Sign in to follow this  
Hogleg

Slaving 30 mm Canon off of the Tracker 5

I posted this question here before and can't find it or any reply so I will ask again.

Is it possible to slaving 30 mm Canon off of the Tracker 5? I have noticed when using my Tracker 5 in the AH-64 that the HUD moves as I move my head around. I understand that the AH-64 is meant for 2 people to operate that being said, why not control the gun movement with the tracker 5? Or at least track a target using the gun the same way using the Hellfires. I’m a ground pounder first but there are times I have to fly and if I’m alone it’s a bit harder to use the gun. Any thought or ideas? Thank you for any help. waddy

I posted this question here before and can't find it or any reply so I will ask again.

Is it possible to slaving 30 mm Canon off of the Tracker 5? I have noticed when using my Tracker 5 in the AH-64 that the HUD moves as I move my head around. I understand that the AH-64 is meant for 2 people to operate that being said, why not control the gun movement with the tracker 5? Or at least track a target using the gun the same way using the Hellfires. I’m a ground pounder first but there are times I have to fly and if I’m alone it’s a bit harder to use the gun. Any thought or ideas? Thank you for any help. waddy

you mean "manual fire control" action menu, be combined with "Free-look"[Alt key by default. but im bind mouse btn 5 for such fnc]btn ?

He means making the 30mm follow wherever your looking, but he just cited TrackIR as an example of its use. Or at least, that's what the ORIGINAL post (which he refers to) was talking about.

Simply put - No

Not in the BIS helicopters anyways, although I think there was something about it in a particular addon. Maybe it was Myke, but somebody did an example of a Cobra that had the system your looking for.

Simply put - No

Not in the BIS helicopters anyways, although I think there was something about it in a particular addon. Maybe it was Myke, but somebody did an example of a Cobra that had the system your looking for.

f8AFcUsm4YM

Some "issues" with the Missilebox took my full attention lately so that's why this is not released yet.

Myke;1900424']

Some "issues" with the Missilebox took my full attention lately so that's why this is not released yet.

Glad to hear you're still working on this.

I have to go to work now, I'll be back in 10 hrs or so and will try your mod then.:D

Glad to hear you're still working on this.

I have to go to work now, I'll be back in 10 hrs or so and will try your mod then.:D

We're sorry, the Forum Member you're trying to reach is currently not available. You may try it later or leave a message. We're sorry for the unconvenience.

Myke;1900487']We're sorry' date=' the Forum Member you're trying to reach is currently not available. You may try it later or leave a message. We're sorry for the unconvenience.[/quote']

How does it 'feel'? Is it hard to aim? wryneck?

How does it 'feel'? Is it hard to aim? wryneck?

To be honest, it feels awkward like hell. But i have to admit that i didn't do some in-depth testing, just testing general functions. Especially in higher zoom levels one micromovement of the head moves the impact point for tens of meters. It is just far too sensitive and probably i wont use it myself.