Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

very interesting. Where do you download such a thing?

*snip*

Edited by Max Power

Sounds good, kinda need it now for a mission though :P guess I'll have to get scripting

Where can I find the classnames etc for the mod?

2.6 Includes a very simple to use Forward Observer module which you can sync between FO units & Mortars (and when implemented other types of long range support such as artillery units) this system works really well and requires zero scripting so I'd highly recommend waiting unless you want a specific firing system for your mission.

Classnames are found in \@I44CO\I44-classlist-v2.51.txt in most releases, some distributions (such as YOMA depository's) may not include it, you can also find it on our Dev-Heaven page, and it will be updating with 2.6 (very few main class names will chage, but there may be a couple so just be aware to test with 2.6's release).

Any detailes shots of the new tiger? At the moment I still prefer the Sarmat / Day of Defeat one The details are still much better.

We did post a few screenshots of Vex-Man's new Tiger model with Snorri's textures a while back over here and here if I find some time to crank out some shots of the Winter version I'll post them up later. Theres a lot more detail in it than the old version (the main LOD is around 16,000 poly's compared to the old ones 7000).

Altimeter

Thank you for cooperating with my questioning. It is why you are not getting an infraction for your initial screen shots.

It is not permitted to mention "illegal" ports. Intellectual property is to be respected on this forum. I thought that project had halted. I am very sad to see it being distributed. To clarify: No discussion, no screenshots, no download links of unauthorized ports of game content, but thank you for providing the information I requested.

§20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Allright you actually think the Tiger model is still protected, unlike for example the "Stalker" Stuff from GSC. Fair enough, I wont post the link again.

But the Panzer III??? Why did you snip that aswell?

Altimeter

Because one studio allows its work to be used by others is not an indicator that other studios do as well. Mostly studios view their models as proprietary.

Furthermore,

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

To answer your question, I just highlighted the whole post and snipped it.

Any further questions about this moderation can be posed in a PM to me.

Further rule breakage will result in infractions. Thank you.

Here's an overview of the original and new version of the Omaha map as seen in the ingame editor, there's still a small bit of detailing left to do and a few buildings still to go in but the map is now largely finished and ready for 2.6! Note to mission makers, we will still be including the old version of Omaha so those of you who have made missions for it can still play them without worry, or if you want to you should be able to paste them onto the new Omaha v2 map without too much editing.

omaha.th.jpgomahav2.th.jpg

Edited by PacUK

Good mod, just tried it for a bit. I have a question, is there a way to let the German/British/Resistance AI have their appropriate generated names? Right now the Germans have Russian names. Just a small detail of course.

A shame there is no easy alternative to setidentity for just changing the names, with the setidentity command you have to set the face aswell if I am right.

Edited by Georilla

2.6 will feature German I believe. :)

Patience my young Padawan.

That's good to know, I shall eagerly wait for it. I've been out of ArmA 2 for more than a year ;). Reason I came back was because of mods like this and the game being pretty much bug free :).

Oh come on, only 3 screens?

Show us British Infantry, Cromwells, Winters units, STUFF! Pretty Please :)

Lovely screenis.

The first with the paras, the building in the background is looking awesome.

Oh come on, only 3 screens?

Considering how sick I am consider yaselves lucky to get that much! Expect to see more soon once I can breath through my nose again.

Can't seem to find it but is 2.6 projected release this year or next year?