Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

My thought's were its a bitch on Tarbrush when you get hit and your buddies couldn't heal as the Commandos didn't have a medic class. There were no 'custom medic systems' available at the time of development (I'm still not personally aware of any in particular that wouldn't work because of it, the only difference is all of their units have the ability to heal not just a medic uniformed unit). Its more than likely to change for 2.6 with our new wounding system Macolik's developed but more info on that later.

Ok, i just like to use heal scripts to every player so its not a real problem.

I added a automatic leg heal to the Player units and it works fine for me (nothing is more terrible then crawling around and shouting for a medic ;) ).

Anyway, here is a little "flashlight" script i use to simulate those small and dim flashlights they used in WW2:

Players init:

lighton = player addAction ["Light On","lightsource.sqf",[],1,false];

//lightsource.sqf
player removeAction lighton;
_light = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal [0,0,0]; 
_light setLightBrightness 0.05; 
_light setLightAmbient[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]; 
_light setLightColor[[color="Red"]0.2, 0.5, 0.2[/color]];
_light lightAttachObject [player, [0,0,12]];
lightoff = player addAction ["Light Off","lightsource_off.sqf",[_light],1,false];

//lightsource_off.sqf
_light = (_this select 3) select 0;
deleteVehicle _light;
player removeAction lightoff;
lighton = player addAction ["Light On","lightsource.sqf",[],1,false];

The red part is the color, its RGB...change it wo whatever you like (at the moment its a dim green).

With this script you can turn your "flashlight" on and off, really helps during night infiltrations... :D

Edited by Wiggum

Not sure if this was answered before, I did look, but do the new British units use the BAF voice files? Would be cool if they did (You could get away with calling Brits with US voices Canadians but those of us with a sharp ear know the difference)

Not sure if this was answered before, I did look, but do the new British units use the BAF voice files? Would be cool if they did (You could get away with calling Brits with US voices Canadians but those of us with a sharp ear know the difference)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2014439&postcount=889

WIP

Not for 2.6. Later, if the I44 team approve

If all goes well, the plan was to extend all effects to all aircraft.

rZ0Xi-HyC_k

BIKR0cZS2NI

Plans include

- Left and right wing hit zones - Wing falls off - chance of fire and explosion

- Engine(s) hit zones - up to 4 specific zones (engines) can be defined - fire and random delayed explosion

- Fuel tank hit zones- up to 3 specific zones can be defined - fire and random delayed explosion

- Vert tail hit zones - rudder falls off - loose some control

- Hort tail hit zones - elevator falls off - loose some control

- Landing gear hit zones - gear stops working

- "Camera Shake" on firing weapons, varies with gun types

- "Camera Shake" on starting engines and landing

- Barrel flash now only from correct barrel/weapon

- No more drifting crosshair due to G-force "leaning"

- Engine doesn't always start first time

Very nice Very nice.

Suggestion for you mod:

1. WW2- Custom Buildings/Ruins. Take a look at the Game Red Orchestra 2 on all those buildings. Ruins,debris all over town enviorment.

The Allied made a HUGE bomb raid over Towns before/during the invasion so I think you guys should start get that kind of objects in to your maps. That will boost up game play ALOT.

Insted of using Arma2 buildings. That does not feel right.

Maby there is some one out here on the BIS-forums that would like to offer there help to you guys making those WW-2 Ruins/buildings?

To be immersed in the game is important so this is VERY is important my opinion, and it is somthing I dont see in your great mod.

Brilliant work Gnat :) Are the falling parts attached at the start then detached when hit, or setobjectextured invisible and a seperate part is setposed ? (what kind of language am i using :rolleyes:)

Thanks guys

Are the falling parts attached at the start then detached when hit, or setobjectextured invisible and a seperate part is setposed ? (what kind of language am i using :rolleyes:)

Probably could have been done successfully several ways, but this one works.

_plane animate["hideLeftWing",1];
_realwing = _wtemplate createVehicle (getPos _plane);
_realwing attachTo [_plane, [0,0,0]];
_realwing setDir (direction _realwing)-180;

Yes im sure Pac and the team will love this stuff, the engine starting is wonderfull. gives that bit of realism.

Gnat;2023725']Probably could have been done successfully several ways' date=' but this one works.[/quote']

Yep, that's why i was asking cause this solution seems visually perfect :)

I've already said it on our private forums but love the work Gnat, really cool effects that I'd definitely love to see rolling into I44 future releases, and lovely FW190 too!

ProfTournesol did already cover this thanks for that, but yes the plan is to replace the British radio set with BAF (and BAF_Lite for those like me who don't have BAF DLC) for the 2.6 release.

Very nice Very nice.

Suggestion for you mod:

1. WW2- Custom Buildings/Ruins. Take a look at the Game Red Orchestra 2 on all those buildings. Ruins,debris all over town enviorment.

The Allied made a HUGE bomb raid over Towns before/during the invasion so I think you guys should start get that kind of objects in to your maps. That will boost up game play ALOT.

Insted of using Arma2 buildings. That does not feel right.

Maby there is some one out here on the BIS-forums that would like to offer there help to you guys making those WW-2 Ruins/buildings?

To be immersed in the game is important so this is VERY is important my opinion, and it is somthing I dont see in your great mod.

Authentic WW2 ruins are something we'd love to have but due to a distinct lack of architecture modellers not something we'll be having anytime soon unfortunately. We did however just put out a bunch of images from the new Omaha v2 map which makes use of the ArmA2 ruins and objects (we've avoided any objects that we feel don't fit so no TV Antenna's or Russian spray paint etc) that can be seen back here which we think give the towns a much more post-invasion bombed look (though having read the reports around Omaha, very little bombing actually landed in this area as intended, most planes missing their targets and either letting their ordanance drop way inland up to 5miles, or not dropping at all, instead most damage was done by naval fire in support of Infantry advance in direct attacks on positions).

Are there conflicts between "TrueMods" and Inv44 ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110504

Does Inv44 change the movement speed ect. ?

Macolik has replaced a number of animations and altered the speed of some things for 2.6 (previous versions I can't really remember what was changed anymore) such as prone turning speed. So there could well be conflicts its not something we generally test due to time restraints, and we try to limit the amount of mods people need to have the ideal setup by keeping as many features as required native to I44 rather than needing further mods to run as intended.

ProfTournesol did already cover this thanks for that, but yes the plan is to replace the British radio set with BAF (and BAF_Lite for those like me who don't have BAF DLC) for the 2.6 release.

Great news Pac. Really cannot wait til 2.6 comes out!

2.6 is sounding better and better.

The new work done on Omaha looks great guys! Well done and thanks for sticking with it!

Hey I have just sat down and completed an MP mish for me and my posse (not worth releasing lol) and have developed another craving for WWII action.

I have just realised though that one of my favourite I44 missions seems to be missing since 2.5.

I can't remember the name of it but it's on Cherno in a town constructed for the mission. It was at night and involves getting through some serious arty rounds, up into the city then clearing it of static MG's and SS troops, I think a tank rocks up at some stage also.

Is it gone or is it me?

Cheers

Thanks Grub hopefully it'll live up to expectations. I can't recall that mission though, sounds like a custom community made one I tried once with some ruins but that was never an official mission for the mod that I recall, think it was on our public forums called 'ruins' or something but I could be wrong.

Can someone tell my the base class (inside the config) for all German Units ?

For example "I44_G_WH" is a faction, i would need to know the Base (just like "RU_Soldier_Base") inside the config.

Thanks !

No, i need the Base class inside the config, not the classnames.

Thanks !

A request:

The AI is pretty much totally blind at night without NVG's...

Even in bright nights (full moon) where the player can clearly see the enemy.

The "knowsAbout" will not raise high enough as long as you dont attack first or do some really stupid things infront of the AI (enemy).

Night combat in WW2 cant be simulated that way...

Would it be possible to give the units invisible NVG's ?

No because then players could take the 'invisible' nvg's and have them themselves. In my tests in 2.6 the AI is FAR from blind at night and responds accurately depending on how much the player or other AI reveal themselves (e.g. noise and light from weapons fire).

What you could do however is on a per mission basis set the AI units time to daytime while the players are still set to night, but again I doubt this is really needed with 2.6 as they seem be behaving as you would expect them too at least thats been the case with my tests on Aloft and OpAmb so far.

The problem is more that you normaly know that any "unknown" unit is a enemy...but the AI knows not !

That way you can walk right next to enemy AI at night and they will only know that you are a "unknown" man.

Also, you cant tell your teammates to shot at enemy AI as long as they are still "unknown" to you and them...but again, this is a game and you know that any unknown iunit is most likely a enemy.

Thats more of a ArmA2 AI problem then a Inv44 problem so i doubt that 2.6 will change anything about it.

It's I44_man_G

...and for the americans its "I44_man_A" and for the British "I44_man_B" ?

Edited by Wiggum

...and for the americans its "I44_man_A" and for the British "I44_man_B"

Yup you got it, Iuka set up things to be pretty standard with regards to our classes to keep things like that straight-forward for scripting purposes. Regarding the AI there were issues with 2.5 and 2.51 that have been improved dramatically for 2.6, there will always be some issues with the AI in ArmA2 though so it will never be 100% realistic especially at night, but again the AI's had no problem spotting me on Aloft in my recent tests unless I was really pushing for stealthy infiltration in which case it was pretty much what you'd hope for. Adding workarounds like invisible night vision objects just creates more problems than it solves especially when there's other per-mission work arounds such as setting AI units to daytime that negate the need for anything that could actually cause other problems when those aids are not wanted or would give unfair advantages when players did get their hands on them from dead AI's.

Then i want 2.6 NOW ! :p

About "setting AI units to daytime":

How can i do this ?