Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Nice to see more tanks.

Any plans to make Tank Destroyers; M36 Jackson, M10 Wolverine and Achilles, M18 Hellcat etc...?

And most importantly is the tanking experience going to be enhanced in the next version?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19452

Now the tanks feel like noisy tuna-cans which get shot by BB guns.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19175

Most servers enable 3rd person mode cos ppl QQ that other wise it is impossible to drive tanks. Which is BS, but still... anything that diminished the need of MarioKarting is good for immersion.

I don't agree with issue 19175.

I think it is great as it is now to balance the tanks vs. infantry.

If a tanker wants to see more, he should have to risk to turn out.

Balancing is up to the mission designer, equipment should never, ever be "balanced". It should be made as realistic as possible. If the system is realistic as it is now, then don't change it. If it can be made more realistic, then it should be fixed, if possible.

I don't agree with issue 19175.

If a tanker wants to see more, he should have to risk to turn out.

I think there is some room for improvement though I do agree with you partly. It should depend on tank and position how much you see. Afaik Shermans had a quite handy turning periscope with a wide fov for commander so he doesnt have to turn out. Now every tank commander has the same the narrow zoom-able miracle view.

One thing that helps the driver's view is to zoom-out, but imo this should be the default position and he could zoom-in if needed. Although once again it depends on the tank. Some tank driver view slits/periscopes had some wiggle room sideways which makes the fov wider. Some slits had wiggle room up and down as well.

Anyway, my experience is so far that if the tanker doesn't see enough he doesn't turn-out but starts to cry after the magical Tomb Raider view which pretty much nullifies all efforts for immersion, realism or for historical accuracy... and as long most of the servers out there enable 3rd person mode, this whole issue doesnt really matter cos ppl will circumvent it. It is like talking about rifle dispersion and spread and ironsight sway when servers run with aim-assistance and crosshairs.

Well, that's the fault of the server admins then, when they enable 3rd person view and thus kill immersion.

@Johan S: I'm 100% on your side there.

can someone please post a link to download this mod please

http://hoststuff.forgottenhonor.com/hoststuff/arma/FH_Addons/I44-ARMA2CO-v2-5.7z

Dimitri, I as well agree with Jason, and there by with you. But you seem to forget that the current viewslits/periscopes are not historically accurate/realistic. Not that they have to be totally 100% accurate imo, but some variation would be nice to account for some real life benefits of having a slightly moving periscope etc. and perhaps with some slight changes the Mario Kart drivers would accept the claustrophobic view that the tankers will always have, who knows...

And we have to take account that server admins usually go with the flow, so if ppl complain about not having 3rd person view in-game, they will eventually enable it, just to not to lose the player base. Imo it is BI's fault when they even give the option to enable this in MP.

Well that day's almost upon you :) We've been looking into it for a while, we've now actually got a number of voices ready to be implemented but the code side of things is taking a bit more time than expected. We had hoped to include it in 2.5's release but last minute problems have continued to plague its production. Hopefully we'll have them talking German by 2.6!

Thank you very much for this confirmation, PacUK! I always wanted to know if you guys were even planning to create German radio voice profiles but I never read a 100% confirmation that it really was in development.

No matter how many time you'll need - take your time to work on it. I'm happy to know that one day it will come, no matter how long it takes. :yay: :yay:

Your work definitely is very appreciated!

German Voices..

Yes a Nice addon wink:)

I am looking also forward for the next update

I can't wait.

Especially with new stuff to be added.

It's like Christmas all over again.

Oh yeah can we get a mod image added.

I don't imagine thats too hard to do.

Like: http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/135/files2/104703_1t.jpg

Keep the image shaped like it is.

Just change the image texture and add INVASION 1944 underneath.

Edited by DarkGuerilla

Pak, will there ever be another mission "officially" released with I44 where the Airborne use the challenge/response system from the Italy campaign back in OFP days? Or, does one of the community members need to contact the mission creator to ask permission to use the scripts from back then and just release a User Created mission in here?

Thanks,

So... are stug III's supposed to do this?

Yup, they are indeed

lol j/k looks like one of us (most likely me!) left the mass a tad too high :P

Did you post this bug on the dev-heaven site?

Just ran a quick test with the Stug vs all our armour units since I patched it for 2.51 to slow the turn speed, it shouldn't cause things to fly with the upcoming version. It does appear to have had a mis-calculated mass as Guy said, fingers crossed there aren't any other vehicles with the same issues, but if you do find any please do report them to dev-heaven. At some point I or someone on the team will hopefully have some time to go through all our vehicles and make sure they are correctly and consistantly setup so when rammed etc they behave accurately. For now though the stug is at least improved in this sense!

You should leave it that way for a laugh! That's awesome! There are bugs, then there is just awesome.

Pz2 and Stuart may have similar issues.

+ it seems that colliding with other tanks doesn't always produce any particular crashing sound.

Just to clarify is there a reason why the 2.5 download isn't available, something critical or does some more stuff just needed to be added in?

It requires peoples time and time is not always available. Patience please.

Jman;1927704']It requires peoples time and time is not always available. Patience please.

I think the original question wasn't about why the new version isn't out yet, but rather why the official *DOWNLOAD* of the initial version has been discontinued in the meantime.

I admit I find this rather odd, too, as I see people already starting to pass along unofficial download URL's....

Unless of course there was some kind of very serious technical, copyright/licensing or d/l bandwidth issue with the current version I don't see the reason why the download should not be possible still... After all, many servers have missions running I44CO, so it's only natural some people start wondering where to get it...

I'm not impatient, just wondering why...

Edited by daikan

No official files to 2.5 have been physically removed. Just the links in the 1st post in this thread. There are no related 'issues'.

Anyway standby for 2.5.1 release news very shortly I'm working on it...

Patch from 2.5 to 2.51 only:

-2.51 Patch Executable Installer

-2.51 Patch 7z Archive

Full 2.51 Installs:

-2.51 Full Exectuable Installer

-2.51 Full 7z Archive

YOMA Repository

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ARMA2I44CO-Repository/i44CO-Repo.7z

Huge thanks to Jman for sorting these all, and everyone mirroring them, please report any issues to our Dev-Heaven site!

yeahha better than the arma 3 news hehe.:p

thx for the hard work!!!

I44 updated on Six Updater Network.

Mod Info Page: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/b77690d4-5de6-11e0-8dbf-001517bd964c

Direct link to open the mod in SU: sixupdater://mod=b77690d4-5de6-11e0-8dbf-001517bd964c

15.3 MB delta, versus 170 MB official update release.

sent 15.32M bytes received 419.43K bytes 669.65K bytes/sec

total size is 1.38G speedup is 87.75

Homepage link fixed

Edited by Sickboy

Nice stuff but the German helmets still are messed up when AA is on which ruins the immersion. Turning AA off fixes it but the game looks terrible without it. Maybe a fix for next patch?

Cheers