Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

The next invasion would start in the quiet forest of Arden... We're ready to charge...

I have a question: How do you prevent infantry from riding on tanks (when inf are grouped with a tank)?

You can lock the cargo positions with 'Lockcargo True' in the init field and it will lock all cargo positions of the vehicle.

You can lock the cargo positions with 'Lockcargo True' in the init field and it will lock all cargo positions of the vehicle.

T(h)anks alot :cheers:

We need a B-29, stat.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

You could try it with ACE Vehicle Damage Simulation system; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System

But I suppose first someone will have to get down and dirty writing some configs with properties for setting up the system on the vehicles and ammo.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes#Addon%20Makers

If this gets added then I can finally have some fun pitting modern CDF forces fighting them.

Pretty sure B-29's were only used in to any real extent in the Pacific theater so we have no plans to model and code one anytime soon especially when there are still plenty of units that did see service in the area's our mod is focused on.

We did look into the ACE vehicle damage system, but the only way to implement it would seem to be by making the mod fully compatible (and therefore require ACE) to make use of it, something we have neither the people, nor the time to do at the moment so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Were we to ever implement the system we'd still be balancing our units to each other, not the existing ArmA2 units so pitting them against modern units would still probably yield unrealisitic results.

Alright, yeah, I should have really researched my facts a bit more before suggesting them, of course if you ever did plan to add it, it would be nice.

Do you ever plan on adding Russian forces?

Also, a Casemate or bunker with MG-42s would be nice

No, there are no plans for Russian forces that would require a number of modellers and texture artists that we do not have available, and with the Liberation 44 game coming out, we'd rather focus our energies on the European conflict.

You can easily place an MG-42 in a casemate yourself either by hand or with a program such as RTE, there's little need for us to model a whole new one at this time.

Please remember we have a TINY team, suggesting random unit additions will rarely be things we can accomplish as everyone on the team already have plenty of jobs to be doing so really unless you're offering to come help us make them, its highly unlikely we'll be able to do anything about them. Sorry!

Oh that's ok.

The only reason I wanted some casemates was because they look kinda odd when you place them in it and it's hard to place them in, but It's not a HUGE deal.

The only real major thing that fits would be the ability to add the ballasts that float tanks to shore (using a similair script to the marine's AAV.)

That seems like it would require quite a bit of work if you wanted the ballasts to be taken off when your onshore but it would be pretty cool.

Try RTE it makes placing anything really easy as you have a realtime visual of where things are going and full control over their exact placement:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85766

Just please don't ask how to use it in this thread ;)

The only real major thing that fits would be the ability to add the ballasts that float tanks to shore (using a similair script to the marine's AAV.)

I'm not aware of them using this method in WW2, the only real swimming tanks were DD Sherman tanks, and wading options for some others with extended exhausts. Most others were landing in landing craft and driven off onto beach.

Some footage from our recent v2.6 MP test session on Macolik's new mission, Fallschirmjäger's must ambush a British Convoy in "Southern Italy".

Part 1

tUmjRgBRdeA

Part 2

The Fallschirmjäger's squad is now completely surrounded and under heavy counterattack from the British. As darkness falls they must retreat into the darkness to find a way home.

awxEkkHrDj0

Try RTE it makes placing anything really easy as you have a realtime visual of where things are going and full control over their exact placement:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85766

Just please don't ask how to use it in this thread ;)

I'm not aware of them using this method in WW2, the only real swimming tanks were DD Sherman tanks, and wading options for some others with extended exhausts. Most others were landing in landing craft and driven off onto beach.

Wow thanks, you guys are some of the best modders ever, well whatever does get added, I look forward to it.

Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:

To show my feelings about 2.6, I'll shall quote the great philosopher Lt. George from Blackadder;

"I'm as excited as a terribly excited person who has a really good reason for being terribly excited."

I was wondering if you guys were going to update the British infantry.

I.e. airborne troops could were there soft cover Berets Or Commando's with out there Dennison smocks? Just Battle dress with webbing and there weird hats :)

And bayonets for the SMG's and Lee Enfield’s.

If this has been raised before I’m sorry i don’t mean to bring it up again.

But aye good effort with the mod its good fun. Would love there to be more British stuff just because, well I'm English.

Edited by Cross888
bad grammer

Yeah the existing British Paras and Commandos did get a bit of an update alongside the addition of standard Infantry. Para and Commando NCO's and Officers have red and green berets respectively, while the new British tank crew officer has a Black Beret. Also Commando infantry now have a variety of headgear using the Infantry helmet variants.

Currently we haven't done standard battle dress Commandos, I expect we may do these sometime in the future as time allows. Right now we've removed all insignia from the brits (Wax's infantry original had a few built into the texture). Hopefully again sometime in the future we'll be adding these details in via hidden selections but with so many variations available (way more than the Americans due to regimental locations and divison patches) we've left the arms blank for now so mission makers can call them what they like, and easily mix and match between groups etc.

Right now there aren't Bayonets for the British rifles mainly due to the lack of an authentic bayonet model for them. We may implement a placeholder one for 2.6 as its doubtful we'll have time to get one modelled anytime soon.

There are no plans for any other bayonets on other weapons such as SMG's at this time, so they'll still only be on the primary rifles for 2.6, it takes quite a bit to implement them and they just aren't very high on our list of to do's sorry!

Cross: While bayonets are undeniably cool, I think that there are other aspects which are far more important in suspending our disbelief, e.g. OPFOR speaking German (and not Russian).

Pac: Sorry to be the nosy parker but should we be building our advent calenders in days? weeks? or months?

Cross: While bayonets are undeniably cool, I think that there are other aspects which are far more important in suspending our disbelief, e.g. OPFOR speaking German (and not Russian).

On that note, the German radio's already done in and working for the most part, still need to get the conversation system working properly but otherwise works great!

Pac: Sorry to be the nosy parker but should we be building our advent calenders in days? weeks? or months?

As always, when its done! Hopefully before the end of October but can't make any promises, we're trying to get as much fixed and implemented as we can but there's only a handful of us working on the mod so RL issues can really impact development time. Things are looking good though so hopefully not too much longer.

Do you think it might make sense for all the British tank crews to have black beret's instead of the U.S. Harold Lloyd 'football' style helmet?

I thought it made more sense to just make a whole new model from the resources we had available, forgive the quality of the picture as it wasn't intended for public display but I'm far too tired to go and snap something pretty after a day of mission work...

britcrew.th.jpg

Hi Pac, I get you, I thought you were saying you had just replaced the Tank commanders U.S. helmet with a black beret. They are excellent - great work!!!

You are indeed a "Trooper".

:yay::bounce3::yay:

P.S. seems quiet in the Ardennes region - think I'll send my tired men there for some rest and recuperation.

Fair one man. Speaking for soley myself on that its never really bothered me the hole lingo issue. Especialy with them spamming the radio frequencys with useless info so i just turn the radio comms right down.

Yeah the existing British Paras and Commandos did get a bit of an update alongside the addition of standard Infantry. Para and Commando NCO's and Officers have red and green berets respectively, while the new British tank crew officer has a Black Beret. Also Commando infantry now have a variety of headgear using the Infantry helmet variants.

Currently we haven't done standard battle dress Commandos, I expect we may do these sometime in the future as time allows. Right now we've removed all insignia from the brits (Wax's infantry original had a few built into the texture). Hopefully again sometime in the future we'll be adding these details in via hidden selections but with so many variations available (way more than the Americans due to regimental locations and divison patches) we've left the arms blank for now so mission makers can call them what they like, and easily mix and match between groups etc.

Right now there aren't Bayonets for the British rifles mainly due to the lack of an authentic bayonet model for them. We may implement a placeholder one for 2.6 as its doubtful we'll have time to get one modelled anytime soon.

There are no plans for any other bayonets on other weapons such as SMG's at this time, so they'll still only be on the primary rifles for 2.6, it takes quite a bit to implement them and they just aren't very high on our list of to do's sorry!

Cheers dude for the swift reply. And fair one i appreciate that there are bigger fish to fry. :)

I know that british forces did'nt really use the sword bayonet style like the spams in ww2. But i dont think any one will really cry if you guys used that model as a "temp solution", if that makes sence?

Just be cool to be able to clear out buildings with our Enfileds (Bayonet fitted), webleys, SMG's and mills bombs. I know i'm a geek. :)

Keep up the great work fellas.

Looks like the names of many german voice files has changed.

I used this script to get german voices:

/*
[_group] execVM "scripts\Ger_Orders.sqf"
Build by Inv44 Team
Modify by Joffre257 mission maker from Inv44 team
Ported to .sqf and modified by Macolik from Inv44 team
*/

_group = _this select 0;

_leaderSounds = ["gerthrowingren","gerennemyattacking","gergetdown","gerineedbackup","gergogogo","gerfirenreload",
"germedic","gerwounded","gerwaitformyorder","gerstaytogether","gergrenadet","gerholdpos","gerbringupmg","gerachtung2",
"gercoverflanks","geradvance","geramerican","gerassault","gerattack3","gerattack4","gerattack5","gerattack6","Gercoveringfire",
"gerfaster","gerFire","gerformezligne","gergetinposition","gergogo2","gergogo","gerhalt","germovein","germoveout","gerretreat",
"gersupressingfire","gerfireatwill","gertakecover2","gertakecover"];

_UnitsSounds = ["gerthrowingren","gerennemyattacking","gergetdown","gerennemymg","gerineedbackup","gerbazooka","gerweneedarty",
"gerunderstood","germedic","gerwounded","gercoverme","gercoveryou","gerweneedbackup","gergrenadet","gerennemyinrange","gerennemyinfantry",
"gerbrinuppanzerfaust","gersaveammo","gerweneedmg","gerincoming1","gerincoming2","gercoverflanks","gerenemyahead","gertakecover2","gertakecover",
"gerennemysniper","geryessir", "geryessir2","gerlookout2","gerlookout"];

waituntil {contact};
while {true} do
{

//scopename "loop1";
  if (behaviour (leader _group) == "COMBAT") then
  {

sleep 5 + random (5);
        _rand = random (count _leaderSounds);
        (leader _group) say (_leaderSounds select _rand);
        _y = 0 + random (3);

if (_y > 2) then
        {
        sleep 5 + random (5);
        _groupunits = units _group;
        _rand2 = random (count _UnitsSounds);
        };

if (count _groupUnits > 1) then
        {
        (_groupUnits select 1) say (_unitsSounds select _rand2);
        sleep 1;
        };
        _groupunits = units _group;
        if  (count _groupUnits == 0) then {

};

};

};

But with the new version (downloaded today from armaholic) i always get some error messages telling me that "germovein" (for example) does not exist...

Any advise ?

Yeah the german voices had a bit of a reshuffle when they got re-recorded by Doc, I also fluffed up a few of the DAC mission sounds listing but have since fixed it for 2.6's release, here's the new ones in DAC_Config_Sounds format so you'll need to reshuffle them a bit to work with the gerorders scripts:

DAC_SayArrayE = [

/* reach waypoint */

[100,"geradvance","gergetinposition","gergogo","gergogo2","gergogogo","gerhalt","gerholdpos","germoveout","gerstaytogether","gerwaitformyorder"],

/* detect enemys */

[100,"gerachtung1","gerachtung2","gerbringupmg","gerbringuppanzerfaust","gerenbazooka","gerenemyahead","gerenemyattacking","gerenemyinfantry","gerenemyinrange","gerenemymg","gerenemysniper","gerfireatwill","gergetdown","gersaveammo","gersupressingfire","gertakecover","gerwatchout","gerweneedmg"],

/* attack enemys */

[100,"gerassault","gerattack3","gerattack4","gercoverflanks","gercoveringfire","gerfaster","gerFire","gernocover","gerthrowingren"],

/* call for help */

[100,"gerBackupAir","gerbackuptanks","gerineedbackup","gerMedic","gerweneedbackup"],

/* lost contact */

[100,"gersearchen1","gersearchen2","gerwhereen","gerwhereen2"],

/* call for arti */

[100,"gerweneedarty"],

/* help positiv */

[100,"gercoveryou","gerunderstood","geryessir","geryessir2","gerImcoming"]

];

NOTE: for some reason qoute is forcing a space in some of the above: 'ge rwhereen2' should read 'gerwhereen2' etc

Some may still not work entirely correctly for 2.51 but should be fine for 2.6 and beyond so prolly best to use them for now and either put up with any errors remaining or just remove that sound from your list for now.

Edited by PacUK

Here's a few screenshots of the upcoming Omaha v2, an update to Jojimbo's already beautiful Omaha map by Macolik and Pac. Incorporating some of ArmA2's objects and expanding the land to the very edge of the available space (no more island Omaha!) the overall size is still the same however. Time for eye-candy!

37325812.th.jpg20921855.th.jpg17654381.th.jpg14814181.th.jpg

93580519.th.jpg16934437.th.jpg41428438.th.jpg11316641.th.jpg

43732688.th.jpg83853936.th.jpg11398980.th.jpg51167684.th.jpg

10200678.th.jpg59041995.th.jpg

Thanks PacUK !

Man, this mod is great, together with the ShackTac Fireteam HUD and the Hybrid Commanding System its like playing Hidden & Dangerous 3 !

But i have a problem:

It looks like at least all British Commandos have Medic abilities.

That may be realistic, but that way you cant use custom medic systems and are forced to use the BIS stuff (which is something i hate)...

What are your thoughts about that ?