Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Actually it sounds like a very reasonable offer to me. That my personal situation means I'm ineligible doesn't in anyway reduce their legitimacy. Fingers crossed, I can't wait

Edited by domokun

Heh sorry FKPLACE, we've just had too many lone testers either vanish into thin air, or never turn up in the first place. As well as plenty that have either leaked the mod early, and one even releasing it all and claiming it as their own work. Case of a few spoiling it for all!

I just got the Invasion 1944 Mod installed, after 2 days of installing and unistalling it. finally no errors, or so I thought, everything works great except when I try to join Multiplayer servers every time get this error message:

"Files@I44Co\Addons\ocp.pbo" "@I44Co\Addons\Csj_B17.pbo"

"@I44Co\Addons\109q.pbo"

"@I44Co\Addons\BBallon.pbo"

"@I44Co\Addons\Chute.pbo"

"@I44Co\Addons\Engine.pbo"

....Are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play this server, remove listed files or install additional excepted keys.

Now I have gone back to the the Arma 2 OA @I44 addons folder and removed these these listed addons but when I go back into the game I get Error messages at the start that im missing somthing else. So when restore the deleted addons back where I deleted them from it works fine again. Except the same error comes up in Multiplayer.

I also noticed for some reason the BattleEye folder was installed in Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma\Expansion\BattleEye" Shouldn't that be in my Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Steam folder?

Anyone familiar with this problem, I could sure use some help in this matter.

Thanks,

KevlarSCOUT

Edited by KeVLarSCOUT

Sounds like you're trying to join a server thats running a different version of the mod than the one you have installed. 2.0+ which was for ArmA2 ONLY was installed to @I44 by default, while 2.5+ for Combined Operations (will not run on standalone Operation Arrowhead) installed to @I44CO by default.

You could try contacting the server admins running the servers you're trying to join and see what version they are running if its not obvious by the mod information in the server browser.

No idea about BattleEye as its nothing to do with the mod or its installation.

As you're running the steam version of ArmA2, make sure you've installed and set it up corrrectly to run as Combined Operations, and that you've installed the mod to the correct directory (from what I've read it needs to be in the folder that has arma2oa.exe but having never used a steam install I'm not 100% certain).

Best place to start is probably this thread by Dwarden:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

Yac's been busy working on some new planes to fill out our air forces a bit further, here's a couple screenshots showing off the new Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ia (based on CSJ's original model, with bomb and rocket variants), and the Me262 A-1 Schwalbe, and A-2 Sturmvogel:

hawkertyphoonmkiaint.th.jpghawkertyphoonmkiaext.th.jpghawkertyphoonmkiarp3ext.th.jpg

me262a1schwalbeint.th.jpgme262a1schwalbeext1.th.jpgme262a1schwalbeext2.th.jpg

me262a2sturmvogelext1bi.th.jpgme262a2sturmvogelext2.th.jpg

Could they attack infantry troops automatically by A.I. pilots?

Again as I've said a couple times now, the AI in ArmA2 to the best of my knowledge will not engage infantry with planes using bombs, every test I've done using standard ArmA units I've never seen it happen. I would guess those weapons are for hard targets like tanks. Shame you didn't ask, "do they engage tanks with their unguided rockets"... because the answer to that is, yes, they do... and its awesome!

Great planes, cant hardly wait to see the Typhoons bring the Tigers to thier knees with those rockets.

Nice with some Air surpport.

Again as I've said a couple times now, the AI in ArmA2 to the best of my knowledge will not engage infantry with planes using bombs, every test I've done using standard ArmA units I've never seen it happen. I would guess those weapons are for hard targets like tanks. Shame you didn't ask, "do they engage tanks with their unguided rockets"... because the answer to that is, yes, they do... and its awesome!

It's a regretful thing when AI planes worked like that in ARMA2 each time. I think maybe the game developer thinks it's not necessary to let mordern fighters attack the infantry with their extremely powerful weapon. And they use choppers to do it. But is it possible to modify this to let it be workable in WW2 games?

Of course, I wont ask a question if your planes could attack tanks with their rockets. I think they must be able to assault something like those big targets without question.

Edited by FKPLACE

Think about it this way, if planes were to attack infantry they'd end up dropping bombs and rockets on a single infantry unit, they can't distinguish between a single unit or a crowd of them, so a plane would end up wasting its heavy ordanance on single units instead of for targets that actually need them.

It is possible for planes to engage using their guns on infantry for strafing runs, I've seen AI do it, but still that leaves them defenseless against other air targets they might encounter and they'll always take priority in the AI's routines. To qoute Saving Private Ryan "..the airforce isn't gonna spend ordanance on one machine gun..."

In my opinion its not an issue at all, if you're playing single player and you've made yourself a mission with planes available, just make it playable, switch to the plane and bomb whatever you like. If it's multiplayer, try and persuede your pilot buddy to do a bombing run on infantry (they'll probably tell you its a waste though).

If its that vitally important to you, script it yourself and incorporate it into the missions you make. As a feature for I44 though, its not something we'll be doing as its innacurate with regards to realism, and something that would waste a valuable asset on something you can just as easily shoot yourself.

I quite agree, apart from its earliest origins (WW1), air forces historically rarely engaged infantry as it simply wasn't an efficient use of resoucres. They favoured instead much higher value targets such as tanks, artillery, ships and other aircraft.

So although it's a shame that BIS leaves us with this limitation, its not as serious as it first seems.

I think we have to accept that the Arma series is above all an infantry simulator, rather than an flight sim.

Moreover I think that there are other inaccuracies which deserve much greater attention, e.g. damage modelling of tank armour

Edited by domokun

wow! Awesome updates coming, can't wait, thanks PacUK...

Also want to throw out a huge thanks to all the I44 guys... AGW is set to begin our 6th tour this coming Sunday, using the I44 Mod for the first time & our community is so looking forward to it. I will add this update to our news blog, thanks again for all the hard work guys... it's one of our favorite mods.

Edited by TCEd

I had to take the time to say Great Work!!! I just saw the aircraft pics from ArmaHolic's WIP post, wow just wow... I've been waiting for WW2 in ArmA (actually I waiting for all "pre-electronic" warfare mods (sharpe's rifles too)).

I can't say thank you enough (without sounding "light on my loafers"), I can barely find the time to play, never mind create the beautiful...

Long live the Modders!!!

Yac's been busy working on some new planes to fill out our air forces a bit further, here's a couple screenshots showing off the new Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ia (based on CSJ's original model, with bomb and rocket variants), and the Me262 A-1 Schwalbe, and A-2 Sturmvogel:

Will these planes be available on an updated version of the standalone the_FEW pack?

Will these planes be available on an updated version of the standalone the_FEW pack?

You'd have to ask Yac that, as I44 is not directly involved in The Few's development but we do share some of their modders, as far as I know they are coded to the same standards destruction and feature wise, but I'm not sure what the plans are for future versions of the Few. Right now I can only speak for their inclusion in v2.6 of I44 though!

It's understandble you guys would like to put more strength and time on something maybe more urgent and valuable for the Mod. But it's still a great regretful the infantry troops could be exempted from attacks of AI aircrafts no matter they are in groups or so on. It's really not realistic enough in the game of a WW2 scenario. But for the moment, we have to forget it till some other Mods may make it.

By way, the planes in the above screens, seem the latest german fighters in the final period of the war.

Edited by FKPLACE

We can't explain it any better, and I'm just repeating myself over and over now... if planes were able to engage with their bombs by default from AI, they would drop their bombs on a single AI infantry unit, a pure waste of ammo. They DO engage infantry with their guns, I've seen them do it, I've been chased by them doing it, so what you're not understanding I really don't know. The matter is closed!

As I've said if you make a mission and you want AI planes to drop a bomb on a target of infantry, you CAN script it yourself, anything is possible with mission based scripts. But to code something so unnecesary into the mod would be a real waste of time and resources.

The Me262 meanwhile was put into action mid-1944, as our mod is called Invasion 1944... I think it fits perfectly well within the timeframe of our mods setting, and gives our users some great options for mission making with them available.

It would seem that from my previous post I had made a mistake on why I was getting the Addon error message, It was my assumption that when you down loaded the @I44CO Mod that it would default to strictly @I44CO multiplayer servers. However I soon found out that it was only bringing up Arma2 Takistan servers. Is there a reason I can't seem to find any Invasion 1944 servers on my list. Where do I find @I44CO Multiplayer servers? I really want to try it out.

Thanks,

KeVlarSCOUT

Best bet is to use the 'filter' for either the name of the server or the name of the mission for someting with '44' in. Won't strictly be all the I44 server but a lot of them tend to have it in somewhere (all official missions started with I44_ prefix). As far as I know there are few server still running though, hopefully it'll pick up when 2.6 is released.

Oh ok.... thanks, PacUK... Thats to bad considering I bought Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead just to try the @I44CO MOD, since im a big WWII buff. I just assumed it would be popular MOD, the detailed Models look amazing. Whats in the 2.6 release that will make it so much more appealing?

Hopefully more missions, more units, more maps and less bugs, alongside the new ArmA2 patch which improves MP performance thats due out soon we hope that people might play for more than a week or two this time.

Yeah I think this MOD has to much potential to allow it to go by the waist side. Ive Also heard that alot of people were turned off by the installation process. I could see were that might be difficult for someone that is not computer savy. I know just know enough to get by, I think it was harder for me because I bought it on Steam so the integration was a little hard to understand at first. Thanks for the heads up, I do look forward to a new and more elustrious release next time round. I will keep an eye on the forums for info and updates on the new release.

We have tried to make the installation as simple as possible, the installer does all the work for most users, while the 7zip version allows experienced users a simple procedure, both of which were fully documented so there's very little more we can do to help people. As none of the development team own a steam copy we really can't help there but a number of community members have clearly explained how to install the mod on steam, and Dwarden posted information for how to achieve a combined operations installation for those with seperate installs (including steam). Really the only excuse for not being able to install the mod is not reading the install instructions (fairly understandable english is not your native language I suppose), but mostly its falls back to the age old saying RTFM :D

Saying that there's also six updater (thanks sickboy) and yoma versions (thanks Jman and everyone else who provides mirrors) so really our mod is no more difficult and in some cases easier to use than many of the mods available.