Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Invasion44 already contain FG42 in two versions.

Edited by Volsukh

There is indeed a scoped and unscoped version of the FG42 available to the German Paratroopers.

No the vehicle ammo was left out of 2.5/2.51's classlist, hopefully we'll have time to make one for 2.6's release documentation but we're currently working on bigger things than a text list which takes a long time to compile. You can retrive all that information yourself however by unpacking the mod files and browsing the configs.

For our 2.6 menu scene which features prisoners of war, I wanted to write something that not only encompassed the feelings of the prisoners, but those imprisoned by the war itself - the lives changed forever.

63e0AaWKfEM

Edited by SFG

Next up is a peak at the Battle of the Bulge mission 'Nuts' featuring the new map, our new winter units and our new foxhole object. This is another smaller 16 player mission.

Speaking of foxhole object: in the Ofp release there were two foxhole objects which - config wise - were basically a static APC with the gunner moved below ground and a short, clever script.

Will this be re-introduced in the future?

Here's a peak at the new PzKpfw VI E 'Tiger' tank modelled by Vex_Man and textured by Snorri for the 2.6 release:

tiger1l.th.jpgtiger2r.th.jpgtiger3yz.th.jpg

Regarding the old style 'foxholes' I did recently find these old models (I wasn't personally involved in the pre-ArmA versions of the mod) and thought they were pretty interesting objects too. There are no plans however for them to be re-introduced at this point, the old models just wouldn't stand up to current standards so would need to be rebuilt, but the concept of them is definitely something we'll look at re-implementing in some later versions.

Wow, a new Tiger? I haven't finished being impressed by the existing Tiger yet. Is it more detailed somehow? more accurate model?

Good job with the animations, whoever has done them, excellent!

Nice touch with the music SFG, it's not every day of the week you get a mod with custom, specially written music.

P.S. Pac, is there a chance that at some point in the future the shape of the gun barrel on the 75mm Sherman might be looked at by one of your mod modelers, it looks a bit odd, probably the result of it being made from the original Firefly model and the barrel being chopped down. No big problem, just something that seems to stick out when compared with the quality of the other models.

:cool:

Edited by archsceptic.
Editing

Wow, a new Tiger? I haven't finished being impressed by the existing Tiger yet. Is it more detailed somehow? more accurate model?

All of the above, Vex really went to town on the detail, its over twice as detailed polygon wise as the old model (but don't worry has several LOD's so won't destroy your FPS while looking pretty).

Good job with the animations, whoever has done them, excellent!

That would be Macolik he tends to do our custom anims and a damn fine job he does too!

Nice touch with the music SFG, it's not every day of the week you get a mod with custom, specially written music.

Totally agree there, SFG does some amazing work for the mod so I do encourage all our users to stop muting ArmA2 when running I44 to hear his awesome sauce soundtrack which just keeps on getting better!

Pac, is there a chance that at some point in the future the shape of the gun barrel on the 75mm Sherman might be looked at by one of your mod modelers, it looks a bit odd, probably the result of it being made from the original Firefly model and the barrel being chopped down. No big problem, just something that seems to stick out when compared with the quality of the other models.

Pretty sure its accurate to actual standard shermans (and the other models as well) the standard sherman did pretty much just have a long plain barrel with no muzzle break (I believe thats the term for the knobbly bit on the end), I'm guessing that's what you mean? But I'm by no means a tank gun detail expert, just a google image search fiend.

Hi Pac, I'll try to be a bit more specific.

The barrel of the Firefly's 17pdr is generally un-tapered running from the gun mantle to the muzzle break, whereas the 75mm Sherman has a shorter and tapered barrel, being thicker at the base of the gun mantle tapering thinner towards the end of the barrel.

As I said before, I think this came about on your Sherman model because the original model was of the Firefly (Marfy's model?) for ofp, and whoever converted the Firefly to a 75mm Sherman simply cut off the 17pdr barrel to the length of the 75mm Sherman.

It's no big problem - it's just always stood out when I look at it, maybe nobody else notices?

This pic is the best I can find of the shape of the 75mm Sherman' gun barrel:

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/UN/Canada/CA/Normandy/img/Normandy-p104.jpg

:confused:

Edited by archsceptic.

Really not sure then, I know for sure the model of the barrel is tapered (looking at it now in O2 definitely has an angle both side on and from the top). Not sure if its still Marfy's model as a base or if Mars rebuilt from scratch would have to check with him to be sure but I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him online!

Those new animations for the "outboard" mg34 on that Tiger looks great! Does this by any chance mean that the gunner of those outboard machine guns need to be 2turned out"? That would be awesome in terms of realism and all that

Great Tiger, a lot better then the ported from the ArmA. I especially love the Zimmerit on the sides.

Those new animations for the "outboard" mg34 on that Tiger looks great! Does this by any chance mean that the gunner of those outboard machine guns need to be 2turned out"? That would be awesome in terms of realism and all that
That would've good feature, because Hetzer was one of only tanks which could use the mg without commander getting on "turn out" in Word War II. That would add an risk to tank commander's and add a bit more danger to fight against enemy infantry. Edited by Leopard

textured by Snorri for the 2.6 release:

It looks good, although I hope some damage and dirt is going to be added to the paintjob, right now it looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

As I said before, I think this came about on your Sherman model because the original model was of the Firefly (Marfy's model?) for ofp, and whoever converted the Firefly to a 75mm Sherman simply cut off the 17pdr barrel to the length of the 75mm Sherman.

I wish people would stop talking about Marfy since he didn't do more for any I44 release than the Panther and Greyhound, both of which were a disaster to fix for the ArmA1 release, and some bits on the Stug III like detail texturing that was mainly the work of another ex-member. The Shermans included in ArmA1 and ArmA2 are the result of Marcel taking an old Sherman model, and using it as a mere basis to build the Sherman you can see now virtually from scratch. The original was done by a member whose name I can't recall and who didn't stay with the mod for long, but it was very old, around 2002 or 2003.

Almost all of the tanks that have been included in I44 releases every since OFP are the result of the hard work of the I44 team, Marfy only played a role in 3 vehicles, all of which have been thoroughly reworked or remade since he made them as they just weren't suited to use in a real-time environment like a videogame. His role in actual release-candidate content development has always been completely overrated, the main thing he did was motivate team members to improve their texturing skills.

Does this by any chance mean that the gunner of those outboard machine guns need to be 2turned out"?

Yes that is the general plan, whether or not it will be applied to every tank, not entirely sure, as its not something we've had time to test with the AI yet, who may not know that they need to turn out to make use of their weapons. We also need to check some sources to make sure we apply it to the correct vehicles etc.

That would add an risk to tank commander's and add a bit more danger to fight against enemy infantry.

For the most part these weapons were actually intended as anti-air defenses for the vehicle rather than one to engage infantry with, the main gunner usually has a turret mounted MG they could use through the sights for engaging infantry and some have the hull mounted MG's at the front too.

As long as it doesn't dissolve into good ole CoH-esque Hetzer spam, I'm happy.

As not many missions types allow the creation of vehicles this shouldn't become a problem, also the Hetzer is nowhere near as tough as the heavier armour with exterior mounted MG's so it should be a decent balance across the vehicles still.

It looks good, although I hope some damage and dirt is going to be added to the paintjob, right now it looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

I actually took the shots with an older texture and have since been given two newer ones by Snorri (plain and camo versions) I've taken a shot with the plain version and without our usual desaturation module so you can see the detail a bit clearer (though excuse imageshacks forced lower resolution bah).

tiger4z.th.jpg

I'd hardly call it talking about Marfy. We were talking about the tanks.

I think JdB just wanted to make sure it was clear very little if any of Marfy's work still remains in the mod and we have had and still do have some very talented modellers and texture artists contributing to the mod that these days but his name often gets mentioned as a major contributing factor when its actually other peoples hard work on show.

Thanks for the feedback arch!

Tried running it on a Fresh updated install of Arma2/OA and tried to make my own mission, no matter what It keeps giving me errors no entry;model optics or something along those lines.

No way to fire up a map :(. running community based addons in the load order as well with armalauncher.

Update: I'm trying to start it using the Combined opperations patch but when I load up the game, CBA and I44 don't show up in the expansions list.

I can't figure out how to get this running. Steam automatically installs my Arma 2 and OA into seperate folders and then just gives me this stupid command patch to try and deal with it.....

Edited by TristanYockell

Tried running it on a Fresh updated install of Arma2/OA and tried to make my own mission, no matter what It keeps giving me errors no entry;model optics or something along those lines.

No way to fire up a map :(. running community based addons in the load order as well with armalauncher.

Update: I'm trying to start it using the Combined opperations patch but when I load up the game, CBA and I44 don't show up in the expansions list.

I can't figure out how to get this running. Steam automatically installs my Arma 2 and OA into seperate folders and then just gives me this stupid command patch to try and deal with it.....

Put all of your mods into Operation Arrowhead's directory, then go into your Steam library and right-click on Operation Arrowhead. Go to "Properties". From there, you want to find an option to "Set Launch Options". Open that, and add "-mod=WhatevertheNameOfYourCBAandInvasion'44ModFoldersAre" to it, being sure to place a ";" between the names of both folders. Click "Ok" and you should be good to go.

I have a Steam copy of the game as well, so trust me when I say I've wrangled with the moronic system in place before.

Put all of your mods into Operation Arrowhead's directory, then go into your Steam library and right-click on Operation Arrowhead. Go to "Properties". From there, you want to find an option to "Set Launch Options". Open that, and add "-mod=WhatevertheNameOfYourCBAandInvasion'44ModFoldersAre" to it, being sure to place a ";" between the names of both folders. Click "Ok" and you should be good to go.

I have a Steam copy of the game as well, so trust me when I say I've wrangled with the moronic system in place before.

Ok, unfortunately I went and uninstalled everything because I got frustrated but your idea should work, thanks for the advice!.

Your problem stems from Steam installing the games seperately while the mod requires the combined install of Combined Operations, for the full thread on how to combine your installs check this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214&page=75

I've also been told that you can run OA with ArmA2 setup as a mod itself to achieve the same effect, as none of the mod team have a steam install we can not provide any direct support but its worth a try, you'll need to change the directories to your approriate installs but here's the example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@CBA;@I44OA;" -nosplash

A small sample of the new sound effects in 2.6, including the MG34 and Bren machineguns, 20mm KwK 38 L/55, Sdkfz 251, Springfield Rifle, MP40 sub-machinegun and explosion impact sounds.

wvdrhxK8vMk

Edited by Macolik