opposed to the light units which will have a more free setup as far as chest rigs etc. Now this doesn't mean that each unit is necessarily self sustaining with 10+ mags in his ruck, I plan to have the gear distributed among the units, especially with the ACEX & ACRE configs.. from wire/fence cutters to explosives.

As you noted I'd like to also take a note that it has been nearly one year since I embarked on this project, and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed and supported it. It's still a ways away from being done, but as I said, it will magically all pull together. By the time I've released these units, I will have enough gear modeled to make all sorts of addons.

Perhaps the point behind your question was that it isn't enough ammo

Not entirely, if anything I was actually hoping that there would be plenty of vests that similarly (as per the AWS Strike etc) have limited load capacity to "force roles" if you will.

Thanks for answering the question all the same, and I'm seriously looking forward to this stuff being released as it's pretty damn impressive thus far.

Cheers mate.

Not entirely, if anything I was actually hoping that there would be plenty of vests that similarly (as per the AWS Strike etc) have limited load capacity to "force roles" if you will.

Thanks for answering the question all the same, and I'm seriously looking forward to this stuff being released as it's pretty damn impressive thus far.

Cheers mate.

Oh absolutely. There won't be too many (if at all) high profile chest rigs for the light units, which generally means not too many mags. I'm still debating if I should make the light units somewhat undercover, so I'd like to hear from you folks if you want more undercover units vs ballcap units (with lighter loadouts) or what have you.

Last photos for the night, nearly done with the CVC armor. No AO shadow on the T shirt.

Capture.jpgcapture2.jpg

capture3.jpgCapture4.jpg

Shirt is still WIP so it's not attached to the trousers yet.