Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

The armour penetration module was removed as it was pretty old and untested and not intended for use. Macolik is currently reworking module and its features for a future release, it had been intended to be removed with 2.5 but was overlooked. As far as I know the module itself was just set to private so not available in the editor list, you may still be able to use the old version if you add it manually to a mission.

Thx. But.

The new version of mod module does not work, even if it is added manually from the old mission

We finished the mission - we cannot now put it. Because all begin use 2.51

The Mission of the Russian soldier, tanker

Against the "Tigers"

2q33tp3.jpg

15i5jdg.jpg

for flashpoint.ru

The new version of the mod without the module "Tiger" does not pose any danger.

All work is for nothing.

When will the version with the new module?

Edited by [AXIS] Armed Ass

Domokun: I have them all hehe, and it works ok.

However, I only use it ones in awiel, normaly I only use the Zeu_Ai.

And thats queit nice, as if you shoot a guncrew in a pak, then others will try and man it again.

Only problem is, that even units on the map that has a "HOLD" movepoint with a trigger that need to be triggert before they move, have a tendensy to just ignore it, and move to help it friends in need.

Loving this mod.. A great effort it has to be said. WWII has to be my favourite genre.

But I'm finding that when using small arms, it takes several hits to the upper body, and sometimes a whole magazine to actualy kill someone, unless I get a headshot of course..

Anyone else finding this?

Are you playing on "Medium" level? Because by default it has an option called Extra Armour enabled. IIRC this can be disabled or simply play on Expert :) Where it is disabled for you among with several other gaming aids.

I am so excited to play the mod but when i load it i get the error 'i44_base_effects' requires

A_Crane_02' . I have redownloaded it an installed it but that did not fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Twitch

I am so excited to play the mod but when i load it i get the error 'i44_base_effects' requires

A_Crane_02' . I have redownloaded it an installed it but that did not fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Twitch

Are you using Combined Operations with no other mods loaded?

operation arrowhead only.... i see the problem as i did not have reg arma 2 installed.

Edited by Twitchn

only thing that lets this mod down is the map size of omaha :( we need a bigger map!

I started with a 25x25km Utha Sector map but it will take several months till its in beta status!

Edited by Xantog

Wow, played this mod for the first time this evening and holy crap it rocks! Superb quality all around. This was a great change of pace from A2 and so well done. I'm happily stunned. Thanks!

why did you guys get rid of the armor penetration module? tank battles are shit now!

why is kellys heroes I44 removed? don't see it online anymore but it has been a while since I noticed it

If you are referring to the public i44 server it is offline as player numbers fell to zero. If you mean the i44 Yoma repo it is still active.

I ment the I44 public server. but yeah ok it's a bit useless paying for a server were nobody plays on, thx for the update.

The Mission of the Russian soldier, tanker

Against the "Tigers"

The new version of the mod without the module "Tiger" does not pose any danger.

All work is for nothing.

When will the version with the new module?

Well that Russian tank isn't ours and not balanced against our units weapons, so yeah, I doubt this mission will work either way, regardless of the modules status. Or at least not in any realistic way, perhaps just a happy accident.

why did you guys get rid of the armor penetration module? tank battles are shit now!

Because it was buggy, untested, and completely unused in all the official missions due to the state it was in, it was never intended to be available in its current state and no one in the mod at this point had any clue what effect it was having on gameplay. We removed it because we recieved just as many complaints before about it causing problems as we are about having removed it now.

We are working on a new system that will be replacing it in a future release. I'm not too sure how you can call tank battles shit now as they haven't changed in the official missions at least since 2.0's release, the only difference will be in custom missions that used it, and the experience you would of had, isn't one we would have intended.

I started with a 25x25km Utha Sector map but it will take several months till its in beta status!

Good luck with Utah, its a huge area to cover though... you might wanna try starting off with something a lil bit smaller. 25km squared is a hugggggge amount of work! Let us know how you're progressing though as we are hoping to include more maps with future releases.

Loving this mod.. A great effort it has to be said. WWII has to be my favourite genre.

But I'm finding that when using small arms, it takes several hits to the upper body, and sometimes a whole magazine to actualy kill someone, unless I get a headshot of course..

Anyone else finding this?

Which gun are you using here? Weapons were originally setup to use the wounded system whereby most hits would enter units into a wounded state, however the AI often bugged out of the state and would remain standing and other such interesting bugs, therefore we set the effect to players only. However this meant that some weapons that would have incapacitated a unit now only injure them, but for the most part they should be pretty effective still. Are you sure you're not shooting their weapons (which can block the shot)? If you can post on dev-heaven what weapons are affected and some info on how many shots AI are taking to go down from it and we can look into it further.

Good luck with Utah, its a huge area to cover though... you might wanna try starting off with something a lil bit smaller. 25km squared is a hugggggge amount of work! Let us know how you're progressing though as we are hoping to include more maps with future releases.

One "g" would have been enough! I know but I will give my best! ;)

(Well, second best!)

Edited by Xantog

We had a nice evening of PvP last week, and here's some feedback on the mod:

On the weapon damage issue:

It seems that most MPs don't do enough damage, even close up.

Personally, I only experienced that with the German MP-40.

I think it would be good to balance weapon damage for gameplay without the 'wounded system', as many people will prefer other first aid/wounding modules for whatever reason (either because they use converted missions with I44 or just because they like other features better, etc ...).

Weapon handling:

There were many complains about 'bad weapon handling'. People claimed they could not aim properly. (un?)fortunately, I was not effected by that personally, even though we swapped sides and I used almost every German/British small arm in the mod.

It is true that there is heavy sway after moving, but I think that's just realistic.

--

Overall feedback was: great models, great textures, great sounds, but the feedback on gameplay was mediocre at best (again: this is not my opinion, but the collected feedback of 13 players).

Anyway, keep it up,

cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Can anyone confirm the following mods work well with i44?

ShackTac UD : partial as overlay isn’t transparent but hashed in red!

ShackTac Collision & Evasion : seems fine…

GDT Grass : seems fine…

GDT HDR : seems fine…

JTD Fire&Smoke : seems fine…

JTD Flies : seems fine…

JTD Fat Rain : seems fine…

WarFX Blastcore v1.2 : ?

AI Skills & Rearming : ?

PvP Animations : ?

AI First Aid Support : ?

Limited Radio : ?

My research and limited testing suggests these mods are compatible with i44 but I’d just like to be sure before recommending them to our clan.

Naturally if you use other mods, please share!

I wish there were people playing online. Last night I saw a server with six or seven people in it but it was locked. Considering it was the only server with people in it, it was quite disappointing. I've only been able to play twice online with maybe 3 or 4 people. Hopefully it picks up.

AI First Aid Support : ?

I use the DAPMAN's ai support thing and it works in SP-ish. The AI can drag and heal wounded, but the player seems to be only able to heal but not drag wounded soldiers.

It's pretty cool though to see guys pulling wounded out of the fire during battle.

So with the i44 public server gone would there be anywhere that would host large PvE or PvP games now? I really want to try this mod online when i get my arma pc working again!

hello all

ST hud and GDT grass mod works very well indeed on i44 I recommend them.

As to the other mods you mentioned, I cant say.

Any other mods I tend to use on open servers also work well with no negative results, depending on the allowances of the individual server.

There were at least 3 or 4 servers running last time i played, and depending on time zones there are people (from 4 to 20) playing.

I tried joining the United Operation server recently which had 30+ players as an event that was running but was unceremouniously kicked off as i appeard to have cba and acre issues.

The mods seem annoyed with folks joining with many incorrect or out of date mods.

So, regardless of my mishap large scale games do happen. and it also shows acre works with it!

I found using i44 as a search in most launchers actually missed some servers, its better to look manually as the naming conventions dont seem to be being followed.

There's alot of i44 players out there, but perhaps some organisation is called for?

Rgds

LoK

just filter the mission name with I44. most servers are running the missions created by the I44 team (they put I44_..._.... in the missions name).

Clans could use this steam group to announce PvP sessions:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/i44

But as long as the gameplay is warping pos, I expect that servers will remain empty...

A possible solution could be to make a simple small missions without any particular scripting nor heavy vehicles etc. so that the gameplay would be as smooth as possible and playable with only 4-20 players. (When 20 players are online, the next map could be slightly bigger, for 10-40 players.)

So a small area/village that allows pretty instant action to get the game going on. There is no way in hell a server is gonna fill up when ppl have to travel 30 mins just to see the 1 enemy that is 20km away and to get killed and repeat that.

Server admins should allow a wide variety of FPS enhancing addons to be used to maximize the player base that could join their server. Shooting warping bots/humans with 15 FPS is hardly enjoyable and not everyone has a SB 2600K@5,4Ghz with SLI GTX 580.

PS. Do a similar user interface to change class etc like PR:Arma2 will have.

Those of you looking for regular I44 games Forgotten Honor community are running a campaign and producing a series of TvT missions based on the Coop's included with the mod, check out more information on their website here:

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

Just a quick note for those interested in 2.6 I've put up a post with all the media showing some of the new units we're hoping to squeeze into the 2.6 update, currently there's no release date set hopefully you won't be waiting too long, until then feel free to go drool over the screenshots and videos over on our public forums here:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=493.0