Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Like I said the OFP-I44 Horsa Glider was fixed and finished by Reyhard, it wasn't yesterday but afair model looked a lot better then in unfinished vanilla I44 release.

Thanks for the suggestion, but even still its an OFP model these don't plug straight into ArmA2 so the amount of work it would require to implement would still be pretty costly when that time could be spent on newer content and features. As the new model is in production there'd be very little to gain from importing the old model only to then have to repeat all the oxygen selection work and configuration files all over again when the new one is finished.

Is there a list anywhere that lists all the vehicles that are already in the mod or are planned to be included?

The "Me 262 example" has shown that the mod has grown so much its hard to keep track.

Is there a list anywhere that lists all the vehicles that are already in the mod or are planned to be included?

There's the classlists that came with previous versions to show what exists, we won't have a full list of 2.6 until its pretty much ready for release. Though we have made a note of pretty much every new unit that will be included in this thread, there's bound to be a couple that haven't had screenshots etc.

The "Me 262 example" has shown that the mod has grown so much its hard to keep track.

More reason to feel extra sorry for Macolik or whoever else is lumped with writing up the changelog by going through our daily update notes ;) If you look back through this thread, or the 2.6 WIP thread on our forums, we've covered most of the new content that is pretty certain to be present in the mod, sometimes issues arise that prevent things from being included so we try to limit possible fallout of peoples expectations versus what we actually deliver. Best bet is to be patient and wait for the release and browse this thread and our public forums for previews.

HfJZ5c40vPU

Patrol, 21st December 1944, with German forces surrounding the town of Bastogne, a small American patrol scouts the northern line for German positions.

Crossing Point, 6th June 1944, British troops from the 6th Airborne Division attach a river ford as part of a larger offensive to control the German's movement of forces on the Eastern flank of Sword Beach.

Cool video, the terrain looks REALLY detailed.

I thought right after the one guy said "Oh Shit" at first, I though he was going to say "I have a big of milky ways"

I'm having a hard time finding any server that I can join to play Invasion 44 at my U.S. West Coast time, which is GMT + 8hrs. Can anyone help, please?

I'm having a hard time finding any server that I can join to play Invasion 44 at my U.S. West Coast time, which is GMT + 8hrs. Can anyone help, please?

Whizkid- are you looking for a massive amount of players or just a squad to join or something? I know of myself (central US) and two more guys (East Coast) that play I44. We could re-open our server, but I don't know if there will ever be a huge amount of players on there.

Good luck either way.

@PacUK- great looking video. What radio pack is set on the British chaps?

Right now we use the same radio backpack model (from the US Paratroopers made by Yac) for all sides, hopefully we'll be able to replace these at some point in the future (post 2.6) with more accurate equipment for each faction.

I wonder: has anyone made a complete campaign with this mod? I've searched, but didn't find anything about it...

or do you plan to make a campaign and include it in the next release?

This looks absolutely amazing! Epic jump from 2.5 to 2.6. Went from awesome to.....well needs a brand new word to make because it looks just spectacular.

yeah, the video and sounds are very good.

very happy to see some extra green terrain, it's what this mod lacks the most (the right amount of ww2-france\holland-styled terrain)

I wonder: has anyone made a complete campaign with this mod? I've searched, but didn't find anything about it...

or do you plan to make a campaign and include it in the next release?

I'm not aware of any existing ArmA2 version SP campaigns that have been released for I44 by the community. We haven't had time or people available to construct one ourselves yet, though 2.6 does include more scenario's than previous versions and they are structured in a general order of 12 or so missions where some lead on from others (such as 'Aloft' followed by 'Paras' or can provide an insight into the mission areas (e.g. 'Operation Tarbrush' lets players scout the beach defenses of 'Landing' or 'D-Day').

This looks absolutely amazing! Epic jump from 2.5 to 2.6. Went from awesome to.....well needs a brand new word to make because it looks just spectacular.

Spectacular will do just fine ;) We do hope that 2.6 will feel like a huge improvement over 2.51 a lot of time has been spent on refining the gameplay to raise enjoyment and encourage teamplay to improve the multiplayer life of the mod as well as providing a great base for the A2 community to add to with missions and scripts they may produce.

very happy to see some extra green terrain, it's what this mod lacks the most (the right amount of ww2-france\holland-styled terrain)

Macolik's been doing some amazing work with the mod's sounds for 2.6 its something that changes alot, we recently hit our 6th or 7th MG42 sound change since 2.51 so we hope by release we'll have a great sounds across the board where possible.

SFG has also been working on the awesome soundtrack to the mod and we've been integrating them into missions in various ways to keep them feeling fresh and providing some great atmosphere to the missions without just sticking them on loops and clashing against firefights, I hope this encourages those of you who mute your music in ArmA2 to reconsider as they really do add to the experience in my opinion.

The new and updated maps are now very close to being final and will hopefully give mission makers a lot more options alongside the unit types to produce a lot of missions covering a range of different play styles. I'll try and get a picture of Omaha v2's full overhead map soon once I finish decorating the last empty corner and rework the beach, there'll be a lot more decorated space to make use of on this new version.

So work continues, but we're definitely edging our way closer to a release, we've locked down most of the content now, trying to finalise missions and generally test everything works as intended. Its taking a lot longer than we hoped but I think its going to be more than worth the wait!

If anyone wants their IN44 Omaha map to look a bit more summery instead of autumny, then I can highly recommend this:

Summerpack v 1.0

by Bushlurker, Homer Johnston and Beton

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=97347

:cool:

It seems a lot more focus has been put on Co-Op missions. Now if I can only find a group/clan that would play regular I44 co-op missions

Whizkid- are you looking for a massive amount of players or just a squad to join or something? I know of myself (central US) and two more guys (East Coast) that play I44. We could re-open our server, but I don't know if there will ever be a huge amount of players on there.

Many thanks for the comeback, Raptor 6. I was hoping for a Squad or Platoon size that played weekends or something. I know ShakTac plays with a lot of people but they may be a little too serious for me! LOL! I'm an old guy with a fair bit of game experience in ArmA2OA mainly as a gunner for a Cobra Gunship, but Inv44 really appeals to me.

Is the I44 forums down? I sent you a PM there a while ago PAC, regarding SSG and testing 2.6 (you were looking for squads/clans that could test it).

It seems a lot more focus has been put on Co-Op missions. Now if I can only find a group/clan that would play regular I44 co-op missions

Just what I was looking for, too, Dynamo. Must be someone out there. Time difference may be a problem, though.

Hello. I have a question. How can I attach bayonet on the rifle? I can see it in the Gear menu, but there is no action to use.

press your left windows key and it will bring up a small menu. Also, caps is stabbing.

Just what I was looking for, too, Dynamo. Must be someone out there. Time difference may be a problem, though.

As is with all things, I found a cracking I44 server back in the 2.0 ArmA2 days that always had atleast a few players in... problem was it was Russian so everytime I got in from Uni they were pretty much finishing the mission

Spectacular will do just fine ;) We do hope that 2.6 will feel like a huge improvement over 2.51 a lot of time has been spent on refining the gameplay to raise enjoyment and encourage teamplay to improve the multiplayer life of the mod as well as providing a great base for the A2 community to add to with missions and scripts they may produce.

Well let me just say I will definitely be buying a server for this mod!

Hello fellow Invasion 1944-ists. I've been working on something recently. Namely a replacement mission for the current Scenarios>Range Training. Its going farely well but I've hit a snag with BIS scripting methods. I'm using their Shooting Range tutorial mission and modifying it for I44. I have so far been unable to find the control that allows the player to move on if X weapon is in their gear since I swapped it for Y weapon. I'm wondering if there is anyone who knows where that control is so I can swap the X for Y in that as well, which would allow the player to move on.

Hello fellow Invasion 1944-ists. I've been working on something recently. Namely a replacement mission for the current Scenarios>Range Training. Its going farely well but I've hit a snag with BIS scripting methods. I'm using their Shooting Range tutorial mission and modifying it for I44. I have so far been unable to find the control that allows the player to move on if X weapon is in their gear since I swapped it for Y weapon. I'm wondering if there is anyone who knows where that control is so I can swap the X for Y in that as well, which would allow the player to move on.

You can make a loop that checks their weapon and assign it to a global variable for comparisons

while {alive player} do
{
   yourVar = primaryWeapon player;
   sleep 3;
}