Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Is the beach still a steep water entry or gentle slope much like real ??

I've smoothed it out and let the water run a bit further up the beach submerging some of the obstacles, though its not as deep as I would have liked, the way water is handled the player tends to end up swimming in knee depth water which wouldn't have played too well. I've snapped a quick pic so you can see how it looks on the D-Day mission.

arma2oa2012010522280566.th.jpg

Please also give us a complete list with all groupnames (the names of the groups you can choose via editor) so we can spawn them.

There is a group list from a the previous version floating about though I forget whether it did make it to the class list included in the release. I'm hoping they'll be some time to expand the groups to cover all our new factions and if so we'll be sure to include any and all with the class list.

4 Things:

#1 Pac, you F*ing Rock! I've been playing WW2 mods across mutiple games for the past 10+ years, Xww2 (BF1942) Project Reality (BF2), etc. Not one can touch this mod! I give it a 9.5 out of 10! I've been trying to post for a week on the invasion official site forums, but haven't been activated by admin ( to let you guys know you rock).

#2 Question about AI Gunners.

I realize some of this has to do with the way the script was written for AI gunners to engage targets, however I noticed that for example In a Stug 42, if you order the loader to turn out, he will not engage ANYTHING no matter what you tell him to. The same thing goes with the radio operator in tiger,panther, etc. (the bow gunner) If you order him to attack, he tracks the target but does not engage with MG34. Is this something you guys are working on to fix in upcoming patch?

Again, I know it's default poor scripting by BI - like "engage at will" does not work, and if you see 10 infantry, you have to tell your gunner to engage each one individually.

#3 I play alot of I44 CO Warfare, but I noticed that half the planes are missing, p-38,ju-87,b-17, etc. my question is what does one have to do to add them back to the buy menu in the mission (if this question should be posted elsewhere, I apologize). It's just that my Clan (Deadly Assassins) like this mod so much, that they are putting it up on one of their servers and would like to add those planes back to the mission.

#4 may I have the contact info for whoever owns the rights to the Ju-87 depicted in your fine mod? I would like to contact this person and discussing a collaboration on this

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/art/rw/rw_ju87g2.jpg

the infamous ju87g-2 that Hans Rudel dominated T-34's in!

#1 Thanks! It's been a huge effort from a large number of people over the years to get to where we are and I'm happy to have been a small part of it reaching you guys, the work the team continues to produce still blows me away and we're really looking forward to getting the next version out to everyone.

#2 It's been a while since I've tried using a tank with AI rather than players so I'm not sure on the current state of things there, I did get shot by a radio operator on a tiger controlled entirely by AI the other night though so a non player commanded tank should work at least. In the new version compartments are open though so you can switch between positions quickly if you're really in a bind.

#3 Sorry Warfare missions aren't made by anyone on the team so there's not much I can offer to help there.

#4 The JU-87 was produced as part of The Few mod.

Although I'm not willing to act as a surrogate mother for you, I'm more than willing to express my very keen anticipation and interest in helping improve the mod through testing. So here is an issue I found in v2.5:

... I don't why, but when I run STHUD with Invasion 44 2.5, it is covered by a red filter made of thin, red, diagonal lines. It's almost as if the overlay is somehow interrupted by the i44 mod.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there a workaround.

I'm certain there's no conflict with other mods because I removed them all except @CBA;@I44CO;@STHUD

Sounds like the mission you were playing has a map area marker near origin.

So is Dslyecxi's theory correct?

And do you have a work-around for it?

Will this error be present in v2.6?

@PacUK Thats great news, means I can get the LCT Mk 5 in use as it ought to be.

and yes the BIS handling of water depths can cause some interesting visuals....

Sounds like the mission you were playing has a map area marker near origin.

Thats very possible, probably the center marker used for norrin revive on certain missions. As we have STHud in 2.6 as part of the base mod expect this problem to get looked at for our missions, custom mission makers will have to also be aware of the issues though. I know I've experienced it with some recent tests but hadn't been aware of the causes so I'll see what can be done.

hey Pac, not sure if this is your area or not, but i've noticed 2 major issues with the stuka in game. I've posted both problems in dev heaven, but thought i'd give you or anyone else a heads up on this issue.

#1 When you take off with Stuka, your rear gunner bails at about 100m altitude (whether or not gunner is AI or real person).

I've tested this with all versions of the stuka in warfare chernarus. Locking the cockpit does not prevent gunner from getting ejected.

I had a friend test with me 3 times, and all 3 times he was ejected from seat at around 100m.

When landing stukas, or hitting soft trees at low speed while taking off, the stuka turns almost 90 degrees up on it's nose.

unfliping the vehicle does not work, not taxing it, or changing directions.

Vehicles trying to right it by gently bumping it, just causes the stuka to burst into flames.

seems to be a balancing issue, where instead of shifting the weight of the aircraft to the front wheel, it flips on it's nose with the tail in the air.

I've tested this aircraft extensively, with ai, with other people, and by myself. Seems to happen on almost all surfaces, and both problems are 100% reproducible.

The Stuka comes from the mod 'The Few' and we've never had enough people to fully integrate their units into I44, all we have been able to do is fix their MP netcode to have some functionality in MP at all. This is also the reason we have planes with two different damage systems, the planes we made originally never had the extra damage details added to them.

We are hoping to do a lot of work on planes for the next release after 2.6, but with what already amounts to a whole nother mod's worth of content for 2.6 there really hasn't been time to address the issues of aircraft as well just now. Though Gnat has been working on some cool features for his FW 190 in preperation for the Air update.

I'll take a look at the Stuka just to see if the issues you mention are still present but can almost guarantee if they are, we probably won't be able to fix them for 2.6. All I can say is the Air Raid COOP mission I made using the B17, and a 'Few' other planes does play really well with the netcode, and as a gunner I haven't had the bail out issue in gunner spots so if it does turn out to be a quicky fix I'll try and sneak one in but no promises.

Edit: Just did a SP test and had no issues with #1 the gunner bailing out when AI, I'll try and remember to test it out in MP sometime soon. #2 Didn't seem to be an issue either, landed fine and drove into a tree without seeing a flip onto the nose. Its possible someone else squeezed some fixes in since 2.51 to them and I just plain forgot, or it could just be 1.60 patch + other fixed in 2.6 of I44.

Edited by PacUK

Hi

A small update.

It makes all weapons units (Mortars, etc..) compatible with the Artillery module (optional combined with Secops Module) provided with OA Arma 2.

http://youtu.be/Se-d_x_TKZE

The I44_SOM_MORTAR.Chernarus mission is provided in the package.

This file adds some units with dedicated crews (Mortars, Guns, ATGuns, ...)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/i44units.jpg/ > 100kb!!

See i44-classlist-v2.51 extended file.

How to use it ?

Copy file i44_base_z.pbo to your @I44 arma 2 folder.

Copy file I44_SOM_MORTAR.Chernarus to arma 2 missions folder.

Comments :

This package does not modify existing files, it just overrides the standard i44base_v configuration and adds an handler event to weapons units.

Download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3WIZLDX

Thanks to Invasion 44 team for this mod.

Edited by Foxhound
removed hotlinked image over 100kb!

This package does not modify existing files, it just overrides the standard i44base_v configuration and adds an handler event to weapons units.

Unfortunately it does change enough to not work with the upcoming 2.6, however if you can send me a pm with the info on what you've actually added to enable that functionality I'll try and get it implemented in our stock units to save the need for the extra pbo ;)

While we try to cram every last bit we can into 2.6 here's a little nugget Yac just sent my way...

i44usaf.th.jpg

Those look 100 times better than the last ones, no offense. Those are fantastic.

Those look 100 times better than the last ones, no offense. Those are fantastic.

I think the original air crews present in 2.5 were just from the Few, Yac since updated all of them except the US crews until now, hopefully we can continue to expand the variety of Air Force units as we go on.

My favorite plane finally gets some love.....*eyes water*

I just wish we had time to improve the planes for 2.6 but alas something had to be a casualty of the war to release, saying that plane combat is still a lot better in 2.6 than previous versions and there's also a B17 COOP mission that should keep you entertained I hope!

What,... do I spot a P47 in one of those pictures

Maybe... you'll have to wait and see!

Please bring us the Hawker Typhoon.

I beg of you.

I humbly beseech thee :D

Look what i found when searching this topic: here. :)

Look what i found when searching this topic: here. :)

Crumbs - my mouth just went dry. :p

It's bigger brother the Hawker Tempest was much more powerful but is historically less accurate as it was less active in 1944 (had just entered service so present in fewer numbers). But it did duke it out with the 262s in the infamous Rat Scrambles...

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody is working on bomb sites for the B-17?

Or if maybe the Axis will get a medium-heavy bomber like the he-111 or the dornier 217?

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody is working on bomb sites for the B-17?

Or if maybe the Axis will get a medium-heavy bomber like the he-111 or the dornier 217?

Not for 2.6 that's for sure. I don't know if bomb sight for the B17 would even be possible, ArmA2 isn't a flight sim so really not too sure why everyones gone quite so plane crazy past few weeks :D

Edited by PacUK

Not for 2.6 that's for sure. I don't know if bomb site for the B17 would even be possible, ArmA2 isn't a flight sim so really not too sure why everyones gone quite so plane crazy past few weeks :D

Dude, lol because I44 mod is da bomb, and WW2 planes are SICK!

i'm sorry, as a hardcore fan as I am with the tiger and panther, nothing beats the thrill of strafing an airfield, or bombing the crap out of a factory!

As for the bomb site, it would be easier than you think...

you would have to get rid of the clouds, as they are silly to be displayed at such a low altitude, and as thick as pea soup. Than you would have to change the view to a top down pov, with 10x zoom magnification, and add aiming reticles and numbers to the site.

The numbers would correspond to the airspeed x altitude, (just would be find to simplify it and leave it at that).

as far as hitting the mark, would just take a couple of dozen bombing runs in the mission editor to find out the formula in which the bombs land based on speed and distance. Then add the range scale to the bomb sites and voila you are done! You wouldn't even have to change any of the 3d models, just teleport your view to the site. Of course I would be more than happy to assist in this project, making all the calculations on bomb drop/angle etc.

Get rid of the clouds? They're there for a reason you know. Arma 2 is not a flight simulator, it cannot support very long view distances. So the low clouds are needed so that we can run the game without having a super computer taking up a whole room.

Arma 2 is above all an infantry simulator, the vehicles and aircraft are quite simplistic compared to dedicated vehicle and flight simulators. If you want an advanced bombing sight, your best bet is probably playing IL2 - Cliffs of Dover. (Which is a lot of fun, even though it takes a lot of practice with the bombers to learn to hit anywhere near your targets.)

infantry and ground bound vehicles shine in this mod and in my view the fun part about this mod.

aircrafts shouldnt be too detailed anyway imho since it really takes away from the whole ground part D:

Fact - ArmA][ is not aviation simulator. This does not mean you can not fly well was good air models

agreed, but that doesn't mean that you can't have semi realistic planes right?

After all the vehicles are bound by limitations just like aircraft, it's all in the configuration.

I never would expect Arma to have realistic plane sim, but new models are welcome, and you could still have a clear picture without clouds in your bomb site, that doesn't mean that other people still wouldn't see clouds