• North Korea
    • Dense Jungle/Swamp
    • Mixed Terrain - Jungle/Mountain/Desert/Plains
    • Cuba
    • Scottish Highlands/Coast
    • China
    • City/Urban

Yes.

Personally, I think there are enough desert/Afghan maps in the works. Just be patient.

This project should he something new, something different.

In general i agree with u DH but like someone mentioned before.... most of the other styled maps would take more time and if i followed the thread right one goal of it was to release maps within a specified time span. I mean i also would love to see more Snow/Winter maps or a more modern city environment but then u need to do custom buildings and all that stuff...and again someone said that would take a huge amount of time :<

I'd be all for a different part of Chernarus or a coastal part of Takistan.

I'd be all for a different part of Chernarus or a coastal part of Takistan.

Why not BOTH? ;)

In general i agree with u DH but like someone mentioned before.... most of the other styled maps would take more time and if i followed the thread right one goal of it was to release maps within a specified time span. I mean i also would love to see more Snow/Winter maps or a more modern city environment but then u need to do custom buildings and all that stuff...and again someone said that would take a huge amount of time :<

Which is why my vote is for North Korea/the DMZ or China. I actually have some other ideas, but for now I'm just giving what was put on the poll as an example. Personally, while a month sounds attractive to everybody here, I think two months would be better, as that would allow for RL issues and would also give us (I volunteered to help with this) enough time to either make the few custom objects needed, or find somebody else who would be willing to help do it.

None of the above

Sorry, I know that isn't helpfull, and I would infact be gratefull for any new map.

But I'd realy like to see a large land locked cerntral European style map, Having played since OFP days I'm realy over trying to believe that there is yet another European style island that someone wants to fight over, and although Chernaurus is good it would be great to have a map that was less puzzling to those that listened in geography class, ie no coast line to try and place.

If you guys are going for details and realism I stay with a Schmalfelden style environment.

If you guys want to have some fun and do something original to the Armaverse... how about this Red Dead Redemption's map (Don't shoot me)

I believe this type of environment is possible in our engine and would create some total new challenges to fight in, plus we can play cowboy vs tank :D

...plus we can play cowboy vs tank :D

Actually this is just the scenery we saw in the Call of Juarez:Cartel trailer.

Mexican border in ArmA2 anyone? :)

Pathetic Berserker is right!

And I have one exact location for you. It's part of Jeseníky area in the Czech Republic around towns of Å ternberk and UniÄov:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=49.758203,17.237206&spn=0.101581,0.3368&t=h&z=12

There are several interesting locations like:

armor shooting range: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=49.717432,17.318466&spn=0.006354,0.02105&t=h&z=16

regular shoting ranges: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=49.72716,17.322232&spn=0.001588,0.005262&t=h&z=18

a castle: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=49.837252,17.246625&spn=0.001585,0.005262&t=h&z=18

motocross circuit: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=49.817503,17.213645&spn=0.003171,0.010525&t=h&z=17

and many many more. This area has also quite rich history from WWII from German and Soviet side.

Personally i really don't matter what type of, what i would like to see more would be maps with like 25x25km size or even more, so real military tactics, support (of all kind) could be properly used for the first time.

I am well aware of the extreme work required for this, but i also wouldn't mind if such a map is not coming before mid-2013, as long as it comes.

My 2 cents.

i would like to see more of it!

so just start a thread when you feel comfortable with your media and all that

Im for Iraq or afghanistan too but with cool towns for CQB and green areas cause takistan have to much desert and to less flat ground.

that VSS maps are awesome

Im for Iraq or afghanistan too but with cool towns for CQB and green areas cause takistan have to much desert and to less flat ground.

Thanks! This type of environement is covering so many aspects:

-you have CQB and intense firefights in the town area,

-nice patroling in the greenzone ,

-getting ambushed by RSIED's on the roads,

-some sniping or JTAC from the mountains

And massive tank battles with air support on the flat areas

and much, much more since Arma 2 is already offering us so much ressources we can use

what do you guys think about starting a thread where we can discuss the concept a little bit more in detail, make some plans, work the ideas out, try to find some people that like the idea and want to see it ingame and get more concrete so that we can maybe achieve an precise concept which would make the work for the possible map-makers a lot easier!

PP

Edited by PurePassion

lots of people (me :D) do not own a copy of CO but just Arma II, please be aware of that :(

I like the idea of a UK map - I would like to invade Yorkshire!

lots of people (me :D) do not own a copy of CO but just Arma II, please be aware of that :(

OA has a lot of useful objects, other than the houses. Personally, any terrain done by me will use them.

of course, you could just play on Takistan and find these locations yourself, they are there :j: