Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

@PakUK- I couldn't see that close on the American soldiers, but are they in there M1943 uniforms or still in their M42 jump uniforms ?(pertaining to the airborne to be exact) I believe that once Operation Overlord was done with and many US troops went back to the UK, they were being issued M43's with the new boots. Many pictures I've seen and studied show that they were definitely in M43's ( a darker OD #7) by the time winter of '44 came around.

Other than that confusion, looks great, ALL of the screen shots. Can't wait.

Yeah I haven't had time to convert the M43 version BigStone was helping us produce over to the winter set yet so the Normandy version is still being used, should be switching over to the new texture sometime soon though.

There's a couple new screenshots up on our ModDB page showing of the new Winter version of Merderet featuring American, British, and German units.

I don't think its meant to no, but haven't experienced it myself to say, I'll try and take a look into it sometime over the next couple of days and make sure there's not a big issue with a single round taking out large buildings.

I´ve swapped to latest CBA version from Armaholic (Build 167) but that didn´t change anything with regard to blast power of Fausts and Schrecks. When doing some tests in Cabourg (having weapon + ammo crates ready), it as said takes 1 Faust or 1 Schreck hit to down any building, including the large 2 story ones. When testing with german rifle grenades, it takes 5 GGpzG40 to down a house.

Maybe an ARMA X + latest patches issue? :confused:

Nonetheless I love i44 and looking very much forward to 2.6. :cool:

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

To compare, it takes about 2-4 Zook rounds to yield same FX.

That probably means the building's armor is too low, but its expected the the PzFasut would destroy a building quicker... the German AT weapons were all-around better at penetrating armor, so they do more damage!

I can't get this mod to work right. It can't see anything in the arma2 folder, which is where this mod is installed.

Using Arma2launcher -> run arma2:co with this mod and cba -> in-game it can't see any maps.

When i run arma2:co i can't activate this mod and cba like it is explained in the first post.

What can i do now?

[...] PzFasut would destroy a building quicker... [...]

if at all... infantry AT weapons hardly pack enough punch to bring down a building.

You can pierce a wall or two (creating an entrance whole about 15x30cm and maybe a second one a little smaller), but you can't deliver enough energy to bring down the structure, even with a whole bunch of Panzerfausts, Bazookas and Panzerschrecks. And that's for stonewalls. Concrete gets penetrated in a radius of 5cm or less.

Handgrenades inside (closed) rooms are far more damaging to buildings.

All that is according to German Bundeswehr training videos.

I can't get this mod to work right. It can't see anything in the arma2 folder, which is where this mod is installed.

Using Arma2launcher -> run arma2:co with this mod and cba -> in-game it can't see any maps.

When i run arma2:co i can't activate this mod and cba like it is explained in the first post.

What can i do now?

The mod needs to be installed into the game folder with arma2oa.exe so at a guess you're ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead installations are in different folders and the launcher is loading the ArmA2 content with OA's exe for CO.

You can pierce a wall or two (creating an entrance whole about 15x30cm and maybe a second one a little smaller), but you can't deliver enough energy to bring down the structure, even with a whole bunch of Panzerfausts, Bazookas and Panzerschrecks. And that's for stonewalls. Concrete gets penetrated in a radius of 5cm or less.

Damage isn't really differentiated between in the game from my experience, buildings need to have a set 'health' number, so damage from explosions of either 250lb bombs, or a round from a rocket launcher will affect it in the same way and lower that number until the building becomes damaged enough to sink into the ground and leave behind its set rubble model. The only real fix we can do is increase the health level so it takes more shots for it to happen, which is just a matter of finding a decent balance of damage taken and destruction of the visible model.

The only real fix we can do is increase the health level so it takes more shots for it to happen, which is just a matter of finding a decent balance of damage taken and destruction of the visible model.

Simply download

Try this small fix TenTimesIncreasedBuildingDurability from PvPscene that improves gameplay through increased realism
Edited by domokun

The mod needs to be installed into the game folder with arma2oa.exe so at a guess you're ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead installations are in different folders and the launcher is loading the ArmA2 content with OA's exe for CO.

The first post didn't make that clear at all. It says to install in the Arma2 folder. They should change that.

Will try it your way. Thank you.

The first post didn't make that clear at all. It says to install in the Arma2 folder. They should change that.

That's because that's how the game is installed on my machine and as I wrote the instructions, they generally follow the methods I used. The fact is there's countless methods of getting ArmA2 Combined Operations installed, we can't cover every possible method of installation or know how you chose to install the game on your end so we cover the most common method, but there should be plenty of information there to be able to work out how to install the mod to your specific installation if you take some time to look.

Didn't mean to sound blunt there, i appreciate the work and the writeup.

I read through the first post and followed these instructions:

-7zip Archive-

1. Open the archive file with 7-Zip

2. Select the 'Extract' button.

3. In the 'Copy To' line paste you ArmA2 root folder e.g:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

4. Click 'OK' to start extracting the contents. Once extracted you can close 7zip.

5. If you have not already, install CBA

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103871

for ARMA2:CO you just need to copy the @CBA folder to your ARMA2 directory e.g:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CBA

6. Run ArmA2: Combined Operations.

7. From the main menu select 'Expansions'.

8. Left click '@CBA' and press the 'Enable' button

9. Left Click '@I44CO' and press the 'Enable' button

10. Click 'OK'

11. A warning message will come up that the game needs to restart. Click 'OK'.

12. The game should now return to your desktop, and automatically restart the game with the mod loaded. You should notice the Invasion 1944 Loading screen if loaded correctly.

So this is why i installed everything in the Arma2 folder and not in the OA one.

Nevertheless, arma2 and all expansions are a pain the way it's setup. I've been around for plenty of years now and, as you see, even i don't get it 100% of the time. Let alone new players! :P

I was glad to read that the future patch of arma2 is going to put everything in 1 place.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Still can't get it to work! Not with- or without launcher anymore even!

Two folders:

\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Where do the main @I44CO folder and maps and keys go?

It did! Thanks, just played my first map online. Nightmission where you para jumped near an axis airfield and had to cap it. I was alone and didn't last long. But it looks very nice and feels immersive. I like that.

The german voices i find are not so good. Soldiers outside were calling for backup etc to eachother but it sounded like they all had the same voice, and were standing in a room. But i'm sure that such things are for future updates.

Hope to catch a good game maybe tomorrow!

kj81KqfwzDY

A brief look at two new missions and a new map for our upcoming 2.6 update. The first is an air raid mission set on Chernarus where British and American fighter pilots are tasked with bombing and eliminating enemy positions. The second part features our new winter British commandos - and winter map "Merderet" - attempting to rescue downed POW pilots in a pow camp near the French-German Border.

Do not quote videos!

A brief look at two new missions and a new map for our upcoming 2.6 update. The first is an air raid mission set on Chernarus where British and American fighter pilots are tasked with bombing and eliminating enemy positions. The second part features our new winter British commandos - and winter map "Merderet" - attempting to rescue downed POW pilots in a pow camp near the French-German Border.

I am so turned on right now.

Edited by Foxhound

When i try to use the weapon classnames (eg "I44_15rd_762x33_Mix_M1Carbine" etc) to fill an ammo box or with 'this addweapon' i get a config.bin error and no weapon showing in boxes?

Not sure if its been mentioned before or if it will be fixed in next release but thought id mention it.

Anyway awesome work, very impressive mod

I'm very impressed with the video but I can't help wondering whether focusing on fighter aircraft is worthy investment of your meagre resources.

While I'm all for more content, I think its fair to say that A2 is an infantry simulator above all else. It smells a little like mission creep.

Of course, if we do have the reources for more aircraft I dream of Lysanders dropping/picking-up SOE operatives, dropping/recovering arms & munitions from Halifaxes, parachuting Jedburghs from Carpetbaggers (black B-24s & C47s), etc.

I'm very impressed with the video but I can't help wondering whether focusing on fighter aircraft is worthy investment of your meagre resources.

While I'm all for more content, I think its fair to say that A2 is an infantry simulator above all else. It smells a little like mission creep.

Of course, if we do have the reources for more aircraft I dream of Lysanders dropping/picking-up SOE operatives, dropping/recovering arms & munitions from Halifaxes, parachuting Jedburghs from Carpetbaggers (black B-24s & C47s), etc.

Don't worry, I believe these guys got it all under control.

Btw, the immersive gameplay you get from being able to use all sorts of vehicles is what makes the ARMA series what it is if you ask me.. ;)

It looks like Hidden & Dangerous....pretty nice :bounce3:

What a great series. It oozed attention to detail. It focused on conflicts that are often overlooked. It also offered several innovative features.

I must admit that the witner camo is VERY welcome. I can't wait to try some Norwegian resistance type missions. Now if only we had a telemark mod...

When i try to use the weapon classnames (eg "I44_15rd_762x33_Mix_M1Carbine" etc) to fill an ammo box or with 'this addweapon' i get a config.bin error and no weapon showing in boxes?

Nothing to fix here, you're making a mistake in your scripting, I believe the commands you're looking for are...

this addWeaponCargo ["I44_M1A1Carbine",10];

this addMagazineCargo ["I44_15rd_762x33_Ball_M1Carbine",150];

I wouldn't really call one single bombing run mission a focus on aircraft. The planes we have haven't been changed since the last release and as I've said before we haven't had time to fix some of the issues they do have, but it is our hope for 2.7 to be putting a lot more focus onto them. Gnat has been working on enhancing the features for that, but it won't be part of the 2.6 release. But there is a demand for air based missions so I've been working on one (that took all of a day or two's work) just to have something new and different available to players.

Nothing to fix here, you're making a mistake in your scripting, I believe the commands you're looking for are...

this addWeaponCargo ["I44_M1A1Carbine",10];

this addMagazineCargo ["I44_15rd_762x33_Ball_M1Carbine",150];

Hey PacUK, if i put this in a units init

removeAllWeapons this; this addWeapon "R3F_FRF2_J8_DES";

i get the weapon

If i put this in its init

removeAllWeapons this; this addWeapon "I44_10rd_792x57_Mix_G43";

i get an error and cant preview.

but this addWeapon "I44_M1A1Carbine"; works

Ive been porting your units into a mission and the german weapons at least do not show in the box when other (mod) weapons do using the same script.

Anyway no biggie, just messing around with it

That's because "I44_10rd_792x57_Mix_G43" is a magazine, not a weapon. Classname for G43 is "I44_G43Zf4", I believe.