Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Can't seem to find it but is 2.6 projected release this year or next year?

That would be the same as its always been, when its ready. There's no point us rushing it out now only to have to patch it again a few weeks down the line (or the next day). With Christmas and New Years on us I don't know exactly how much time the team will have to get a 2011 release more likely that it'll be an early 2012 public release, that gives us a nice chunk of time to polish the release meaning we can go straight to work on 2.7 after without having to focus fixing the same bugs we know about now.

Pac would you mind if I had a go at some promo shots for ya?

spend 2 years on GFX school so ye, might be usefull and a time saver.

Can I have the addons earlier???? I once was in worthless-degree-school so I know how to make screenshots!

fixed :p

Couple more preview shots for you all, this should keep ya quiet Jon, you can see the new Hetzer, our British Infantry, the Cromwell, the winter version of the Tiger, alongside some German winter units, as well as a peak at the new maps (Omaha v2 and Winter Merderet):

promo261.th.jpgpromo262.th.jpg

promo263.th.jpgpromo264.th.jpg

promo265.th.jpgpromo266.th.jpg

Amusing edit Altimeter, but Black is actually part of the testing team with his clan ;) Black if you post any screenies you're happy with over on the beta forums we'll check 'em over, tag any that we like and repost here if they're up to snuff, grab me over on the private forums if you got any questions for resolution size etc.

Edited by PacUK

That blows the Day of Defeat Tiger model away.

Little bit afraid you will go "Iron Front" on us actually :D

Don't give zem ideas!

Great screens Pac, I keep my hopes up for You-Know-When release :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad they're going down well!

Little bit afraid you will go "Iron Front" on us actually

I f***in' wish... it would keep the people in RL off my back who keep telling me on a daily basis that I'm wasting my time and that I should get a real job like working in Tesco's, but alas we are still unpaid, which is why I will be applying for those shelf stacking positions near you soon, I just hope we can get it released before I get forced into that hateful 9-5!

Don't give zem ideas!

Great screens Pac, I keep my hopes up for You-Know-When release

Believe me it was an idea we had a long time back several times over, and it was a real kicker when Liberation decided to switch from 39-45 to 1944, way to add to the confusion thanks guys! (I knew we picked the coolest year!) I'm not sure what the 'you know when' release date is, so I'll pretend I know its June 6th 2012 so we can boast about an early release... or not.

Hopefully we'll be getting some footage or our new gameplay features & systems very soon, SFG has a great bit of footage to go with it we just need to lock down the interface and record it!

B@co just gave us a lovely Xmas present to slip into 2.6... here's a very small hint as to what it could be...

arma2oa2011122309483244.th.jpg

Square shadows? :D

Looks good through the window!

Square shadows?

The joy's of WIP ;) Don't worry its just using a lower level shadow LOD than its meant to, they should be round by the time you're making yourself a target in the windows!

Man, I'm setting up tent down south *cough*

Looking incredible!

If you think the inside looks good, check out the exterior...

arma2oa2011122314543023.th.jpg

Edit: For comparison - Google Street View

Man, I'm setting up tent down south *cough*

You missed a great opportunity for a church steeple/bell tower pun there, dissapointing! :D

Edited by PacUK

All looking good, great church - even if I am an atheist!

Nice atmospheric looking screenshot Macolik, shame about the jaggies - no FXAA?

Is that post-knocked-out smoke coming from the Sherman? New feature?

:cool:

P.S. I noticed the other day in the editor that the M8 Greyhound still has some issues with the main gun not turning with the turret - wasn't that supposed to have been fixed with the last update? Maybe a new ArmA patch has broke it again...

I noticed the other day in the editor that the M8 Greyhound still has some issues with the main gun not turning with the turret - wasn't that supposed to have been fixed with the last update? Maybe a new ArmA patch has broke it again...

I believe its an issue with the skeleton and the model being named the same so although the unit was thought to be fixed, the issue did still crop up randomly.

Amazing work as usual, i really love winter fighting.

Will it have only German Winter units as Waffen SS or can we expect some Wehrmacht's Volksgrenadiers?

Amazing work as usual, i really love winter fighting.

Will it have only German Winter units as Waffen SS or can we expect some Wehrmacht's Volksgrenadiers?

Right now we only have a Winter SS faction setup, but the insignia is mostly hidden under layers and only a few have the helmet marker so you could probably get away with calling them whatever you like in your own missions :) We'll be expanding the winter sets more as we go on with future releases and as time allows.