Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

As simple as it may appear to be, the coding of a proper, or even mocked up bomb sight would be a hell of an undertaking, and as we have never planned on making a full on B-17 sim its doubtful you'll see it happen anytime soon. Though if you're willing to go and work on one we'd happily incorporate it when its finished.

While we do try to include what we can of the air war, the damage system for planes is very limited, the planes from the Few mod did expand the possibilities with custom configs and we're looking at refining them further in the future but definitely not until after 2.6 is released.

So until Take On Planes comes out you'll just have to make do :D

take on helicopters is the latest game BIS made, it's a helicopter simulation.

Hi all,

I come for some help

I can install version 2.51 of the mod 1944 invasion but the German and English voices do not follow, one of you could tell me how?

What about retexture the c47 as British?

Maybe for 2.7 :)

I can install version 2.51 of the mod 1944 invasion but the German and English voices do not follow, one of you could tell me how?

Covered it a couple times try searching the topic.

At first very nice mod I really enjoy play this mod and looking forword to 2.6.

But one question, will be the invisible helm bug with windows 7 fix or its not able to fix this bug?

At first very nice mod I really enjoy play this mod and looking forword to 2.6.

But one question, will be the invisible helm bug with windows 7 fix or its not able to fix this bug?

Disable AA in the video options.

I did the principal, but my command is Russian radio I have a hard, knowing that I do not speak English but uses the translations, you can make me a flower and give me a hand please?

Edited by zenvice

Works fine thx ProfTournesol

Edited by JannickHome

This as far as we've ever been able to find out is an ArmA2 & ATI chipset/drive issues, you can either disable standard AA or make use of FXAA to fix the problem. As far as we're aware their is nothing we can do to fix it on our end as it only occurs on very specific PC setups.

I did the principal, but my command is Russian radio I have a hard, knowing that I do not speak English but uses the translations, you can make me a flower and give me a hand please?

I have no idea what you are asking here sorry...

Sorry this is my translator malfunction :-) I said that I always hear the orders in Russian

but the atmosphere is in German now. How do the orders "radio" in German too ...?

Sorry this is my translator malfunction :-) I said that I always hear the orders in Russian

but the atmosphere is in German now. How do the orders "radio" in German too ...?

ahahahhah I though you was asking for a flower!!! :D

By the way,For infantry I suggest you a sound mod called "RUG DSAI" (or Dynamic sound AI) for random infantry speak, there's German language too. Search on Armaholic.

For radio sound I guess (maybe) we have to wait the 2.6 or 2.7... :j: Am I right?

I know it's kinda nitpicking, but be advised that USAF only exists since 1947, up until that they were USAAC (US Army Air Corps). Anyways hell of a nice Thunderbolt you have back there :)

yes I install this mod but I can not install the German language ... How did you do yourself babylonjoke?

2.6 has German radio voices in addition to German DAC voices.

There's been several posts on this topic about how to make use of the DAC/scripted German voices included in 2.51, however the main radio for OPFOR is still in Russian on that and previous versions.

ahahahhah I though you was asking for a flower!!!

By the way,For infantry I suggest you a sound mod called "RUG DSAI" (or Dynamic sound AI) for random infantry speak, there's German language too. Search on Armaholic.

For radio sound I guess (maybe) we have to wait the 2.6 or 2.7... Am I right?

AFAIK RUG DSAI for I44 was setup to use the original DAC sounds used in 2.0-2.5, these were largely changed with 2.51 and I am not aware of anyone having updated it so its unlikely it still works. The German sounds it uses are all from the mod itself not added I believe.

I know it's kinda nitpicking, but be advised that USAF only exists since 1947, up until that they were USAAC (US Army Air Corps). Anyways hell of a nice Thunderbolt you have back there

Actually to qoute from wiki:

The Air Corps ceased to have an administrative structure on 9 March 1942. As "the permanent statutory organization of the air arm, and the principal component of the Army Air Forces,"

So the name could be up for dispute, this is the case with a lot of things that we could include in the mod, however the most important thing is that you can distinguish between unit types in the editor, the faction names have 0 bearing on game play.

Finally yes, as SFG said 2.6 does include a full German radio protocol language set.

I know this have been covered before, but I just couldn't find it when searching the forum:

There will be significant improvements to the AI for 2.6, right?

-The reason I am bringing it up is that I have been playing around with inv44 in the editor for ages now, and the other day I thought it would be fun to go back and try the "modern" BIS units. The difference in the performance of AI was quite significant across the entire spector so to speak. Tanks prioritizing engaging other armor to infantry, distances of engagment, close quarter fights -you name it.

I love your mod, and if inv44 AI will be up to speed with BIS AI for 2.6 -then that would be great!

Yeah there were some minor fixes to AI (or more accurately our weapons) for 2.51, and very extensive ones since. In a few cases a bit too good so on a couple missions I've had to turn DAC's base AI levels down a touch to avoid headshot hell :D Hopefully 2.6 should be a lot more stable and enjoyable all around with many more gameplay opportunities than before.

Hey Guys,

I know 2.6 won't see much difference when it comes to planes,

and the same is to be said for vanilla Arma 2 - not an airplane simulation. seems like every time I make any suggestions involving planes, someone says If you want realistic air sim go IL2 or Lock on... Not that anyone said that here ;-).

That being said, I noticed an imbalance issue with fighters in this mod.

After testing extensively, i've thus come to the following conclusions:

Axis planes are vastly handicapped.

Not even slightly, but by a HUGE margin.

I have spent hours testing each aircraft, I won't bore anyone with all the somantics, rather i'll just get to the meat and potatoes:

-20mm Cannon needs to get a total overhaul.

in game it shoots very slow and arcs instead of flying straight.

next to impossible to shoot allied aircraft with it - even if you wait until you are within 20m of the aircraft the rounds jump over the aircraft and fire too slow to be able to lead properly.

Let's look at some specs for this and compare it to the M2 browning that P-51 used:

MG 151/20

RoF - 740 rpm

Muzzle - 960 m/sec

AN/M2

RoF - 750-850 rpm (keep in mind rof was reduced on these aircraft as to not wear out the bore after a few thousand rounds so 750 rpm was more typical of the mustang)

Muzzle - 890 m/sec

So both guns are close in RoF - having the AN/M2 edging slightly, while the MG151/20

has a noticeably faster muzzle velocity.

All in all, the 20mm cannon should fire faster (as in rounds travel at a higher rate of speed) and have approximately the same RoF. in game it is like you are tossing pebbles out the window!

Many accounts of WWII Luftwaffe pilots state that the 20mm cannon was their bread and butter, and used almost exclusively to shoot down planes. They would close in very close, and the high velocity shells would tear apart an aircraft with very few rounds.

Compare the Axis planes in game to the Spitfire and Hurricane...

those browning .303's shred aircraft almost instantly! Granted they had 8 of 'em on board but most RAF pilots complained about the low damage and preferred a couple of hispanos's instead as opposed to 8 .303 machine guns.

Given the apparent blistering Rof the spits and the hawks have in the mod, consider the MG 17 and MG 81 and an even higher RoF and fired heavier bullets - even if most BF-109's carried fewer of them. All things considered, I think the damage should be beefed up in the MG-17, and scaled down in the .303's

To test all of this I set up a simple mission with each plane fighting an enemy plane in the six o'clock position from a couple hundred meters back. I noted how long it would take each plane to shoot down the other, and took particular note of number of rounds, spread of shot, damage, etc.

I noticed the spit and the hawk were clearly in the lead, taking less than 30 seconds to completely down the enemy. The P51 was next, followed shortly by the p-38 at about 40-45 seconds, and the BF 109's were about 1:30 +

I heard that Yak was designing/planning to add the FW 190????

If this is true please,please,please can it be the FW 190 A6? 6 x 20mm cannons would definitely even the playing field - especially if the 20mm hispano and MG 151/20 gets fixed. Or dare I say the A-6's were often known to carry 2 20mm and 2 30 mm, !!!

sorry, I rambled enough,

I know Pac, the few provided the planes...

But is it possibly after 2.6 to look into this?

AFAIK my clan deadly assassins runs the only dedicated I44 CO server atm, and EVERYONE that comes on the server tells me how much they enjoy the aircraft most of all in the mod.

My services are available to help you guys, that being said my priority is working on my current project - Ju 87 G-2, that I hope to see in the mod at a later date!

Cheers!

Yac not Yak and Gnat have FW190 not me.

Yac not Yak and Gnat have FW190 not me.

Gnat has been looking into improving the aircraft features for some future update of I44, he did release a video a while back showing some of the things we hope to implement across the planes. Unfortunately it is a hell of a lot of work, the Few planes as they are for 2.6 still aren't fully integrated into the mods file system, so we know theres a lot of inconsistancies between the planes built at various times for different projects (our original aircraft, the planes from the few, and new planes Yac has been working on for 2.6).

Sometime in the future we will be looking into balancing them all and where we can improving the units, but its not been a major focus for the upcoming release due to both the amount of work that has to be done, and a lack of understanding of how a lot of it worked in the first place. Quite when we'll be doing it can't really be said until after our next release so lets just call 2.7 the air update for now and hope we get there someday ;)

So thanks for the feedback, hopefully it won't get lost in the ether as theres some pretty decent reference there. Let us know how the plane comes on, we're always looking for modders to help out with our future releases!

Yac- I apologize ;-)

I know Gnat a bit.. I talked to him a while back referencing planes... I'll maybe send him a pm to ask him a few questions, as that guy knows a ton - whether it's 3d moddling, or writing script, guys a freakin genius.

Pac, thanks for the encouragement! I just am getting my feet wet into 3d moddeling, i'm learning at a fast pace, and i'm motivated. Thank's to the kindness of CSJ, I have a Stuka model to play with and i'm taking my time trying to get the modifications right. I don't think i'm going to go nuts on the detail, as this is my first real project in 3d modelling. What I really am gonna need help with is configuring the new cannon and MG scripts for the new editions. First things first though I need to complete the models, and uv,texture,skin and export it. Then comes the fun stuff trying to learn script, gonna be like learning Algebra all over again :-(

so without further adieu, i'm gonna take my leave and i'll update you all on my progress...